ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Kentucky vs. Auburn - SECT

Stop freaking changing angles of the camera!

Becker should have murdered that pitch as well. It is down and in against a lefty. That has to be destroyed!

Becker at least helps UK score a run. 3-2.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Heyer with a single to short! Holland might have been given an error, but I think that is a hit. Not a routine play.

Whoa. E by Holland. Is the mojo turning???

Squires needs to turn his mojo around, but letting a freaking thigh high fastball go against a lefty is not a good way to get back on track. I know, work the count and all that crap, but this kid is throwing some meat fastballs at time and we have to get the bat off our shoulders. It has worked that we are getting some hits, but we are getting a bit more in desperation mode and not hitting the ball hard. That one was a bit off speed, but it was once again meat and Squires misses it.

That was two fastballs that Squires looked at and both of them should have been something Squires should have at least taken a hack at. Instead, he goes down looking.

This is the trouble... this guy is throwing hard. That is true. However, there is not a lot of junk to this pitcher, and we have got to hit the ball when he offers up a solid fastball. Put the ball into freaking play!

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Squires watches a clear strike to K with runners on. This is some sort of slump he's mired in.

how in the hell does Squires just look at that strike three.....and swing at the one before it??

I am actually more upset that he didn't swing at the first strike which was over the plate and thigh high. As a lefty, that is basically the sweet spot and it should have been a pitch that Squires put into the stands.

This lineup looks so different than it did earlier in the year when Collett was healthy, Ryan Johnson was swinging it well, and Squires was also swinging it well.

That was two fastballs that Squires looked at and both of them should have been something Squires should have at least taken a hack at. Instead, he goes down looking.

This is the trouble... this guy is throwing hard. That is true. However, there is not a lot of junk to this pitcher, and we have got to hit the ball when he offers up a solid fastball. Put the ball into freaking play!
This is freaking crazy...Ming needs to have a come to Jesus talk with these guys!! Totally different than the philosophy the Auburn batters are taking.... You can say what you want gentleman but that is coaching!!!

That pitch on Holland was a strike earlier in the game and exactly the pitch that Jeff took a picture of earlier.

Same freaking place! That is a good pitch and should be a strike and was definitely a strike for their pitchers! Give us a freaking break!

This is freaking crazy...Ming needs to have a come to Jesus talk with these guys!! Totally different than the philosophy the Auburn batters are taking.... You can say what you want gentleman but that is coaching!!!

Right now I do not know what the philosophy is. They typically look first pitch fastball, and that is what they are being served up by this relief pitcher and despite that they are letting good pitches go by.

I will say, that one problem with this team's approach is definitely that they have too many strikeouts, especially at bad times. The catch 22 of that is that they are hitting so well that it is hard to complain. Still, it could be so much better if they'd cut down on the strikeouts.

You can't win if you are swinging for the fences like Aklinski is trying to do. You win at this park with timely hits that are line drives or through the infield on the ground. Daniel pitch 5 innings vs us in Lexington earlier this year and held us to 1 run. I believe that Hjelle is settling down and if we get our offense rolling UK will win this game.

If Squires isn't going to swing, bunt them over, at least do something productive !
you know BDC a few games back I was complaining about them sacrificing Squire's when Pompeii would get on base... And the funny thing was that his mom and dad were sitting right in front of me and they started laughing because I was taking up for their son. Now I think that if they get somebody on base if all he's going to do is look at the bowl they do need to be sacrificing him...guess Zeke must have heard us!!LOL

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Lewis, trying to make his case and trying to make me look bad with the back to back hits.

Shinn trying to bunt him over. Please don't complain about this move. It needs to be done with how poorly our 6,7,8 have hit recently.

Lewis, trying to make his case and trying to make me look bad with the back to back hits.

Shinn trying to bunt him over. Please don't complain about this move. It needs to be done with how poorly our 6,7,8 have hit recently.

i'd bunt any of them if it's 1st/2nd and no outs. Some disagree with that

That looked like a pretty good pitch to Dawson to start. Hanging breaking ball. Still, we should be looking to connect on the fastball. Dawson does. Didn't find a hole, but he does the good job and moves the runner up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT