ADVERTISEMENT

Good news coming today?!

giphy.gif
the point is somebody asked if Willis has to go walk on status..I was letting them know there was plenty of room...no reason for you to be an ass

Reactions: JeffEngland
the point is somebody asked if Willis has to go walk on status..I was letting them know there was plenty of room...no reason for you to be an ass

Well Willis will become a walk on basically because he won't play over him.

Maybe but I would bet most people would rather be on vacation than at work. You are probably in the minority here.

Well, don't want to make a big thing of it but saying I'd rather be on vacation than at work isn't quite the same as saying going back to work depresses me. I'd say you're right there. Although I do enjoy going to work.

He is eligible for the 2017 draft NOW. If he comes to KY and plays this year, he will NOT be eligible for the 2017 NBA draft. The issue is what does he want to do and what does Cal feel he needs. I seriously doubt Cal feels a 6'5" guard who is not a lights out shooter (he is NOT Knight, Murray or Monk) will help any more than more time from Mulder. On the other hand his coming now and practicing with this team so that he can hit the ground running for the 17/18 season is another thing. That might get him drafted in the2018 lottery, Focusing on the 2017 draft will NOT get him in the lottery. We'll see. I think he comes but for 17/18.

That is incorrect.

Why would he be ineligible for the 2017 draft if he comes this year? I've heard a few people say this but not 1 of them have given a reason as to why he would be ineligible. The rule is an NBA rule and I don't see what playing here (or anywhere) for the spring semester has to do with anything.

Dude, I was joking. I wasn't being an ass. I thought it was funny that you missed the joke, so I was joking about it. I officially apologize to you and your friend JeffEngland.

I'm telling you, if he earns regular playing time it will look more like this:

(Starters listed first)
PG: Fox 30/Briscoe 10
SG: Monk 30/Briscoe 10
SF: Briscoe 10/Diallo 30

That puts your best talent at those positions in the best position to succeed.
Briscoe needs more time at point. Look at the numbers from Ole Miss with him at pg.

who is Jeff England? I commented on the only post I read..I actually have a life and can't read every post every day

Ok man, let me do this another way.

I am sorry that my post upset you. I sure didn't mean for it to. I was merely trying to make a joke, and that joke was ultimately not funny, and, in fact, was assholish. I truly am sorry wldctky. In the future. I will try to be more respectful to you and all other posters here.

And, FWIW, JeffEngland is a fellow poster who "liked" your post calling me an ass. I thought maybe he was your buddy.

Have a nice night. I'm guessing you'll see this in the morning since, as you say, you have a life and are probably sleeping now to be fresh for that life tomorrow.

Reactions: flash123 and Blueaz
Yeah someone said Matt Jones said it but I think that poster was making it up. It was a dumb comment that was 100% wrong and makes zero sense

That is incorrect.

Why would he be ineligible for the 2017 draft if he comes this year? I've heard a few people say this but not 1 of them have given a reason as to why he would be ineligible. The rule is an NBA rule and I don't see what playing here (or anywhere) for the spring semester has to do with anything.

I feel as if Mulder is getting severely overrated these days lol

Probably because Mulder's imagined as the ideal archetype to complement the other 3 starting guards. A low volume shooter with a dead eye from deep would help alleviate potential issues inside the arc and not take shots away from our best weapons on offense.

Of course, there is no magic bullet to improving a lineup. Getting better in one area often means getting worse in another. Playing Mulder, especially alongside Monk, in the backcourt is a compromise in that we sacrifice ball handlers and shot creators for additional shooting. For now it seems that Cal prefers the latter given that Hawkins has played more than Mulder. Perhaps Cal suspects that he risks less turnovers with Hawkins, and that is more valuable than the shooting Mulder brings.

Even if he is coming I think Cal is smart enough to not allow it to take away from the football game today. Probably won't hear anything today either.

Reactions: ukfan041
Even if he is coming I think Cal is smart enough to not allow it to take away from the football game today. Probably won't hear anything today either.
This plus Diallo was really close to the UConn coaching staff. He I'm sure will want to talk to Ollie to tell him he has chosen UK if he has.

Ok man, let me do this another way.

I am sorry that my post upset you. I sure didn't mean for it to. I was merely trying to make a joke, and that joke was ultimately not funny, and, in fact, was assholish. I truly am sorry wldctky. In the future. I will try to be more respectful to you and all other posters here.

And, FWIW, JeffEngland is a fellow poster who "liked" your post calling me an ass. I thought maybe he was your buddy.

Have a nice night. I'm guessing you'll see this in the morning since, as you say, you have a life and are probably sleeping now to be fresh for that life tomorrow.
That brought a tear to my eye.

I'm still kinda lost on this scholarship situation. What about Lee? Does he still count against the limit?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Word going around of some positive news on the recruiting front today for UK Basketball....stay tuned
Since nothing happened yesterday, this rumor goes into the waste basket along with many other false rumors and fake news that have been posted on this website over the years. Knox and Diallo have been mentioned on this thread. Calipari is still recruiting Knox, but I do not think he would have accepted Jarred Vanderbilt's commitment if he believed Knox was favoring Kentucky. Signing Knox is something between an uphill fight and a long shot. Diallo is another story. We didn't get Diallo yesterday. If he goes ahead with his scheduled visit to Arizona, we might not get him. But it seems that Kentucky is now the presumed favorite for Diallo. Wherever Diallo goes, he must announce his decision soon if he intends to enroll for the spring semester.

There was word going around Lexington yesterday that Diallo and Cal would meet....get everything worked out and Diallo might make it official last night or word would get out some way. That didn't happen, doesn't mean it still won't happen very soon. Today is about UK Football though, Let's Go CATS!

Reactions: Ghettobird
ADVERTISEMENT