ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been back & forth on Jason Whitlock forever. He's awful & annoying much of the time w/ making everything about race, but then is also the only Black Person with a voice who will out his 'people' on the regular, which I appreciate.

Sounds like he's truly a POS, though. Anyone read the 10,000 word Deadspin article on him & his getting fired from the website/movement HE created at ESPN, 'The Undefeated'?

It's a long ass read, but pretty good look at him, and it's not good.

How Jason Whitlock is Poisoning ESPN's Black Grandland: http://deadspin.com/how-jason-whitlock-is-poisoning-espns-black-grantland-1698683962

-TKE, haven't you been building that house for like 8 years? Seems that you asked about geothermal equipment when I still lived in Louisville. 8 years building a house would be tough on anyone.

-New bed is delivered and assembled. Pretty cool setup. 5 boxes deliver, put it together yourself in about 15 minutes. Slept well.

-Haven't even had a chance to look at the Open stuff. Plan on spending most of my weekend watching it. Wodie. Probably need to catch a movie this weekend as well.

-Going to a lake once a year is fine, driving every weekend(multiple trips at that) is crazy.

-We're actually giving away a Yeti cooler through WLEX right now. Sign up.

- Nolin seems like the play for folks in Louisville. 90 minutes or so depending on where you live. Would love to invest in a lake property down there one day with some other couples. Rent it out on the weekends we are not there. Just get away. Throw away the keys for the weekend and enjoy the water.

- Noticed on out trip last week the YETI movement is getting strong. Of course the brand was designed for sportsmen hunting and fishing but now it's caught on to yups. Group of late 20 something lassies from Nashiville (shades on) posted up to us on the beach daily.They had the works... Yeti hats, Yeti tumblers, Yeti cooler, and Yeto coozies. ITS SOO AMAZING. OBVI MY SKINNY GAL MARG IS STILL COLD.

Almost bought a Yeti tumbler at this shop next to the Boat House. Held out bc I think I can get one for less off the intrawebs. Can see the use of that by the pool.

- Don't know if the Cavs can do it tonight. They can hang for 3 quarters and then they get worn out.

- How about this Cameron Payne kid from Murray? 2 and done and likely a lotto pick point guard. Kid's from Memphis and wasn't recruited heavily. Averaged 20 & 6 this past year.

- We can not let this Mountain honky from Paintsville, Kash Daniel, get out of state. No way.

- Murray coming or nah?

Always thought the Rolex Clocks at Majors were so badass.

images

Per a quick google, a company called 'Verdin' makes them, and you can custom order.

Be a pretty wodie gift for Anth to himself one day, imo: Would look dope if you had a wodie backyard area, like Mel's. http://www.verdin.com/clocks/index.php

Pretty huge difference between a transgendered individual and a white person feigning blackness and rising to become the President of the NAACP.

Christ, nothing has brought out the stupid in people quite like the Jenner story.

Always thought the Rolex Clocks at Majors were so badass.

images

Per a quick google, a company called 'Verdin' makes them, and you can custom order.

Be a pretty wodie gift for Anth to himself one day, imo: Would look dope if you had a wodie backyard area, like Mel's. http://www.verdin.com/clocks/index.php

What about the same one at Keeneland? Learn Kentucky.

Reactions: HUBER and Beavis606
Michael Qualls = Alonzo Gee, right?

Lake weekends are indeed exhausting. My FIL keeps his boat at Cave Run all summer but even with that 'short' drive after adding all the prep that goes into it... it's just a huge hassle IMO. Neighborhood pool, FTW. Walk 200 feet with a cooler, bluetooth speaker, & beach towel -----> profit.

- Without going all political --- Sean Davis had a thought provoking article re: the Jenner/Dolezal apparent double standard. Good stuff.

- How many Bowie/Oden/Embiid OMGZ big man risk articles are we going to see if this foot thing is a real issue going forward? Too many. We get it.

- Arrington Vineyards; went with a couple this weekend on our visit to my folks in Murfreesboro. Great time. Live band and cool setup on the hill, awesome Franklin MILF scenery, and of course really good wine. Absolutely recommend it to anyone. Wine tasting is a long wait in peak hours, but worth it.

So, Louisville City FC plays in the 4th Round of the US Open Cup tonight vs. the MLS Chicago Fire. That's pretty cool I suppose...quite a big step up in competition.

Already knocked out a couple Higher-Tiered teams, but imagine their run ends here against the big boys.

Thinking about Live Tweeting this and going absolutely apeshit bonkers on the Timeline. Thoughts?

Reactions: TCPUKChamps
* i go on vacation for a week, and this place nearly falls apart. not a single post on sunday? shew. i'll try to stir up some s*** today.

* nicely done as always...

Point being, I only become worried if Kentucky doesn’t trounce these bums in the 1st half. They are the epitome of non-BCS. They beat up on inferior competition, play in the worst of bowls, and claim to be successful. When put up against the big boys, and yes I am considering UK a big boy in this context, they are no match.

i really enjoy reading bti's nonsense, sort of in that self-loathing stuff your monday morning hungover face with mcdonalds breakfast kinda way. at what point did kentucky again become a "big boy?"

* that pizza hut hot dog crust pizza is ridiculous. beyond ridiculous, even.

* quick key west randos...

- gay pride week. i mean, key west is turbo-gay to begin with, so this week wasn't really that unusual. short parade. saw bruce vilanch.
- ate a lot, but have no stats to prove it.
- first b&b experience. really like it. surprisingly, it was actually more quiet than a typical hotel. i think this joint only had like 30 rooms, and there was never more than 7 or 8 people at the pool at one time.
- paddleboard yoga = didnt even fall in. almost got into a full headstand. more on that to come later.
- hogs breath, willie ts, captain tonys, two friends, alonsos, 2 cents, 801 bourbon bar, turtle kraals, green parrot, la te da, fat tuesday, the green room, kellys.....and im sure im leaving a few out.
- ernest hemingway is/was a badass. touring his house = highlight of the trip.

* first day back from vacation, my body is always spent. too many consecutive days of booze/overeating. i also always have a little depression/mind hangover, as i typically spend the entire time thinking "i need to quit my job, sell my house, move here, buy a little condo/house, and work 2 days a week bartending." but instead, here i am, back to work selling insurance. woohoo!!!!

- How many Bowie/Oden/Embiid OMGZ big man risk articles are we going to see if this foot thing is a real issue going forward? Too many. We get it.

My favorite part is how "great" Embiid would have been keeps rising. Apparently now, there's no doubt he was the next Olajuwon.

* first day back from vacation, my body is always spent. too many consecutive days of booze/overeating. i also always have a little depression/mind hangover, as i typically spend the entire time thinking "i need to quit my job, sell my house, move here, buy a little condo/house, and work 2 days a week bartending." but instead, here i am, back to work selling insurance. woohoo!!!!

The worst part of vacation by far...sometimes I swear it isn't even worth it. My depression can last weeks, and the lass is typically an emotional mess while strategizing for "a way" we can make ^ happen, emailing me condo/house/apartment links, job prospects, etc. Pretty awesome.

So, instead of drinking and watching college football all weekend for Labor Day, I get to drive 9 hours both ways and spend the long weekend with the lass's parents in Virginia.

You pricks (Anthony) better not be selling me up the river on this relationship bullshit.

wcc conveniently leaves out the part of his mid-20s lake story that it was also a guarantee lay weekend. it was 2-3 days with a group of single guys, and a group of single girls. evenly matched, iirc.

you'll NEVER live that down, bub.

So, instead of drinking and watching college football all weekend for Labor Day, I get to drive 9 hours both ways and spend the long weekend with the lass's parents in Virginia.

You pricks (Anthony) better not be selling me up the river on this relationship bullshit.

HURRY UP AND GET REALLY SERIOUS SO ANTH WILL LAY OFF ME AND START HARRASING YOU ABOUT MARRIAGE PLEASE FYI THANK YOU

Had a booze filled moment of clarity last week where I had half convinced myself once the lass starts practicing we should move down to the Lowcounrty in HHI or Charleston. Look to tend bar, sell boiled peanuts, ride a rickshaw... Something.

Just a totally different lifestyle down there.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
Had a booze filled moment of clarity last week where I had half convinced myself once the lass starts practicing we should move down to the Lowcounrty in HHI or Charleston. Look to tend bar, sell boiled peanuts, ride a rickshaw... Something.

Just a totally different lifestyle down there.

It sounds ridiculous when you *really* think about it, but every time you vacation anywhere similar you're basically guaranteed to meet several former professional/regular people who did JUST THAT, and they'll talk about how it was the best thing they ever did, simplifying life, etc...:angry:

- Beavis, I badmouth the lake to anyone and everyone who will listen up here. Comes from the heart, too.

- Look, I'm not saying ALL boaters and lakers are rednecks. I'm just saying it skews that way. The tats you see on the river and lake are just ridiculous.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
-She's a cool chick. Even the cool ones require you to do some nonsense occasionally. Godspeed.

-I give WCC hell because he's single, not because he drug his live in cool as hell girlfriend half way across the country and away from her family but refuses to commit. Big difference.

-I'll live somewhere cool when I retire and spend half the year there. Until then I like our area and vacationing.

-Hate coming back but it doesn't last long. The last day or 36 hours of vacation is my least favorite. The knowing it's over and the travel home is coming is way worse than the return.

^ Yep. Scheduling that Monday off, or coming home on a Saturday to give you a 'rest' day before getting back to it helps alleviate some of that 'Final 36' misery though, I've found.

Very dark thoughts when coming home from a vacation on a Sunday evening w/ work the next day. :gun:

here are the ingredients to pulling it off successfully...

- have cash to live debt free (home, car, boat)
- keep expenses low (see above)
- kids? false

thats it. once you put those parameters in place, how much $$ do you really need?? its really not tough to make $500-1000/week working some simple/menial job.

The NAACP chick was the local leader in Spokane. Not exactly the hotbed of race relations in the US. Even the Gonzaga basketball team is over half white.

After spending the weekend in St. Louis, I question why I ever left. Had a pretty good setup and opportunities. St. Louis makes Cincinnati look like Louisville.

OVERRATED: Moving Southeast

UNDERRATED: Moving West

For weather reasons alone.

The heat/humidity is already killing me.

You're a German Catholic. I'm betting you want your little girl to get a solid Catholic education. Quit pretending to be some southerner and come home, friend.

I wouldn't move even 50 miles north. Not even on the table. I only reluctantly travel to the Midwest outside of Chicago and StL.

StL is a great city though, at least for sports fans. It's more on the level of Atlanta as opposed to Cincy. It's a really big city.

Charleston or the Carribean. That's pretty much it.

Family on both sides have been hard working German Catholics in Louisville since the 1850's, bub.

My daughter will get a wonderful catholic education here and then I'm pushing her out of the Commonwealth as far as eyes can see. In fact, my primary life objective is to broaden my children's horizons. Get them the touch out of here.

Reactions: catholic_back
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT