ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This group of dudes from Louisville is killing it so far on America's Got Talent. This is from their audition last week:

I'll concede the pizza, since you brought it up.

Tony's is as good a steak as anything in the ville. TS

Not really sure what bars are so great there either.

Enjoy all the pumps.

We've got the breweries for sure but everything else is dead on. Tony's is good but not better than a hand full of places there... and that's just pure steakhouses. If we're talking all restaurants it's not even top 10. Pizza isn't even close. Bars aren't even close. They have like 4 legit districts. More quality bars and restaurants in a 2 mile stretch than the entire city of lex. It's absurdly unbalanced.

Rupp doesn't need to be replaced but I'd appreciate replacing the metal pole barn siding with some nice pastel colored hardy board and maybe a pergola over the entrance

-A train trip across the Canadian Rockies is on the bucket list.

-Stuffed peppers with quinoa last night for dinner. Nice little break from the meat-and-two(or three.....or four). A year ago I would've slapped a big FALSE on that meal. But I'm in a better place now. Baby steps, as it were.

-Echo Chase on the ASG cluelessness. THIRTY-ONE first-timers, did I hear that right? Basically a bunch of random Hispanic players I've never heard of. And Trout and Harper.

Still hate the rule that every team gets an All-Star on the roster. Whatever.

-The 2017 class I want: Young, Diallo, Petty, Washington, Bamba, Richards, and two Kentucky kids(Hollingsworth and Sebree). I really like those two Indy kids, Wilkes and Scruggs, but I wonder if either of them would accept knowing that their "second-tier" recruits at their positions behind Young and Petty. Would still love to have them if possible.

-Consistently crack up at how Jon Rothstein tweets about "sources" telling him that Rhode Island and Drexel have agreed to a home-and-home. Better protect that source, Jon.

-Dan Mullen only served to reinforce how unlikeable Mississippi State athletics really is.

Reactions: GrandePdre
- I love Lexington. Love its size and it will always feel like a second home to me. The presence of UK and the proximity to my favorite passion/hobby has always given it a magical feel, going all the way back to when I was a kid. I don't get that feeling anywhere else on earth. That more than makes up for any of its deficiencies.

I always thought the bar scene could be a helluva lot better. Granted, I haven't frequented them much the last 5 years or so, and I'm sure its improved. Besides that and the need to get away to something else in my 20s, I don't have much bad to say about that town.

- Watched "Everybody Wants Some" last night and I now will present my thoughts.

It's a Richard Linklater film and the obvious comparison is "Dazed & Confused." It has the same nostalgic feel (D&C was about high school in the mid-70s, this one about college in 1980). The plots are similar- D&C was about the last weekend of school headed into the summer, this one about the first weekend heading into college. Same types of relatable "Yeah, I know guys like that" characters. Same kind of humor.

I really liked it. Brought back memories of that wonderful first weekend back to college every August, which is easily the best time of college. It was funny and entertaining. Not much of a plot to speak of, but I wasn't expecting one. That said, Dazed & Confused is on another level completely- completely outclasses it in acting, characters, humor, narrative, etc. D&C was a classic, probably one of my Top 20 films of all-time, whereas EWS is just a good way to spend a couple hours.

Couple quick thoughts:

* The lead dude looks dead-on college Brady Quinn.

* Thought the baseball scenes were all pretty solid and realistic.

* The crazy pitcher dude was over-the-top and pretty stupid.

MV5BMTk2NDcyNDE5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDA0MzQ1NzE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FargenBastich
-The 2017 class I want: Young, Diallo, Petty, Washington, Bamba, Richards, and two Kentucky kids(Hollingsworth and Sebree). I really like those two Indy kids, Wilkes and Scruggs, but I wonder if either of them would accept knowing that their "second-tier" recruits at their positions behind Young and Petty. Would still love to have them if possible.

Good call. Would give us an elite PG, outside shooting, athleticism on the wings, some inside-out scoring and two rim-protecting bigs.

Would LOVE to add Knox, but I just don't get a good feel there. Diallo and Petty would be more than enough on the wings.

Also wouldn't mind stealing Mitchell Robinson from that douche at Western. That kid is cruising up the rankings. Lots of good bigs.

Wouldn't mind Lonnie Walker either.

