ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would a World Cup team with Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, etc.

Pau Gasol isn't suiting up for Spain's World Cup team anytime soon. Nowitzki for Germany. Nene for Brazil.

aaron-rodgers-age-5.png

The best player in the world is 5'7 a buck 40ish. Being great at soccer isn't about being the most dominant athlete.

291 is his career batting average, not OBP, which is .325. Still not very good for a leadoff guy but its a hell of a lot better than to be lumped with Hamilton. Still wondering what kind of contract he'll get, I think he can be a nice piece for someone in the right situation.

oops.

hamilton = 245 / 290
revere = 291 / 325
henderson = 279 / 401

if i were either of the first two, the guy i would idolize is brett butler. walked more than he struck out. 290 / 377 career. an all time great bunter. probably got more out of his talent than anyone in recent memory. it KILLS me to see guy with the physical talent of hamilton/revere that, for whatever reason, just throw it away with the way they play the game. to borrow a practice from willie mays hays, they should be required to drop and give me 25 pushups every time they pop the ball up.

my favorite crowd antic is to read the newspaper during the visiting teams introduction. i mean, THAT is how little we care about your name announcements. you're excited about this? ell oh ell. we'll just be over here reading the lifestyle section of the usa today.

/face

The soccer fans leave out the best part of that whole deal - the crowd repeatedly pointing at the home team and saying, "WINNING TEAM," and then pointing at the other side and saying, "LOSING TEAM." I do enjoy that part.

Can you imagine if Louisville used that as their rallying cry? How hard would we laugh at them?

Yet, here we have the ol' USofA crowd rocking flag capes and Uncle Sam hats just giving it hell.

two things young/speedy/slightly built/athletic/aa should absolutely obsess over:

- walking
- bunting

like, spend 99% of your time improving those two areas, and you'll be the best leadoff hitter in baseball.

billy hamilton sucks ass, btw.

oops.

hamilton = 245 / 290
revere = 291 / 325
henderson = 279 / 401

if i were either of the first two, the guy i would idolize is brett butler. walked more than he struck out. 290 / 377 career. an all time great bunter. probably got more out of his talent than anyone in recent memory. it KILLS me to see guy with the physical talent of hamilton/revere that, for whatever reason, just throw it away with the way they play the game. to borrow a practice from willie mays hays, they should be required to drop and give me 25 pushups every time they pop the ball up.

I'm with you on that. They want him putting the ball in play so that what he does...

There should be no cheerleading in baseball. Pretty embarrassing.Mitch Williams would order a plunking for that.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused with what the hell 73 is talking about.

This is 73, though- the guy who likes European soccer now more than UK football- so who knows what he's teaching these kids.

Let's be honest here…

Chad hates America.

* So the bloody mass that was just surgically removed from my cat's foot for the 2nd time in a few months is cancer. This time they think they got it all, though.

He is old (15) but doesn't act it. The latest surgery has actually increased his vertical enough that he makes it up to our bed on the first jump. Hope he has a few more good years left.

Puppies scent, Pokey.

* Smoked 3 racks of baby backs Saturday. Just had some leftovers for lunch. A+

* Just scored 4 tickets to the All-Star game fan fest this weekend. Turned down Arienna Grande (sp?) tix.

* I pretty much go all in when it comes to National Team events (World Cup, Olympics, etc.).

That goal from midfield was ridiculous. I asked my wife why the goalie would've strayed so far from her line to begin with and she had no answer.

I'm sure Boston Blue has chapped dick after watching the Japs on the receiving end of beat down the likes of which they hadn't endured since Nagasaki. TKE, you might want to send him some balm. I hear hydrocortisone works well.

* I'm loving this KY/OH based recruiting class Stoops and Co. are lining up. What is this year's cute little catch phrase, anyway?

Is the Fan Fest basically pay $35 to stand in line for autographs or nah?

Really want to take the kids to something ASG related but may try to get away with them running around Smale Park and looking at giant mustaches or something.

Welcome to our Cemetery, this is where you're going to get buried...

Home Run Hitter up to bat, if I were you, I'd scoot your booty back...

Ball Three what you gonna do...

I'm fired up, you fired up? Yeah! (repeat)

Hey pitcher look at me, I'm a monkey in a tree...

My name is Sam and you Know what I got? What do you got? I got a team that's hotter than hot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT