ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were driving during a UK Elite 8 run? smh

I know, not proud of it. But we were trying to get my two kids to the stupid beach as quickly as possible the next day, so we had to drive through the afternoon/evening to knock out as much of the drive as possible.

All I know is, that afternoon I was convinced that Marcus Lee was gonna be a first-rounder someday. SMH.

Plus, Dreamland is overrated.

-Drive to the Gulf Coast is indeed terrible but man those Mountains on the way East suck as well. 3.5 hour flight to Charleston FTW. Alabama is indeed awful. Smells like shit. Rednecks everywhere and now with Saban they're weirdly arrogant.

Hoping the crew family vacation is to IOP next summer.

-never heard anyone that liked the layout of Andover. TS.

-October is the best Gulf Coast month by far. Water is typically crystal clear, no crowds.

Reactions: tfields01 and B Rax
I mean, I guess it just depends on what you want to do.

Might be enjoying those empty beaches and clear water in a sweatshirt. But what would I know, just lived there for 3 years.

The pavilion setup for watching football outside AJ's would be awesome though.

Yeah, per google the average temp down there is lows in the mid 60's and highs in the low 80's. Sounds pretty incredible imo. We plan on playing at the beach while we are there and maybe doing some swimming, so I'd prefer it to be at least warm enough for that.

May roll to Williamsburg to see the lass's folks in October- my idea- specifically because of the foliage through the hills and mountains of Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia on the drive.

Reactions: Mashburned
It's pretty depressing to see all of the obesity in rural America these days when stopping for a sensible iced tea and satisfying bag of Chex Mix.

I mean, these people can barely walk. I'm not sure I've ever seen it as bad as it was this last drive down.

:fries::cookie::burger::pizza::popcorn:

It's pretty depressing to see all of the obesity in rural America these days when stopping for a sensible iced tea and satisfying bag of Chex Mix.

I mean, these people can barely walk. I'm not sure I've ever seen it as bad as it was this last drive down.

:fries::cookie::burger::pizza::popcorn:

Shit- just go to Wal-mart, Jungle Jim's, etc.

Even worse- the ridiculous tats on EVERYONE. I'm not talking cool, artistic tats on hipsters; or your basic upper arm tat on dudes; or even some little feminine tat on a girl. I'm talking huge, trashy, ridiculous ink on middleaged men and women.

May roll to Williamsburg to see the lass's folks in October- my idea- specifically because of the foliage through the hills and mountains of Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia on the drive.

I've got this wild idea to do a train ride someday through the mountains during the fall. Get a sleeper room and just booze the entire way to wherever we go.

Anyone ever done a train trip? That's how I got from one stop to the other in Europe, but have never messed with Amtrak. Seems like it would be dope though, make the journey part of the experience.

Anyone ever done a train trip?

I haven't, but my parents recently took a train from southern Illinois to Chicago to Salt Lake, and then rented a car and drove to Jackson Hole. They absolutely loved it.

Taking a train cross country is always something I've wanted to do as well.

Yep...take a ride on a Limited somewhere with a full slate of cars: Dining, Lounge/Bar, Vista-dome, Observation, Sleepers of course..

Researched some costs few years back, sorta pricey (this is GYERO, so ignore that), but I think Amtrak still runs through Louisville as well as Cincy.

We took Amtrak overnight from NYC to Savannah with some friends (for a wedding). We arrived too early to check-in so we bummed around some tourist shops and we were pretty beat. Eventually, we struck up a conversation with a shopkeep about our journey.

To sum it up, I dropped the line, "You could say, we took 'the midnight train to Georgia.'"

I was pretty happy with that one and put my arms up to signal a touchdown, Constanza'd a "That's all for me!" and walked backwards out of the store as I left my wife, friends, and the airbrush haberdasher to guffaw in agony.

That was an all-timer, imo.

I mean seriously, WTF was there ever a drop of red in there?

I never understood why they had it in there in the first place or the non-blue seats we had.

ruppnew2.jpg

What about that sharp looking plastic banner hanging on the side of Rupp facing High Street paying homage to The Baron?

Good Christ. It looks like Beavis called his banner making buddy in London to slap that piece of shit together.

The little things UK just does not get whatsoever.

Mitch already has several Pokemon gyms. Believe it.

I'm all for UK staying at Rupp for the beyond forseeable future as long as the alternative is using public money and fictional tax revenue projections to fund a palace for college athletes when the basketball program seems to be doing just fine without it.

Meh, it pisses me off Louisville has a nicer facility. I mean we just dropped 150 million into the SEC doormat. The greatest tradition in college basketball deserves a top tier cathedral.

We need a better venue to draw better concerts as well. The Lexington music scene is god awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT