ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for people giving shit to weird young white guys/girls that you assume are black for the first 3 months listening to them on the radio. Like that iggy azelea girl or that new guy that talks about "smoking herb and drinking burning liquor" when he was 11 years old. After seeing what he actually looks like (not a 40 year old black guy like I thought) I hate that song even more now.

Reactions: funKYcat75
The disappointing draft results of UK players this year could add another hidden upside to Briscoe returning and Bolden going to Duke.

Briscoe was thought to be an almost certain one and done coming in. There is no way Cal is going to risk having an elite guard recruit that came to college with an NBA point guard body and, arguably, the makings of an NBA combo guard's game stay for his junior year.

Cal is basically going to *HAVE* to go three guard as his default line-up to keep Fox, Monk, and Briscoe's stock up.

Wenyen Gabriel can look bad until February and then put it together for a couple months and still go top 15 because he's 6'10, can fly around the court, and NBA execs will talk themselves into him being an NBA 3 man. Not so with Briscoe. He and, to a lesser extent, the other two guards are going to have to be showcased.

It should, in theory, be the opposite of when Cal kept playing the Twins together at the one and two when it was obvious to everyone that the best lineup was pairing Ulis or Booker with one of the Twins or going three guards.

At least that's what I am telling myself.

Last edited:
-I don't do the facebook daily HBD and if it's someone I feel compelled to tell HBD I call or text them. I think it's a little weird that people I haven't spoken to in 20 years post on my wall. PTI is the king of FB Bday wishes.

-RIo is fine, other than most of the big name professional athletes deciding not to attend b/c it's a disease ridden mess. As long as corrupt countries keep lining the pockets of the IOC I guess it'll keep happening. Stick with the big boys, London went off without almost any issues.

- Lows in the 50's over the next few nights. Absolutely gorgeous outside right now and should be for the next few days. Weekend and 4th look pretty solid.

-Chad nailed my hesitation with this team in Gabriel. I don't mind some spot 3 but I can see him forcing round peg -> square hole to do what's "best for the kid and position-less basketball." Fox may have some irritating issues and Monk will likely have some Archie/Bledsoe moments but I'm thinking Gabriel might catch the heat for early season growing pains. If we're getting zoned to death WG in the 4 is perfect with Willis at wing.

I'm most excited for what this team can do on defense. Even our best defensive squad had an average backcourt defense at best with the Harrisons and Booker. Fox, in particular, gets after it. There'll be many 1's who are going to struggle turning the corner on him, only to run into Gabriel and Bam. Gonna be scary.

Is there any scuttlebutt on whether or not Derek Clyde Willispie is going to be punished? I'm really out of the loop on things these days being SO BUSY SO BUSY guy.

Is there any scuttlebutt on whether or not Derek Clyde Willispie is going to be punished? I'm really out of the loop on things these days being SO BUSY SO BUSY guy.

Yeah, he'll be punished- probably a couple game suspension, but Cal doesn't make that stuff public, because he's all about the children.

The Facebook birthday wishes is silly as anth said because it's people who haven't spoke in a decade. I've seen screenshots of dead people with tons of birthday wishes from people who had no idea said person had even died.

I listened to one Pardon My Take podcast and I've been singing "Electric Avenue" for the better part of a week.

Still don't understand how normal people (not Joey) listen to so many podcasts, on a regular/daily basis.

To and from work in the car. At lunch. Occasionally while running errands or out for a jog.

I listen to gobs of podcasts every week. Just today I've listened to Slice/Shootbags, Matt Jones with Joe Sonka and a GoT podcast. Driving back and forth across the state is pretty boring and it helps me feel like I am part of the conversation, because I have no "real" friends.

I work by myself 90% of the time so it's pretty easy to have a regular podcast rotation.

- Listen to KSR podcasts while working out or doing yard work. Same with Mags' podcast. That's the extent of my podcast catalogue.

- This team should be terrors defensively with playing the passing lanes. Defense -----> offense. Cal doesn't really like turning teams over though & taking defensive chances.

Really don't have much of a feel for Gabriel or Killeya-Jones. Don't think either will give us much back to the basket scoring. That concerns me a little bc other than Bam we won't have anyone we can dump it to and say get us one. Realize the POSTIONLESS/SMALL BALL trend but in a white knuckler I like having bigs on a the block that you know can get buckets and or draw a foul.

Think Monk will be a much better shooter than most think. Dude seems like a natural scorer and will get buckets.

I prefer to listen to sports stuff live. The replays and podcasts always make me feel like I'm behind on something. Sports is almost impossible to do on a delay. Even if its about a topic that isn't necessarily live.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Really don't have much of a feel for Gabriel or Killeya-Jones. Don't think either will give us much back to the basket scoring. That concerns me a little bc other than Bam we won't have anyone we can dump it to and say get us one. Realize the POSTIONLESS/SMALL BALL trend but in a white knuckler I like having bigs on a the block that you know can get buckets and or draw a foul.
Valid concern/me too.

Bam isn't exactly known for his offense either. He's going to be a put back machine but he's not a polished scorer on the blocks. Hopefully he ads a little post move to his game and is physical enough that he can win battles by just being bigger/stronger.

Anyone with any sort of commute. Pretty simple. A podcast is really just free on demand talk radio. Not sure what is so mind-bottling about this to you.

Especially considering BBdK has always loved sports talk radio. I've always missed it ever since I started working from an office full-time. Podcasts are awesome.

You can listen to Jones, Jim Rome, Dan Patrick, etc- anyone who has a sports radio show, what an hour or two after it airs live? Plus, damn near every notable sports media person has a podcast now, too.

I'm sure by 2018 BBdK will have discovered podcasts and be telling everyone about them.

I don't think a back-to-the-basket scorer is necessary as long as you have guys who can get-to and score at the rim. All 3 of our guards and Bam can do that. Last year, we only had Briscoe.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
I don't think a back-to-the-basket scorer is necessary as long as you have guys who can get-to and score at the rim. All 3 of our guards and Bam can do that. Last year, we only had Briscoe.

Judging only from youtube highlights, it doesn't look like Bam is exactly a back to the basket scorer, either. More of a high energy brute with a better handle than you would expect.

Jim Rome comes on from 12-3. So no, I'm not going to spend 3 hours AFTER WORK listening to a Jim Rome podcast, as much as I love him. You don't either Chad, so not sure what point you're trying to make.

The first Serial was great -- I like podcasts, they have their place -- I listen to them occasionally when I have 2 hours uninterrupted in my car, or if there is an interview that's well-reviewed or something I missed that I wanted to hear -- I just don't get how people that don't have that situation daily listen to 50 per week.

Actually, I do get it ---------> they're weirdo dorks who have headphones in their ears 12 hours per day listening to other dorks talk about dorky shit.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT