ADVERTISEMENT

Good news coming today?!

Since nothing happened yesterday, this rumor goes into the waste basket along with many other false rumors and fake news that have been posted on this website over the years. Knox and Diallo have been mentioned on this thread. Calipari is still recruiting Knox, but I do not think he would have accepted Jarred Vanderbilt's commitment if he believed Knox was favoring Kentucky. Signing Knox is something between an uphill fight and a long shot. Diallo is another story. We didn't get Diallo yesterday. If he goes ahead with his scheduled visit to Arizona, we might not get him. But it seems that Kentucky is now the presumed favorite for Diallo. Wherever Diallo goes, he must announce his decision soon if he intends to enroll for the spring semester.
Why do you think Cal doesn't get Knox now that he has Vanderbilt?

That brought a tear to my eye.

I'm still kinda lost on this scholarship situation. What about Lee? Does he still count against the limit?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You're gonna get my ass kicked around here man! Stop making me laugh at your unfunny jokes. Lol.

I thought it was pretty damn funny myself. See, usually it's "take EJ off scholly." You went another way and subbed our boy DW, which I thought was gold.

There was word going around Lexington yesterday that Diallo and Cal would meet....get everything worked out and Diallo might make it official last night or word would get out some way. That didn't happen, doesn't mean it still won't happen very soon. Today is about UK Football though, Let's Go CATS!
I didn't hear anything and I left my windows open.

Reactions: ArkansasCatsFan
Why do you think Cal doesn't get Knox now that he has Vanderbilt?
Like you said, it's just what I think. College recruiting is among the most unpredictable forms of human behavior. I have been through the recruiting process in my own life, and have watched decades of UK recruiting. This taught me that most recruits can be summed up by watching which schools the player expresses the most interest in. Once in a while, there is a surprise, like Labissiere, Adebayo. Most of the time, you get a sense of what's going on by watching what the player says and does. I believe Knox is good enough to transform whatever class he joins. That's why Calipari has stayed on him. But Knox isn't saying or doing anything to make me think he will pick Kentucky. That's a contrast to Diallo, who is acting and talking like a future Wildcat. If Calipari thought he was likely to sign Knox, then I believe he would focus his remaining scholarships on Bamba and a couple more guards. His acceptance of Vanderbilt's commitment tells us that Calipari is not confident about Knox. But anything can happen in recruiting.

Like you said, it's just what I think. College recruiting is among the most unpredictable forms of human behavior. I have been through the recruiting process in my own life, and have watched decades of UK recruiting. This taught me that most recruits can be summed up by watching which schools the player expresses the most interest in. Once in a while, there is a surprise, like Labissiere, Adebayo. Most of the time, you get a sense of what's going on by watching what the player says and does. I believe Knox is good enough to transform whatever class he joins. That's why Calipari has stayed on him. But Knox isn't saying or doing anything to make me think he will pick Kentucky. That's a contrast to Diallo, who is acting and talking like a future Wildcat. If Calipari thought he was likely to sign Knox, then I believe he would focus his remaining scholarships on Bamba and a couple more guards. His acceptance of Vanderbilt's commitment tells us that Calipari is not confident about Knox. But anything can happen in recruiting.

Just the law of averages says we don't get Knox.

Good enough, I have a different feeling though. I think Knox is coming, Vanderbilt is really good, but not Knox good.
I think these kids realize that a team full of stars is a much better way to get where they want to go.
This could be Cal's best job ever on the recruiting trail.
But, these kids are so hard to read and they enjoy the process, I bet Cal gets him. And no, I'm not touching tips to lock in that bet. :)

You're gonna get my ass kicked around here man! Stop making me laugh at your unfunny jokes. Lol.

I thought it was pretty damn funny myself. See, usually it's "take EJ off scholly." You went another way and subbed our boy DW, which I thought was gold.
As long as ONE person can appreciate my bad humor...

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Diallo to UK would represent a double victory. #1., landing an elite guard who could help this season and next (if he returns) and #2. Pissing off UConn nation that is finally understanding that Jim Calhoun “ain’t walkin’ through that door, folks.”

I don't think we'll hear anything until early next week - Monday or Tuesday perhaps?

Since nothing happened yesterday, this rumor goes into the waste basket along with many other false rumors and fake news that have been posted on this website over the years. Knox and Diallo have been mentioned on this thread. Calipari is still recruiting Knox, but I do not think he would have accepted Jarred Vanderbilt's commitment if he believed Knox was favoring Kentucky. Signing Knox is something between an uphill fight and a long shot. Diallo is another story. We didn't get Diallo yesterday. If he goes ahead with his scheduled visit to Arizona, we might not get him. But it seems that Kentucky is now the presumed favorite for Diallo. Wherever Diallo goes, he must announce his decision soon if he intends to enroll for the spring semester.
No, today is still today, so...Also, tomorrow will be today. This is a no-lose scenario for the op. There was good news re: yesterday's today, my .22 silencer finally cleared all legal hurdles, and this with a trust. Hope to get it Monday. My other multican is still in limbo but hopefully passes soon. Quiet, I'm wabbit huntin. Oh shit, it's duck season.

Exactly, he qualifies for in state tuition. Or does somebody qualify for an academic scholarship?
What difference does this make? Willis will remain on scholarship, and he is a senior. Kentucky already has an open scholarship for Diallo if he wants it.

Did anybody catch the espn ticker? I caught the tail end of recruiting. It mentioned U.K. Landing a recruit. Haven't seen it since. This was 45 mins. Ago.

What difference does this make? Willis will remain on scholarship, and he is a senior. Kentucky already has an open scholarship for Diallo if he wants it.
Another one fell for
It's an on going joke, kinda like "how's his walk" and " fast paste".

I think they are just joking about the scholarship thing.

Joke

OK at this point I think you are in on it. At least I hope this is the case.

Ok man, let me do this another way.

I am sorry that my post upset you. I sure didn't mean for it to. I was merely trying to make a joke, and that joke was ultimately not funny, and, in fact, was assholish. I truly am sorry wldctky. In the future. I will try to be more respectful to you and all other posters here.

And, FWIW, JeffEngland is a fellow poster who "liked" your post calling me an ass. I thought maybe he was your buddy.

Have a nice night. I'm guessing you'll see this in the morning since, as you say, you have a life and are probably sleeping now to be fresh for that life tomorrow.
spot on with your assessment...I was in bed had to get up early and take the kids to practices & games...I wasn't upset just pointing out the fact your were coming across as an ass

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Good enough, I have a different feeling though. I think Knox is coming, Vanderbilt is really good, but not Knox good.
I think these kids realize that a team full of stars is a much better way to get where they want to go.
This could be Cal's best job ever on the recruiting trail.
But, these kids are so hard to read and they enjoy the process, I bet Cal gets him. And no, I'm not touching tips to lock in that bet. :)

In the short mixed-tape, Vanderbilt seemed to handle and pass
similar to a good 2G, (good as Monk, maybe). Might be a big 2,
if we had Knox also.
What about Alexander, Vanderbilt, Knox, Washington, (Bamba/Richardson)
for a big line-up?

Reactions: kyjeff1
In the short mixed-tape, Vanderbilt seemed to handle and pass
similar to a good 2G, (good as Monk, maybe). Might be a big 2,
if we had Knox also.
What about Alexander, Vanderbilt, Knox, Washington, (Bamba/Richardson)
for a big line-up?
LIKE!

Probably because Mulder's imagined as the ideal archetype to complement the other 3 starting guards. A low volume shooter with a dead eye from deep would help alleviate potential issues inside the arc and not take shots away from our best weapons on offense.

Of course, there is no magic bullet to improving a lineup. Getting better in one area often means getting worse in another. Playing Mulder, especially alongside Monk, in the backcourt is a compromise in that we sacrifice ball handlers and shot creators for additional shooting. For now it seems that Cal prefers the latter given that Hawkins has played more than Mulder. Perhaps Cal suspects that he risks less turnovers with Hawkins, and that is more valuable than the shooting Mulder brings.

I think that he likes what Hawkins brings defensively compared to Mulder.

I'm pretty sure his Arizona visit is going on right now it was scheduled for this weekend. Anything on twitter from the Arizona people saying he is in Tucson??

Watching Uconn play Tulsa and damn they look terrible. I know they have a lot of injuries but I think it would be dumb for him go to Uconn even with all the playing time available, he is not going to get better playing with that team.

ADVERTISEMENT