Maybe we could change the name from Rupp Arena to Rupp's Raft and turn the outside into a gigantic Huckleberry Finn style raft. Painted blue, of course. Throw in some dinosaur and unicorn statues in the parking lot and I'd say we're good to go.

Long and productive day off work yesterday. Picked up moving truck at 7:30, met the moving crew at our storage unit, watched them load up, drove to new house, watched them unload. Spent the rest of the day sorting through boxes that my wife packed with absolutely no identifiable marking whatsoever.

That's the way to do it. Driving a 26 foot truck sucks but the price difference from driving the truck yourself and just booking movers for a few hours saved us thousands. Some of the appliances got delivered, internet hooked up... My planning was impeccable, and the crews that did the actual work were solid, strong backed, God-fearing men. Im sure my in-laws were shocked that a 34 year old man who has purchased 4 homes in 10 years and moved more than a dozen times in that span was able to coordinate such an event.

New place has a lot of work left to do on it. The sun room, for instance, has no windows in it right now. Previous owners apparently knocked the glass out as the bank was forcing their departure. But it has a built in wood burning pizza oven and a patio for the Eggs, and there is a "purse and shoe room" for my wife. This is also known to most Americans as a "closet" but I guess they are more specific in our exact locale.

During the first few months of snapchats existence, I signed up and sent a few snaps to a handful of people but I really thought it was dumb. Fast forward years later to the present, I logged back on and man there are some gals on social media that just put it all out there. I mean...

Fell asleep watching the all-star game last night. This never wouldve happened to the cclark as a youth. Really looked forward to the HR Derby and ASG. I recall thinking that after that game took place, having to go back to school was just around the corner. Sick feeling back then.

My Amazon Echo was in storage since March, and I plugged her back in yesterday again. That whole device has apparently gone through updates and added tons of features. Highly recommend. Actually buy it yesterday if you can bc its on sale for Prime Day.

Will Mitch force Cal to schedule any games at The Ark?

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
So you guys want to add an Elite PG, some good shooting/athleticism on the wings, and some nice bigs who can score inside/out and protect the rim in this class?

Haven't thought about it that way, but seems like a good strategy.

Sorry, man- allow me to apologize for both the preacherman and myself talking UK basketball in here.

My 6-year-old is a HUGE Fixer Upper fan and he has very strong opinions about the things they do on there. Children love HGTV for some unknown reason.

Rack Chad's Lexington bars post. I have lived here for 10 years now and the bar scene has always been so/so. When you are in college you can crush Keys, Roof, and McCarthy's but once you hit that 26-35 range, the bar options become stale.

About the only options now are Belle's (overpriced), Parlay Social (too old) and dive bars (fewer woman). Louisville > Lexington in regards to the bar scene IMO. Never have a bad time when I go out up there. Aside from that I absolutely love Lexington and have no desire to ship anywhere else for the time being.

Booked a trip to Jamaica this fall. I have the same philosophy as Wildcat Football when it comes to travel. WHY NOT?!

Rupp doesn't need to be replaced but I'd appreciate replacing the metal pole barn siding with some nice pastel colored hardy board and maybe a pergola over the entrance

Atleast get the giant mural artist to jazz the place up a little. I personally liked the idea they had of removing the siding and opening it up with glass.

Atleast get the giant mural artist to jazz the place up a little. I personally liked the idea they had of removing the siding and opening it up with glass.
Eli didn't want the legislature to approve money for the Lexington Center to update Rupp. Popular theory is that UK plans to announce an on campus arena at the corner of Alumni and Nicholasville after the contract at Rupp is extended beyond 2018.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Lexington titty bars > Louisville titty bars. Not close.

Solid online review of Cowboys:

I have came in my pants more than once here. Hooked up with one of the strippers too one day when she wasn't working. I got her number one Night. Cost me a little but not much at all. Even cheaper than anyone on backpage plus she was sexy!!

One more glowing review from a patron:

I've been there and had dances from a couple different people. I've actually nutted in my pants a fee times. Of course I left right after that dance before it started soaking through lol. Good dances though. I've nutted in my pants at platinum too. Told this one girl I was about to and she thought it was hot that she almost got me there so she reached down and rubbed it up and down over my pants til I went

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT