ADVERTISEMENT

Good news coming today?!

Cal visiting Diallo in person today. Trying to close the deal I suppose.
Wbh0XN5.jpg

Why didn't Diallo consider Kansas?

I would've thought with his brother Cheick having played there, he would have at least given them a visit.

Reactions: CatsnRoses
Im not sure what everyone is struggling with. Cal visiting diallo is very good news and probably will result in a closing deal. Not sure why anyone would expect an official commit today though.

Im not sure what everyone is struggling with. Cal visiting diallo is very good news and probably will result in a closing deal. Not sure why anyone would expect an official commit today though.

If he wants to play next semester he doesn't have a whole lot of time lol

Why didn't Diallo consider Kansas?

I would've thought with his brother Cheick having played there, he would have at least given them a visit.

Yep, I'm sure he heard nothing but rave reviews.

(I know you were saying it tongue-in-cheek).

The Twitter buzz from Meyer is. if he wants this semester and go pro the choice is UConn. But what Meyers said they were hearing from NBA scouts he needs to come back for next year and be in the 18 draft. Meaning this could be a monster signing.

Reactions: ukfan041
I heard he is going to sign, not play this year, red shirt next year to work on his shot, then transfer to UCONN for the 19 season before going number 1 in the 20 draft.

That sucks if true. Would be a total waste of a scholarship.

Knox and Young....Please??????

I have mixed feelings. I want Bamba more than anyone but feel we really need Young more and feel that Knox could actually have the biggest impact in college. No way we have room for them all if we don't see a couple guys transfer out, and even then we would be looking at a team where like 9 of the 11 scholarship guys would be freshman.

I have mixed feelings. I want Bamba more than anyone but feel we really need Young more and feel that Knox could actually have the biggest impact in college. No way we have room for them all if we don't see a couple guys transfer out, and even then we would be looking at a team where like 9 of the 11 scholarship guys would be freshman.
From what people have been saying about Young, preferring him is pretty much irrelevant.

From what people have been saying about Young, preferring him is pretty much irrelevant.

Yes, and I think a lot of that is that Cal preferred Green, maybe just because he would help more with other guys or maybe because he liked his game better, but we have heard so many times that we had no shot with a guy at some point before we ended up landing them. Just look back to this time last year and the shot we had with Bam. Or a couple months ago and the shot we had with Green. Or a few days ago and the chance we have with Diallo.

I don't see him coming in and making an impact this year regardless of his abilities. We have chemistry that has been developed over the first third of the season and I don't know how this guy shores up the gaps we do have. Our guards are solid it's our front court play and defense that needs help unless this guy is a spot up lights out shooter. Even then where would his minutes come from?
He is eligible for the 2017 draft NOW. If he comes to KY and plays this year, he will NOT be eligible for the 2017 NBA draft. The issue is what does he want to do and what does Cal feel he needs. I seriously doubt Cal feels a 6'5" guard who is not a lights out shooter (he is NOT Knight, Murray or Monk) will help any more than more time from Mulder. On the other hand his coming now and practicing with this team so that he can hit the ground running for the 17/18 season is another thing. That might get him drafted in the2018 lottery, Focusing on the 2017 draft will NOT get him in the lottery. We'll see. I think he comes but for 17/18.

Sounds like an awful problem to have.

He is eligible for the 2017 draft NOW. If he comes to KY and plays this year, he will NOT be eligible for the 2017 NBA draft. The issue is what does he want to do and what does Cal feel he needs. I seriously doubt Cal feels a 6'5" guard who is not a lights out shooter (he is NOT Knight, Murray or Monk) will help any more than more time from Mulder. On the other hand his coming now and practicing with this team so that he can hit the ground running for the 17/18 season is another thing. That might get him drafted in the2018 lottery, Focusing on the 2017 draft will NOT get him in the lottery. We'll see. I think he comes but for 17/18.

I feel as if Mulder is getting severely overrated these days lol

Reactions: pikespeak1
This is the perfect scenario....Diallo signs and comes in next week and plays little by little. Improves every way possible and is a star on the team next year and fills a huge need, SG. That will happen and he'll be a top 5 pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT