ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
'SKAL TOO NICE. GDIT, GET IN THERE AND REBOUND YOU GASH'

How many times are we gonna bitch about that next season?

Simply cannot wait.

Briscoe seems like Bledsoe in many ways...

-Golden St. Warriors - World Champions. Ha, that just doesn't sound right.....what a team. They should be contending for a long ass time, too.

How happy is LeBron that he played with one of the deadliest shooters ever? Dude would only have 1 'ship otherwise

Shorts:

- Happy for Warriors fans. Good fanbase that has dealt with a lot of shit through the years.

- LeBron should've been named Finals MVP. No doubt.

- Briscoe's going to be a hoot. At least, we're not going to have any pussies in the backcourt with he, Ulis, Matthews and Hawkins. All are tough SOBs. We'll see about Mulder.

- Keith Hernandez still gets around $3,000 a year in royalties from his two episode stint on "Seinfeld" (greatest athlete cameo of all-time, by the way). Can you imagine what Jason Alexander or Julia Louis-Dreyfus gets?

- I really can't explain my sleeping habits. I have no stress at all on my mind right now (since basketball season is over) but haven't sleeping for shit these last few weeks.

- Lass just asked me if I wanted to go with her and a client to the Wiz Khalafia concert. Umm, false.

- Finally reading Gladwell's "David & Goliath." Interesting chapter on the Big Fish/Small Pond phenomenon at colleges in regards to science and math majors. Basically, ONLY the very top of the class at Ivys really benefit from going to such a prestigious school (obviously, I'm speaking very basically here, there's a lot more to it). The rest become discouraged because they're comparing themselves to the elite, dropping out of the majors. I immediately drew parallels to college basketball and the plight of one Derek Willis. Hopefully, he gets his confidence back.

- LeBron should've been named Finals MVP. No doubt.

Surprised me that none of the 11? voters selected Curry. Granted he didn't have an amazing Finals outside of Games 5 & 6 ... but he's the most valuable player on the team that won the trophy. He's clearly the straw that stirs the GSW drink. Strange.

FTR, I would have voted for Lebron as well.

For damn sure this team won't be hanging out in trees drawing the damn flora and fauna of the bluegrass state. F'ng amateurs.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
'Live From' is pretty awesome today. Basically showing the players trying all sorts of crazy shit out there...this tournament is gonna be badass imo.

-Speaking of guys trip, hitting random majors would be pretty unreal. How cool would it be to be out at Chambers Bay this week, then playing around in a 'new' (for most of us) city like Seattle for the weekend.

Last edited:
I like the Iggy choice, he was the X Factor without question.

Steph did average 26ppg tho. 28.5ppg/43% from deep in the post season....dude is just incredible.

The Iggy call was too cute. He was terrific but it was clear who were the two best, most important, most outstanding, most valuable players in the finals.

Knight and MKG were close to back to back in April 2010. Maybe a day apart or so.

Then a few weeks later Teague committed causing Floyd St and all of Camp Pitino to lose their minds collectively. At that point I think they all realized that as long as Calipari was in Lexington they're royally touched as far beating us.

Anyone find it ironic that SAE wants more of an edge like Bledsoe and Boogie but in the past has always got his dig in that that team failed to get to a F4? Yet, all these "nice" guys like Knight, Davis, KAT, and MKG won a title and did get to F4's.

I'm cool with an edge, but being a nice guy doesn't mean that players don't have toughness on the court. Davis and MKG were killers. KAT was one of the most physical bigs we've had here in a long time, super nice kid but he was borderline dirty under the basket (and I fine with that). Just think how good Tim Duncan would be had he shit talked more often and picked up a few court cases over the last couple decades!

Anyway, I think I'm cool with recruiting the most talented players who get it done on the court, stay in trouble off of it, make grades, and represent our program in a way the harshest critics find infuriating because they are such good kids.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I like the Iggy choice, he was the X Factor without question.

Disagree, actually. Thought it was the easy 'cute' pick, if that makes any sense.

X-factor? Cavs dared Iggy to beat them, leaving him open for jumper after jumper. Cavs severely over played every screen that involved Klay and Steph, letting AI roam free to do as he pleased. If Harrison Barnes wasn't such gaping poosay, we'd be talking about how Black Falcon is ready to make that leap blah blah blah after torching the Cavs with all those open jumpers that were there for the taking.

As always, the true X-factor for GSW is Draymond. He allows them to do so many different things on both sides, but mainly the small-ball thing. Kerr pitching Bogut in the trash moved Draymond to the 5 and the whole series changed as a result, bub. Not discounting how well Iguodala played and he definitely rose to the occasion... but the MVP should go to the most valuable player and if you're going to award it to the winning side --- it's 1) Curry 2) Draymond

Love you, but this was lazy. It's summer, though. Give you a pass.

- So, be honest, @B.B.d.K. - you've wekked to Dolezal already, right?

- Watched a little of the US Women's match last night. Umm, are they not wearing red, white and blue for some reason or were my eyes deceiving me?

-"Now you see what this thing looks like. When they get it right... You'll be like.. What?! Poytress is dunking balls. Tyler is getting to the lane & dishing. Dominic is up in you. Briscoe is a flat scorer. Balling. What about, Skal? How good? NEXXXXXT MAN UP."

-"Thanks, Coach Cal. Now what about Joe's question on playing zone?"

Who?

-Lou City took The Chicago Fire to the very end of Extra Time last night...pretty impressive.

- That white lady pretending to be black. Was sure you'd think there was something sexy about her.

- Congrats on Louisville finally becoming a pro sports town,

RILEY CURRY IS THE REAL MVP LOL SHE SAYS THE DARNDEST THINGS IMO AND SHE WILL ALWAYS BE A PART OF THE BIG BLUE NATION

Reactions: Mashburned
Pretty cognizant of my hypocrisy with the 2010 team. However, I just want a little more "edge" and not a full blown reversion to some of his Memphis teams. Clean cut AA types with an enforcer or two (like MKG or Liggins). Think we've sort of missed that the last few seasons. JMO.

Pretty cognizant of my hypocrisy with the 2010 team. However, I just want a little more "edge" and not a full blown reversion to some of his Memphis teams. Clean cut AA types with an enforcer or two (like MKG or Liggins). Think we've sort of missed that the last few seasons. JMO.
Please define AA.

in a truly drxman move, drxman just sent me a link, to a boat he must be considering purchasing, with the simple caption/question = yay or nay?

this sucker is basically a 70-foot, custom-built, 3-bed/2-bath floating mansion....with flat panel tvs, a bridge above the captains chair, twin 400hp engines, and an all-female crew from solid platinum.

i'll have to give these pics a better look before i make a final decision, but clearly im leaning towards 'nay.' just not that easily impressed. [laughing][pfftt]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT