ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this impact your pizza stats? Is it similar to baseball, where a walk is considered a plate appearance but not an actual at bat?

Reactions: drxman1
No pizza can be eaten faster than Imo's. 16" by yourself? No problem. 15 minutes tops. The provel cheese is gooey fantastic. Worship.

Been to St. Louis close to 20 times...but never without my family or of legal drinking age.

Pretty pumped about the SECT stop, something different.

Would make sense for the Golf Weekend as well with the Casinas. Easy drive.

Ordered some Jet's turbo crust deep dish when we got back last night.

Gracious... Love that stuff but I had a hard time getting myself off the couch in the basement afterwards. Ton of bricks.

*spent the weekend at Conley Bottom/Lake Cumberland. There's plenty of riff raff, especially at the campground, but that's not an awful way to spend the weekend. Stay in your lane, avoid the folks who look inbred, and let the kids run around while the adults drink around the campfire. Miller Lites on the lake, a little tubing. Tunes playin'. Sleeping on an air mattress sucks though.

Our friends do that 80% of summer weekends. There's so much work involved. They have four girls. Drive down Thursday to get a spot for their camper. Drive back home. Come down Friday afternoon. Stay for a day and a half. Come home late Sunday.

*got our townhouse rented for a two year term while on the water. Technology is amazing. My lawyer has this e-signing program. I put in an email address. Tenant(s) sign electronically and it's in my inbox within 20 minutes.

*still have yet to play golf. Yay, kids.

*IMO's is the best pizza I've had. Give me that over NY style by a nose, and it's all because of that cheese.

*Curry was awesome. Fun to watch and definitely my adopted NBA team.

*John Prine next weekend. Steve Earle in September. Merle Haggard in August. Emmylou Harris/Rodney Crowell in October. Some good music in/around Lexington coming up.

*this will blow your mind. We are pretty small and insignificant.

Last edited:
*Heading to the lake is great. Haven't done it in a long time but I don't know how those weekend warriors do it. Drive there and back Thursday? Touch that.

How far is it to Cumberland? 2 hours or so? That's not terrible but if I'm doing something every weekend it's not going to include 4+ hours of driving. If we had a close lake I'd even consider a boat.

How far is it to Cumberland? 2 hours or so? That's not terrible but if I'm doing something every weekend it's not going to include 4+ hours of driving. If we had a close lake I'd even consider a boat.

Pretty much where I'm at. Cumberland by far the biggest and best closest lake, just hate that drive to State Dock. Plus you pretty much have to have a boat big enough to sleep on to do Cumberland right, imo. Which is fine, but its a money pit and really anchors you to the area-for like 3-4 months of boating a year. Why I'm more considering something like Laurel or Cave Run, can day trip that in half the time, just need a little ski boat.

Granted I got spoiled rotten in Florida having a lift downstairs from my condo.

Honestly more likely to buy a condo down in Destin, at least it will hopefully appreciate.

Plus I've been to Harmon creek several times, it doesn't hold a candle to Crab Island. TS

Two hours is about right. I got off at Renfro Valley, headed west...took a left before I got to Somerset, and Conley Bottom was about 25-30 minutes further out. Was actually in Monticello, I believe.

"Camping" is pretty nice, when there's an air conditioned camper for the kids, complete with water and electricity hookups.

Doing that every weekend is for the birds. No way.

Anth, are there any rebates floating around for new hvac units? Have also heard tune ups also have a rebate tied to them occasionally.

Some new ac/hp units get KU/LGE rebates if the government approved SEER rating is greater than 14. In most cases this means you purchased a full system because most a/c unit alone will not meet that minimum. KU offers something for cleanings as well but it has to be done by their provider I'm pretty sure. The rebates are really pretty small compared to the price to upgrade to the point you receive them.

You can get to Jamestown Marina in less then 2 hours going to Danville and heading South on 127. I lived about 2 miles from there and made the opposite trip about every other weekend last Summer.

Building a house sucks the life out of a family. Do not recommend.

-anybody in Louisville ever hire a company for an irrigation system? Getting ready to pull the triggerand not sure who to pick. Evergreen, LaDukes, On Tap...

Thx.

We are done, but the process bout killed us. If your marriage survives building you were meant to be. We built just across oldham Co line from Jefferson Co.

Our yard is right at an acre and that is just too big to drag hoses around. My shit is burning up.

<Stanley Cup? No Fuques given.

If you're in Oldham or close to it, I would suggest giving Diaz Irrigation a call. They installed/service ours and we get great service. Super guy and their pricing/service beat others that I've used in the past.

Reactions: TKE_
This US Open course looks like one of the courses you have to *unlock* on a video game and you are actually playing inside the grand canyon or on the moon or something. Leaderboard will be over par in a hurry Thursday afternoon.

Reactions: m080470
Two hours is about right. I got off at Renfro Valley, headed west...took a left before I got to Somerset, and Conley Bottom was about 25-30 minutes further out. Was actually in Monticello, I believe.

"Camping" is pretty nice, when there's an air conditioned camper for the kids, complete with water and electricity hookups.

Doing that every weekend is for the birds. No way.

I was there this weekend as well. We visited the permanent campsites that were across the road from the campground and to the right. They had all the hookups including sewer and also had treated decks that were about 8' x 24' for each camper. That is the only way to get into camping....way too much work hauling all that crap all the time.

This US Open course looks like one of the courses you have to *unlock* on a video game and you are actually playing inside the grand canyon or on the moon or something. .

^ good analogy, thing is crazy looking, difficult seeming, and futuristic feeling

I may be in the minority, but I think it's going to be awesome entertainment. Won't be the 1st time a US Open causes a field meltdown, or is 'unfair' at times --...those whiny bitches need to be humbled now and then. Seeing 18 under win golf tournaments gets old...

The Green situation is bullshit & unfortunate for sure , but the course itself looks like some kind of golf fantasy.

Loved Jack putting all the whiners on blast. [smoke]

Then, during practice rounds when Nicklaus heard players groan, he secretly smiled to himself. "When they said, 'I don't like the course,' I checked him off. Oh, the fairways are too narrow? Check him off. The fairways are too sloppy? Check him off. The greens are too fast? Check him.

"Guys would say a course doesn't suit their game. It's not supposed to suit your game. You are supposed to suit your game to the golf course."

Nicklaus/Irwin: "Quit Whining": http://www.foxsports.com/golf/usga/...aus-hale-irwin-complaints-tough-course-061315

Last edited:
--I still think Mike Davis tries to trick it up too much. Whoever heard of a hole (9) playing downhill one day and uphill the next? Or a hole (18) being a par 4 one day and a par 5 the next? The PGA could get away with that shit, but not the US Open.

--Who knew GYERO had so many rugged outdoorsman? You guys really rough it. Props.

You can get to Jamestown Marina in less then 2 hours going to Danville and heading South on 127. I lived about 2 miles from there and made the opposite trip about every other weekend last Summer.

Did you by chance hit up the Cubs / Reds game Saturday in Chicago ?

Tuesday TWIB Notes:

- One day/night of camping out in the wilderness with a tent sounds cool, but an entire weekend in a campground with a bunch of reds with RVs sounds awful to me. I've held this opinion since I was little and accompanied my friends' family on such a trip. I know some people love it, but it's just not for me.

- Anth's lake take is one I gave on here a decade ago and got blasted. Cumberland is 3 hours from here. Some friends roll down there seemingly every weekend in the summer. F that.

- Damn, Michael Qualls blew out his knee in a workout yesterday. Dude was my 2nd round steal.

- I don't really care about either (both are nuts, IMO), but pretty funny how the media has treated the Bruce Jenner thing compared to this new controversy with the white woman "identifying" as black. If you can just be whoever the hell you want to be, then why can't a white woman be black?

- So, I guess the Reds will trade Cueto soon- the best starting pitcher I've ever seen play for us. Sad that we have little to show for his career.

- "I've been sooo busy this summer." No, you've been "busy" with bullshit, basically scheduled drinking. It's annoying having stuff scheduled every weekend (frankly, I hate it), but let's not act like we have to drive our kids all over the state or are working 80 hours a week. Having to attend your friend's engagement party or a birthday party or a concert isn't really "busy."

- I had forgotten what a great song "Halloween" by DMB is.

- Glad we didn't have to wait for July for this summer to get gross!!!! :cry:

No, you got blasted for making a 'huge decision' out of whether to attend some Epic Houseboat party weekend at Cumberland b/c "I'm not much of a lake guy" -- at that age/time in your life, it was a complete no-brainer.

...I'm 100% on board with You/Anth w/ regards to the lake. I love it & have a blast every time I go, but a few times per summer is more than enough for me...

Having a Friend with a Boat >>> Having your own boat.

-That's awful about Qualls. I hate hearing those types of stories, no matter who they are or played for. Dude made a questionable decision to leave early, but was impressing and likely to get drafted just based on his athleticism/potential. Sad.

No, you got blasted for making a 'huge decision' out of whether to attend some Epic Houseboat party weekend at Cumberland b/c "I'm not much of a lake guy" -- at that age/time in your life, it was a complete no-brainer.

...I'm 100% on board with You/Anth w/ regards to the lake. I love it & have a blast every time I go, but a few times per summer is more than enough for me...

Having a Friend with a Boat >>> Having your own boat.
This is 100% correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT