ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be fitting if that sucker just collapsed and then they cancelled UK football forever. Bittersweet for sure.

surely FSU will have no healthy QB on the roster when UL comes to town, likely giving UL their 11th *sure* win of the season

I mean, this guy is almost definitely going to UL next year, right?

1328987677443593103.gif

Well at least the man behind the victim appeared slightly inconvenienced by the whole episode. Asking anything more than that of today's American male probably unrealistic in 2015.

Christ.

He was right in the middle of watching the Man U game. Didn't want to miss a goal.

Reactions: UK_Norm and B Rax
“Coach Williams, he reiterated to us and reassured us that men’s basketball, there’s no allegations against men’s basketball,” four-star power forward and Chapel Hill resident Sacha Killeya-Jones told the News and Observer on Thursday. “And there can’t be a punishment without allegations.”

I mean, I guess he at least could argue he didn't see what was happening... but his non-glasses wearing buddy right next to him watched the whole thing and did nathan IMO.

Gotta love how Kansas is representing the US in the World University Games...and you're hearing nothing about it. No TV. Can you imagine if it was UK? Cal would have every game on ESPN U with a pregame special.

Can't see it in that clip, but the full video shows a male bartender wearing overalls. And no shirt.

Because Florida.

“Coach Williams, he reiterated to us and reassured us that men’s basketball, there’s no allegations against men’s basketball,” four-star power forward and Chapel Hill resident Sacha Killeya-Jones told the News and Observer on Thursday. “And there can’t be a punishment without allegations.”

Roy can say whatever he wants, UNC Men's Basketball was absolutely mentioned in section five under the lack of institutional control allegations. 100%.

From the notice of allegations:

"5. That the school exhibited a lack of institutional control for failing to properly monitor the activities of Boxill and the African and Afro-American Studies department. On the latter, the NCAA alleges that anomalous courses in the African-American studies department went unchecked for 18 years, allowing student-athletes — particularly on the football and men's and women’s basketball teams — to take these classes at a disproportionate rate to the rest of the school’s student body."

Reactions: Beavis606
Oh, I'm aware. Just another example of ol' Roy bullshitting players and recruits. I love when he gets caught.

Let's be honest, if you saw that girl knock that guy out, we'd probably just be laughing.

-Lack of integrity and a pompous attitude is what got them in this mess. Thumbing it at the NCAA isn't really the best way to handle yo bidness.

-Damn, that's much worse than it sounded before the video came out. Congrats to UL on their new QB. Our boy Jimbo is trying to out SEC mofos.

-86 and gorgeous today... but by all means I'm craving fall. Nothing gets me excited for life more than the sun going down at 5p, January looming and 55 degrees with pooing rain. Yippee, IMO.

-Dude, you live in a cookie cutter McMansion in the worst place in the city (Hamburg) and over look Walmart/Raising Canes. Back up off my Montclair ranch with character. F*cking roundabout nonsense is really pissing me off though.

-....and there is no job.

lets be honest, if commonwealth stadium can get to about 65% complete, that ought to do the trick. so long as it's the top 35% of unused space that's not quite finished, we'll be ok.

-86 and gorgeous today... but by all means I'm craving fall. Nothing gets me excited for life more than the sun going down at 5p, January looming and 55 degrees with pooing rain. Yippee, IMO.

I really miss football and basketball. By mid-summer, I'm craving it. I know it's weird, but I like having my life anchored by sports every week.

Also have to admit, this new "Post to be" song is really driving me crazy. I don't mind slang or urbanized phrases but purposefully replacing a word with a different word b/c your mispronouncing it really bothers me. That's taking it too far. Needed to clarify the line in the sand.

I really miss football and basketball. By mid-summer, I'm craving it. I know it's weird, but I like having my life anchored by sports every week.

plus, you LOVE darkly-hued sweaters. heather gray, burgundy, burnt sienna, dark green, etc.

works flawlessly in the cold ohio months.

Reactions: wcc31
Then say, "I miss sports." Hell, I miss sports as well. Especially with dumpster fire the Reds are. After the tour all I have is golf and Nascar, which are my Sunday background noise. Doesn't mean I want to deal with the weather. I'd prefer good weather and sports at the same time.

It's not weird at all. The year is broken up into 2 separate and distinct portions: The 7 months that make up CFB/CBB season, and the other 5 months.

I have often felt deep and intense pity for people who aren't sport fans. To them, there's no difference between a Saturday afternoon in July and a Saturday afternoon in October. Oh, how meaningless their lives must be.

If I saw a girl get punched int he face by a dude? I don't think I'd be laughing.

That's assuming she KO'd him with her first shot.

Um, you live in a little cookie cutter bungalow. Do you even know what a ranch is? My basement's probably bigger than your entire house. TS

There are no commercial properties or businesses anywhere near my line of sight. I have much more lush green surroundings than you. My backyard is pretty dope actually. Nice quiet streets, nobody curbing my front yard or chasing renegade cows.

Congrats though on your 8 good days of the year.

Reactions: Mashburned
There is no worse song in the entire history of music than Uma Thurman by Fallout Boy. That's a fact, IMO.

Arranged a bachelor party this coming weekend in NOLA for by BFF. Driving all the way down Thursday night after work with a few guys. The rest are flying. It's whatever. The drive down won't be as bad as it will be Sunday afternoon (OBVIOUS). Will try to hit up Dreamland at some point going through Alabama.

@PTI (pti) , any under-the-radar spots you recommend for us other than the typical French Quarter scene? Staying at Marriott on Canal.

Figured with you being a local and all we could really nail a few dives and such.

Last edited:
During a recent performance of Broadway's Hand to God, an audience member quietly made his way up on the stage of the hit comedy to plug his cell phone in to what he believed to be a working outlet. Of course the outlet was fake - it's a theatrical set.

It remains unclear whether the brazen theater-goer was truly unaware of the consequences of his actions or perhaps was acting on a dare. According to the site, upon receiving his phone back, he asked the usher, "Well, where can I charge it?"

o_O

Reactions: roguemocha
luckily, you're kinda right between the french quarter and the warehouse district. lots of cool stuff if you head a couple blocks west versus east. i mean, you HAVE to do bourbon, obviously. but within about a short walk you've got...

food = bon ton / peche / emerils / cochon
drink = barcadia / lucys retired surfer bar / the district / courtyard brewery

if youre sober for long enough, the ww2 museum is close by (but you probably wont be).

you could also head east of the quarter (other side of esplanade), and listen to lots of great music on frenchman street. highly recommend, but a little far for a walk (unless its a long stroll with multiple pit stops fore beverages).

or, you can just get a hurricane in you and wing it. which is probably the best move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT