ADVERTISEMENT

This forum is getting boring

Oct 30, 2009
This site is usually my first click with my morning coffee and nothing going on here, two new posts that are meehhhhh, and old posts I seen yesterday and the day before that are meehhhhh. Can't somebody get angry or excited about something.

Reactions: Scrub_100
I joined the KSBoard and now seldom come here. Mainly because the bickering and constant political posts and poor moderation. In fairness, most of the mods here are unpaid and not really employees, which is where the difference lies.

It’s the offseason. We don’t do much in the summer but rehash old topics from last season, speculate/argue about next season and eagerly await practice reports to see who the next Matt Pilgrim will be.

I would say this offseason has been the most exciting in years with the coaching change and TBT.

Add Bored To Death GIF by Travis

I think it's a lot of us going through the coaching change over. I really want to dial in and see everything I can about these guys.. but I think for me, I need to see it on the floor first. Maybe it's the embarrassment of NBA-level recruits we got accustomed to. But I think im just sort of hesitant to dive into 3-star guys, that we really dont know how well they will do.

I think I need to see Pope be like a Hurley/Pitino who can make 3-stars look like some of the better (or best) college players out there, get them clicking and such. And I have a lot of faith he can. But this year for me, I'm kind of going in blind.

I think it's a lot of us going through the coaching change over. I really want to dial in and see everything I can about these guys.. but I think for me, I need to see it on the floor first. Maybe it's the embarrassment of NBA-level recruits we got accustomed to. But I think im just sort of hesitant to dive into 3-star guys, that we really dont know how well they will do.

I think I need to see Pope be like a Hurley/Pitino who can make 3-stars look like some of the better (or best) college players out there, get them clicking and such. And I have a lot of faith he can. But this year for me, I'm kind of going in blind.
Unfortunately quite a few of our 5 stars haven’t been as good as predicted. Seems like a lot of the Klutch guys didn’t live up to their hype.

If it is so boring, quit posting and reading. For damn sure do not start a new thread talking about how boring it is. The thread you started is boring in relation to it being boring on here. Maybe my post will spice it up a bit for ya.

• Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
with the arrival of pope, and aside from it being the offseason................it's kinda become an echo chamber in here. This place has thrived on conflict and divisiveness for a while now. I say invite in U6 fans.

I joined the KSBoard and now seldom come here. Mainly because the bickering and constant political posts and poor moderation. In fairness, most of the mods here are unpaid and not really employees, which is where the difference lies.
I think they do a great job of moderation. They also let the trolls dig holes for themselves, this makes it easier for the mods to deal with.

I joined KSR+ as well. I don't participate in either as much as I used to. I agree with OP to an extent.

That said it is summer. Also, important to remember how polarizing Cal was. He is gone. No one is arguing anymore really and honestly that was a lot of the entertainment.

It is kind of funny to me...I posted on an iteration of this board going back to late '90's. I quit about a year after Tubby was hired as I was at UK and didn't have time for message boards. Started back on this board around 2018 when @Ron Mehico reminded me of it....didn't even know it was still a thing. I have found myself falling further and further away from it of late. We will see what it is like in a few months. May be on my way out again.

Probably for the best if so....just come in and check on this every 15-20 years...lol

I joined KSR+ as well. I don't participate in either as much as I used to. I agree with OP to an extent.

That said it is summer. Also, important to remember how polarizing Cal was. He is gone. No one is arguing anymore really and honestly that was a lot of the entertainment.

It is kind of funny to me...I posted on an iteration of this board going back to late '90's. I quit about a year after Tubby was hired as I was at UK and didn't have time for message boards. Started back on this board around 2018 when @Ron Mehico reminded me of it....didn't even know it was still a thing. I have found myself falling further and further away from it of late. We will see what it is like in a few months. May be on my way out again.

Probably for the best if so....just come in and check on this every 15-20 years...lol
Well then get your sorry ass outta here, your post is boring as hell.

I kid, I kid, your a good poster my fellow BBN brother. Besides, I was just trying to spice things up for the OP.

Can someone record a whole practice, then post it on here? Could be a hero on this board

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT