ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to go on record that a Vegas club sound absolutely miserable. But I suppose I will give it my best and hope to make it til about 11p.m. Hip hop room > terrible electronic dance music

You want to do VIP in Lexington, start your own bar with some friends...imho.;) A rooftop patio is a nice touch.

Vegas clubs-meh. Used to love it, but I'm over it. Unless somebody else is picking up the tab, could really care less about dropping a couple G's to "rage" with a bunch of drugged out zombies. I mean, sure the scenery is nice, but for that kinda money you could have a real VIP night in your room.

Speaking of wastes of money, very strong chance boat is in the water this weekend. Today was a good day.

?

-Stoked for the TDF, although, if he stays upright Froome wins. Will be pulling mostly for Peter to win some stages.

-Don't think I've spent over $200 in a Vegas night club. Pools though, dropped quite a bit during a full day there.

Fox :)

Reactions: GrandePdre
The difference is that VIP in Vegas actually makes you feel like a Very Important Person.

In gd Lexington, you're just a dude on the other side of a pre-fab/waist high partition. If that.

If you can't figure that out....and yeah, I'm talking to you, 10, you can go get all kinds of dry pumped.

I mean, for 2 married couples, day club>>>>night club in Vegas.

Those pitchers of frozen red bull and vodka, while ridiculous at $65, are all kinds of awesome.

Little guy's trip to the Smokies for some hiking this past weekend. Nice to get away from 'the grid' and knock out a few trails. Went with my old college roommates. Tip: If you have the chance to become a financial adviser for a national bank in one of the largest cities in the country, do it. It's obscene how much money my buddy makes and he works less than a doctor with a boat.

The other roommate is a college professor so he gets plenty of vacation too, just doesn't print money. He is going to start doing analytics for KSR this fall. According to him, his program allows you to pinpoint which plays in the game had the most effect on win probability. So you can actually plot the effectiveness of certain players/plays in a given game or across the season. He will also have those graphs like KenPom to chart the win probability throughout the game.

The idea of Wenyen Gabriel as a college 3-man is stupid and I hate Cal for even giving it a thought.

When we're running teams off the court playing with three guards (Monk, Fox & Briscoe), Bam and another big, you'll be thanking Bolden for picking Duke.

Reactions: Hankshaker
When we're running teams off the court playing with three guards (Monk, Fox & Briscoe), Bam and another big, you'll be thanking Bolden for picking Duke.

Did you read my posts leading up to his decision? I didn't want Bolden for that very reason.

I get the optimism for this squad but a lot of stuff being said sounds a lot like what was being said about the 2014 team and before the magical run in the tourney it was a miserable ass season. I think I'll take the wait and see approach.

Reactions: bbonds
I get the optimism for this squad but a lot of stuff being said sounds a lot like what was being said about the 2014 team and before the magical run in the tourney run it was a miserable ass season. I think I'll take the wait and see approach.
Pretty much the way I approach every season now.

Once I pull the blinds back up, it's time to let the cake bake.

Reactions: MotorCityKat
Nah, I've got a feeling about this year's group. I think all of the incoming freshmen will be perfect and cause absolutely ZERO GYERO redass at any point during the season. 40-0.

2014 was the way it was because the Harrison twins, while good college players, weren't actually the top five to ten recruits they had been billed as. Wall and Bledsoe were as advertised. Bledsoe was even better than advertised and that season was pretty fun.

I get the optimism for this squad but a lot of stuff being said sounds a lot like what was being said about the 2014 team and before the magical run in the tourney it was a miserable ass season. I think I'll take the wait and see approach.

That team had 7 freshmen in an 8 man rotation by season's end. At least this year's squad has Willis, Briscoe, Humphries and Hawkins.

Why I'm more optimistic...

Bam.

We have been knocked out of the tournament by glass eating physical bigs who simply wanted it more than ours did. I'm confident nobody will punk Bam.

And Izak. Shit. I'm still convinced we beat IU if you let Izach handle their big goon like we did against Duke. That was so stupid of Cal and he needs to do better.

We're not soft inside. I like that.

Yeah Fox and Monk are a tad bit more athletic than the Harrisons. I love me some Harrisons but yeah...not even the same planet.

- I think Fox will drive us nuts at times, but he's a smart kid and a helluva talent, so he'll get there.

- I'm a fairly liberal dude, but I get pretty annoyed by this cultural appropriation bullshit, especially when it comes to music. Fine, Justin Timberlake stole R&B from you- is whitey allowed to be pissed off about black people taking over basketball? Does Jordan need to give more props to Naismith and the white pioneers of the sport? No, of course not, because that would be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT