ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- A lady I taught with would bring in one of those McCafes to school every day. I mean Every. Damn. Day. And it was weird because in the last 3-5 years, she's lost weight and successfully kept it off/stayed relatively fit. Further proof that they put addictive chemicals in their food/drink. No other explanation . . . other than the stupidity of the masses.

Hardees is the one place that has completely bucked the trend of trying to be more hip and healthy.

"Oh you're going with a fresca menu.... well we're going to put a greasy hot dog on top of a bacon chili cheeseburger."

Hardees seems to really go after the "manual labor lunch break" crowd. And you know what, if youre putting shingles on a roof in 95 degree weather for 8 hours you can have whatever you want for lunch.

I can't imagine eating hardees then going and roofing. Miserable.Only time I could eat something like that is on a major hangover.

Also.... this is WAY better than November-February. Love it. Suns up 6:30a-9:30p. Everyone is outside. Glorious.

Why I go to Hardee's. Getchee chicken biscuit and you won't be hungry till after 2:30, at least. Feeling froggy, get a twin pack cini-raisin biscuits. Mmmmm. Really sticks to your bones. HONGRY man food. Frisch's special weekend treat.

Don't forget the chips. The texture of the chips counteracts the mushy feel of the hot dog creating a perfect summertime sandwich that is 2 meals in one. The sandwich wouldn't work without the chips. Ties it all together.

I can't imagine eating hardees then going and roofing. Miserable.Only time I could eat something like that is on a major hangover.
Think its the standard that any time you have contract workers at your home, they are going to leave behind empty hardees bags and mountain dew bottles.

Reactions: LadyCat92
Hit up Bojangles yesterday mng in Charleston on the way out of town. Their chicken biscuit is not to be touched with.

Thing is huge and has that little extra spicy kick to it. Best breakfast fast food sambo in the biz.

Reactions: Mashburned
Doyel began his guest hosting job on KSR last week with pumping up Indiana high school basketball. Because that's what folks in Kentucky want to listen to [eyeroll]

Dude is a gigantic homer/sell-out/schill, however you want to phrase it. Pretty pathetic.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Best lunch places that are walkable from the government building downtown? Started working for the city today and never really come downtown to eat.

That KY-IN All-Star Game has become an embarrassment. The boys have lost 14 straight games, and the girls haven't fared much better. But maybe even more embarrassing is that while they can still pull around 5-6K in attendance up in Indy, the recorded attendance for the Lexington edition was 785, and it was held at Transy.

Just ridiculous. I don't know what the answers are, but at this rate the game will be played in someone's driveway in about two years or so.

Went to a birthday party yesterday at a place called Zanzabar. It's located on Eastern Parkway in what appears to be a "questionable" older neighborhood.

But that place is pretty cool. They have old, original 80s arcade games everywhere (still 25 cents), pinball machines, crafties on tap, full food menu, and what looked like a nice bourbon selection (although I did not partake).

Lots of history in there and a cool place for a 7 year old's birthday party!

I'd say the regular crowd is millenial hipsters with patchy beards and vintage Q-Bert t-shirts.

Zanzabar is a cool little spot....their food is really good for bar food, they have an actual chef. Had some Curry Scallops dinner there a few years ago that was :100points:

They pack the place pretty much every night with live music or DJ.

Hardee's/Carl's Jr will lettuce wrap your burgers without freaking out and need managerial assistance for 45 minutes. So, for low carbing it is good. Aside from that and their biscuits [sick]

That sound really good.

We had pizza (marginal) and wings which were huge and tasty.

Pitchers around everywhere for the dads. At one point I looked up and the kids were running around the stage while 4-5 adults were all on the arcade games!

I set the new high score for Galaga, by the way. First try!

Swear to god I'd choke a B if I walked into my local tavern and there were a gaggle of 7 year olds running around.

Awful.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
There are several places in Victorian Square now... Vinaigrette (salads), Pies & Pints (pizza), Saul Good. Also Alfalfa's on Main Street is good. Lexington Diner is supposed to be good but I haven't been there. Shorty's has sandwiches/lunch.

Limestone Blue is decent as well if it's still open. Sidebar has a great burger. Both are across the street. Village Idiot is a little further but has good sandwiches.

I've only had 1 IMOs...73 brought it back for me from St. Louis and I picked the 8 hour old room temperature pie up at his house...

...the thing was gone before I got to the Watterson, TS.

Considered ordering their products over the mail several times...

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT