ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never was there for any of that, but I predate a few of you youngin's.

I know there was no VIP back in March when we rolled up in there with a van full of coaches ready to karaoke to "The Humpty Dance."

Fully realize my investments are long-term and not something to check out daily but seeing 2K vanish and still dropping from Friday to today is a bit unnerving. Global markets down 2.1 trillion. Britain can get f'd.

Fully realize my investments are long-term and not something to check out daily but seeing 2K vanish and still dropping from Friday to today is a bit unnerving. Global markets down 2.1 trillion. Britain can get f'd.

You'll be fine. It's basically just Britain deciding they don't want VIP bottle service. Shit like this happens once or twice a year, usually over several weeks (see Jan 1-Feb 15). Unless you are heavily invested in British banks, it'll be ok. Even those might be fine long-term. 2+ years before anything structurally changes. Pretty big market shock, because people underestimated the xenophobia and reactionism of the British population. Thanks to Downton Abbey, we thought the Brits were a reasonable bunch. Turns out they are just like American voters.

I bet when all is said and done (2+ years from now), very little changes functionally. Hopefully it doesn't send Europe into a recession.

You'll be fine. It's basically just Britain deciding they don't want VIP bottle service. Shit like this happens once or twice a year, usually over several weeks (see Jan 1-Feb 15). Unless you are heavily invested in British banks, it'll be ok. Even those might be fine long-term. 2+ years before anything structurally changes. Pretty big market shock, because people underestimated the xenophobia and reactionism of the British population. Thanks to Downton Abbey, we thought the Brits were a reasonable bunch. Turns out they are just like American voters.

I bet when all is said and done (2+ years from now), very little changes functionally. Hopefully it doesn't send Europe into a recession.

It's not all that fun to be rational and level-headed about market crashes. I only have some Vanguard funds so actually looking to dump more cash into them but trying to see if this keeps dropping. I'm not a moneyball.

Pretty tough to call the bottom. Will definitely be some follow on impacts to various companies. Market usually prices that in ahead of time though. If you are just index investing, then good luck timing the market. I have no more insight on that than Chief. I know you would be getting a big discount to last week's prices though.

Timing of this does piss me off. We have 4 year deferred comp, placed in our own funds - and the cutoff for pricing it is June 30th. So no chance to make it back in this piece.

A young girl meeting a penguin for the first time

I assume this was how smitten sloot was over anth at their first extravaganza.
B3hocPPIIAApBCP.jpg

I don't know anything about the market but even though it's dropped wasn't it still considerably lower in January and February?

Hope everyone on here is well...I read this thread every evening during my vacation and it kept me entertained. Couple of things through the grapevine:

--- UL board stuff is out of control. Bevin made everyone in the Louisville "elite" community mad by getting rid of the board and now they are all ready that he is just going to appoint his Southeast Christian folks (worth noting that Ramsey is a SE Christian person and all three of the "temporary" board members are as well). There is also some worry in athletics that he may come after Jurich because of some slight a year or so ago. IT is amazing how much everyone is panicking on all sides as people don't know what will happen next. Most importantly to me, Ramsey is still in charge of the Foundation and there is no plan as of yet for him to leave...that is where the corruption took place and the Board was the one group pointing that out. If they don't get him out of the Foundation, where most of his salary is based, then old bologna head clearly won this round.

--- They have had the first few pickup games and workouts and I am hearing good things. I will expand on this more later but people are in love with Fox and most believe he is the best at the PG position since Wall. People are pleasantly surprised with SKJ and there apparently has been a big jump in production in I-Zack as well. Monk gets buckets by the ton and people think Briscoe is focused. I am told Gabriel is a bit behind where people thought he would be and that has been the only slight concern. In general though, all cylinders are firing.

--- Never seen Cal this focused on a recruiting class ever. He knows how big this one will be and I think he is slightly concerned bc there are only 1-2 guys they feel are almost certain to commit. He will of course kill it but I think that explains why he has made so many trips and has been so pro-active on the recruiting trail. They want some early success this summer, knowing that the class is big and that there was slight disappointment with the results for players last year (teams are hitting him hard on Skal).

I am a panelist on First Take on Friday....no clue how I ended up on the ESPN radar for that but I am beyond excited (and nervous). Spent most of last Tuesday in Bristol and it was a really cool experience. Watching it all function behind the scenes was really awesome for a person like me who grew up obsessed with watching that channel. If I throw up on the table on Friday, know I did it with all the right motives.

Given Brexit, have chief or krazykats done anything outrageously stupid with a very small amount of money in order to take advantage of market irregularities yet?
Nope. I'm ok with it crashing though. Gives Apple a chance to gobble up more shares at a cheaper price.

Sounds like Ramsey is a real life evil genius. At some point maybe I need to quit loathing him and give him some respekt knucks for basically presiding over a lawless enterprise.

Also Matt- the barstool guys did fine. Really think B-Slice needs to promote some type of similar platform to appeal to a "not so serious" demographic.

Fox make be the most athletic since Wall and not hating on the kid at all but I would take Ulis for 4 years vs two years of a Wall and Fox. Wall was GD infuriating at times with ill-advised passes/turnovers but his oh shit plays, like the break away dunk on the baby blue fags is what he's better remembered for.

But you don't get Ulis for 4 years...you got him for 2. And the point about Fox was not that he is the best PG in the team sense as I think it would be impossible to be much better than Ulis was last year...the issue was as a pure talent, he is the best since Wall

Also Matt- the barstool guys did fine. Really think B-Slice needs to promote some type of similar platform to appeal to a "not so serious" demographic.
We actually recorded our first 'practice' podcast on Friday and recorded our interview yesterday. This is the approach we're taking. I had a few Admiral Nelson mixed drinks, and we talked a little bit about the draft, but mainly just hypothetically talked about what each of our guys would buy with their new fortune. Didn't really give all that many serious sports takes, because that's kinda boring.

It was probably a little rough around the edges since it was the first one, but we both think it was pretty good.

Reactions: B Rax
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT