ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife's birthday is next week. I mean, it's kinda my fault because I never ask for anything, but there's a good, oh I dunno, 600% difference in money spent on her gifts vs. my gifts.

Wife's birthday is next week. I mean, it's kinda my fault because I never ask for anything, but there's a good, oh I dunno, 600% difference in money spent on her gifts vs. my gifts.

Me and the lady's birthdays are really close together, so I always propose that we just take a trip together. It is a win/win/win. I get to go somewhere and don't get a shitty present. She gets something to plan for. I don't have to buy something she won't like.

Works great.

Reports have emerged that Joe Paterno knew about Sandusky in 1976 and would've known about 6 more incidents through the years which were reported to him and/or witnessed by assistants.

Seriously lost it when Julian climbs out of the flipped over/sideways car with his Rum & Coke undisturbed.

So much subtle funny shit going on, pretty much all the time.
Wow.

If you had listened to me in 2005, who knows what kind of wonderful and fulfilled life you could be leading right now by consuming an appropriate pop culture mix. Sad!

Reactions: TransyCat09
Reports have emerged that Joe Paterno knew about Sandusky in 1976 and would've known about 6 more incidents through the years which were reported to him and/or witnessed by assistants.
On one hand, he's dead and Sandusky will die in prison.

On the other hand, dig him up and bury him again I guess?

Number of people surprised?

That was reported at the time but quickly dismissed because ol shit bag was alive and still the story.

Glad we've cleared that up how that it's over. Smh.

I'm assuming that Sandusky is in segregated housing in prison because someone would have murdered him by now.

Top 3 most interesting WTF sports stories of the last two decades, IMO:

1. Tiger Woods' life and game completely falling apart seemingly overnight at the apparent peak of his abilities

2. Michael Jordan incredibly quitting basketball after 3 straight titles in his prime to pursue a professional baseball career.

3. Joe Paterno- beacon of morality in college sports- having his reputation crumble when it turns out he willingly ignored the pedophilia in his lockerroom from his distinguished defensive coordinator.

I heard that the fat people have slimmed down and the thin people have bulked up. Also everyone is running faster, blowing up the weight room, etc. The usual.

I genuinely expect Drew Barker to go down for the season before the calendar hits October. That is the most "Kentucky Football" scenario I could think of. It won't happen until after fall camp either. Have to make sure the offense is completely installed and tailored to his skill set before he blows out that knee or tears that rotator cuff.

Reactions: _Chase_
I'm a college football as they get, but ain't ready to break down roster/depth chart/scheduling yet. august is a long ass month & perfect for all that.

any other good shows out there that feature attractive actresses with large cans to recommend?

-I have no experience with golf clubs, I've just seen a few around here switch management multiple times and the same song and dance with each switch. Same with MCC. Andover has a nice pool but that golf course sucks which I assume is the real problem, TBH.

If you loved the first two seasons you're in for a real treat. It only gets better.

-Truth. I went in not having any clue what it's about. Which was awesome. Like I said the other day, it's probably the best long run series in history at staying true to itself. Season after season the same shenanigans but somehow never gets old. Only in that last season did it go off the rails a bit with the guest stars but even that was still funny. Jullian is a great character but Ricky is amazing, he makes the show along with Lahey. The way Ricky can continually mess up words and common phrases so effortlessly is just ridiculous. Probably going to start it over.

#smokesletsgo
Tuesday Randos:
- The Bahamian lass is such a beach snob. She just got back from a bachelorette party in HHI and wasn't impressed at all. I love that place.

- I'm rooting hard for Sergio Garcia to get his this weekend. Good dude who is well-liked on tour. Would be nice to see him get over the hump. Of course, since I am Golf Fan, I will be rooting equally hard for EVERYONE to win..

-I wasn't overly impressed with HHI in general, give me Charleston any day, but the east coast beaches are all pretty meh. If we're just talking beaches the Gulf Coast easily walks in that regard. You just have to get past the infestation of rednecks which seemed pretty prevalent in HHI as well.

-Rooting hard? No way. Maybe at a place where I'd be ok with him winning one although I'd prefer the PGA because it's the worst of the Majors and I prefer Americans winning the British.

Good piece on Rondo mentoring Chicago youths. Just shows that people are complex. Just because you're a weird dickhead doesn't mean you don't have a big heart. This is also what I tell people who ask me why I hang out with BBdK.
-Rondo has always been like that. Same with Cousins. Huge hearts with the community but headaches in the franchise. It's genuine.

HHI is a really good family spot. Not sure I would've cared for it 10 years ago, but it's great for kids.

Great drinking spot, too.

Regards,

1923646_9043856494_8130_n.jpg

(*** Apologies for the 73ness of this post)

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
There are tons of super hot drunk lassies at HHI, and the bars are open basically 24/7.

So the idea that it's just a nice family spot is bunk, imo.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Maybe I'm just a Gamecock fan, but I've grown fond of the Carolina beaches. The compact sand is more functional than the Panhandle's, and you can't beat tide pools. I also enjoy watching the tide go back and forth out of the marsh.

I do miss the Gulf, though. It's beautiful.

-*Lulz* at any Kentucky fan or Lexington media member believing they're qualified to say Kentucky "passes the looks test."

Relative to the general population, they look like damn gladiators. Sure. As far as who they have to play and beat on Saturdays, however, no.

At our best we "look" like a .500 college football team. That's it. That's what we look like. And Mark Stoops looks/sounds like blathering idiot. He passes the blathering idiot test.

It's pretty serious business guys. I had no idea. They keep score, there is updated standings throughout the season on the website/app, end of season tourney, all star tryouts, all star tournaments. It's like it actually matters if you try. Nothing like soccer.
Meh. Until they measure Wins Above Replacement, it's not really THAT serious, now is it?

Saw the rosters for the MLB All-Star Game, and I genuinely have no idea who 60% of the players are. I knew I had checked out on baseball for the most part, but I hadn't realized how much.

I'd like to see Altuve (former Lexington Legend having MVP-caliber year) and Ortiz (in his last ASG also having huge year) have big games tonight.

Other big development-- Jay Bruce is an All Star just for PTI.

Controversial post:

The Open Championship is my favorite major of the year. Links golf and the weather throw different challenges at the players than the tourneys over here. I just think it's more interesting to watch. If I was a player, I would most want to win The Masters, but as a spectator, give me the Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT