ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wodie..Met some older couples who did that. One fella from Akron, Oh was in his early 50's in sales and just had to be near a decent sized airport for connecting flights. Had a few with him at a bar and he got me thinking.

3 of my college buddies live on Daniel Island in Chucktown. They all do really well.. One owns his own flooring biz, the other crushes medical sales and the other is an in house attorney for a big company down there. They all own boats and people drive golf carts all over the island. Almost every weekend they are out in the intracoastal waterway and Atlantic fishing, weight boarding, tubing, or just tying up on an island off the coast. In the fall and winter there's shrimping and oyster catching. Outdoor lifestyle that you don't get here.

The weather isn't an issue, IMO. Winters are very mild and I still believe the heat & humidity doesn't feel as bad as it does up here in this land locked valley bc of the breeze down there.

Suppose the only things I would miss would be family, fiends, the change of seasons and attending Cats' games. Could still come up for some games and visit in the Fall and Spring.

Whatever.. We'll stay here for life.

Its hard to say goodbye to home...if you have a strong network of family and friends in said home.

I really don't have that much animosity towards the Cardinals, but this does compound my belief that any organization that makes a big effing deal about the way they operate being so spectacular and above reproach (and this usually seems to involve a catch phrase that includes their team name and the word WAY!) and outsiders totally buy into it ---> breeding ground for impropriety.

I believe Rob is the only true outdoorsman here with his Yeti. Going 3-4 days without ice is for pussies.

Speaking of Yetis, the shipment will be at the dealership on Friday. Give the GYERO password and Ill give you a discount.

Its hard to say goodbye to home...if you have a strong network of family and friends in said home.
True... I have a huge, close-knit family on both parents sides. Of 40 total cousins, only 4 live more than 10 miles away from the street they grew up on. My sister and I are 2 of those, though and neither one of us have any desire to move back to Louisville. I always enjoy visiting. There isnt anything specific I dislike about the city, and it has more to offer and more going on than a lot of other places i've lived... but I still dont want to live there and I cant even put my finger on why.

My sister has a good setup- she's lived in London, Denver, and now has a house 2 blocks from the Atlantic in New Hampshire. I've bounced from city to city for work for over a decade- and the next stop will be semi-permanent or at least until kids are old enough to be self sufficient.

I miss being able to make it to random family functions but I havent missed anything I would consider *that* important. And flights into Louisville are pretty cheap anyway so we can be there if necessary.

Kind of thinking more now about buying a lakehouse on Cumberland, maybe somerset, then just grabbing a ski boat. that should trim travel time down.

Anth you interested?

Kind of thinking more now about buying a lakehouse on Cumberland, maybe somerset, then just grabbing a ski boat. that should trim travel time down.

Anth you interested?

My Uncle did that a couple years ago and ended up never using the house. I know several Lexingtonians who are doing that Lake Herrington. Buy a $150K house on the water with a boat slip. Quick ride from Lex to the lake, enjoy the weekend, wash, rinse, and repeat.

Have friend with house on Herrington, just not a fan. Too small. Needs to be Cumberland.

Come to think of it, Fanth will have a screaming baby around. Offer rescinded.

Went to Herrington Lake in college with Gilbo & Chase a few times...yeah, that would not satisfy Boat.

Hilarious though how everything comes back as a comparison to Crab Island. I mean, you're close to 40 right...? How long can that Insane Spring Break scene really be desirable as your 'go to' Lake/Water scenario, single Dr. or not?

Didn't I make it clear that I'm not interested in anything lake related?

My perception was that Herrington = Taylorsville. Never been to Herrington but Taylorsville is just a big pond.

I *get* that you're one time there was a bit *extreme* but you don't always have to turnt up. Honestly several of my favorite days at Crab were just really chill where we anchored sort of on the periphery. The point being that if you want to party scene, its there.

The NAACP chick was the local leader in Spokane. Not exactly the hotbed of race relations in the US. Even the Gonzaga basketball team is over half white.
There actually aren't even enough black people to constitute a chapter. The rest of us just take turns pretending to be the President of the NAACP. Sucks that ol Rachel drew the short stick this year.

Moving West >>>> Moving Southeast (prepares to move Southeast). That statement is based on your willingness to live in a rural area and/or having a lot of money. You basically have Denver, Salt Lake, Boise, Spokane, Seattle, and Portland if you want to live in a city with a population > 250k. 3 of the 5 are prohibitively expensive to live in, 2 are cheap for a reason, and Salt Lake is smoggier than Beijing. So you have 6 cities spread out over 1,500 miles and not much in between. Weather and lifestyle are worth it IMO, though. Will definitely be returning sooner rather than later.

Always thought the Rolex Clocks at Majors were so badass.

images

Per a quick google, a company called 'Verdin' makes them, and you can custom order.

Be a pretty wodie gift for Anth to himself one day, imo: Would look dope if you had a wodie backyard area, like Mel's. http://www.verdin.com/clocks/index.php

Be pretty nice next to an above ground pool imho.

Lol @ pti giving key west randoms. Uhhh between you and your girl posting everything and everywhere in key West on facebook, we all felt like we were on the trip with ya bud. No need for updates.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Maybe just put the Rolex clock pole on wheels so you can roll it around and place it wherever you wish. Quickrete it in a nice big faux-concrete planter so you're not making a huge commitment, but it still screams "classy".

My wife's aunt and uncle have a lake house in Jamestown and go down nearly every weekend in the Summer. But your not going to find a house with lake access easily on cumberland, they still drive 20 minutes to get to the marina for their boat. I grew up there and even I wouldn't want to do that.

Of course they own a boat dealership so that's where all of their business is.

Anybody else know someone that has a lakehouse, boat or that has been to a lake in ky ? Please share.:rolleyes:

Key West sounds like Panama City on an island.
Not at all. I thought it was like that and couldn't have been more off. I love it down there.

It has Duvall, which is kind of like Broadway(Nash) or Bourbon St, and that is pretty trashy in a fun way. The rest of the Island is really nice. Great restaurants, very laid back, cool culture.

Not really easy to get to so that keeps a lot of the trash out.

Which dealership? I'll be looking for a new vessel. Seen a few lakehouse listings that have small docks for keeping your boat over the weekend, that be fine. Then store it at a marina or on lift.

Did Pti mention that they were there for Pride week? Interesting choice. Maybe why he's not married.

I absolutely loved living in Nashville and it was a great place for young people and has only gotten better. After moving back to Lex, I kinda thought I wanted to go back to Nashville eventually. But in reality, even before I met Anth, I was traveling home all the time, almost every weekend for games, to see friends, family, etc. So as much as it sounds cool to live elsewhere, I like living at "home". Though I think everyone should move away for a bit and see which you prefer. I did convince myself every time I went to HHI that I would stay there and bar tend. As far as I know, Nate and Terry (old Sigma Pi's who went down for "one" summer to bartend) are still there killing it at the tiki hut 17 years later. Maybe B$ and 80 can confirm since they were just there.

Nothing complex about that dude as described in the article at all. An asshole hypocrite.

"And my charities!" [eyeroll]

Reactions: _Chase_
i think bubba is long overdue for a payne stewart-style "awakening." he's got so much cool potential, and could be such a great guy...

...but obviously he isn't. water on the club face, bro. [eyeroll]

Believe most pro golfers are self centered assholes. It's a not a team sport and most come from privileged backgrounds. They are wired to think of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT