ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Kentucky vs. Auburn - SECT

Shinny goes down looking. Swings at junk and then doesn't protect. Auburn pitcher finding a groove with the offspeed pitch.

Another dreadful inning. Waste a lead off HBP, and we get a strikeout (Johnson), weak popout( Aklinski) and a puny ground ball (Lewis).

Last pitch wasn't a strike even where the catcher caught it. Low and outside all the way.

This umpire has been giving that low and outside corner for both pitchers. Auburn took advantage this inning. Let's see if Harper can do the same.

I don't remember the exact details. Sounds about right. I think we lost a few commits when Henderson was let go.

That's what I remember. Basically, we hired Ming in June and a couple of recruits walked away. Not sure if Holland was one, but I guess so.

And there's Harper with the same pitch or BETTER and it's a ball.

That's exactly right. Two pitches in the top of the 2nd called strikes for the Auburn pitcher that Harper didn't get the call on in the bottom of the 2nd. Those two Auburn pitches were balls.

Reactions: Jeff Drummond
I'm told this particular HP umpire struggles a lot with consistency. He's the one from Sunday game against Mississippi State where Ming almost got thrown out.

Will Holland will probably have a career day against us and they will play up this stupid spiked thing.

You proved to be prophetic. Lead-off HR, then makes a diving stab of a Cottam grounder up the middle to turn a double play when UK had runners at first and second and no outs.

Reactions: Jeff Drummond
Cats let one - or two - get away in the top of the 3rd.

Former LSU standout Ben McDonald questioning on SEC Network whether UK's superior RPI trumps LSU's two additional conference wins. Only problem with that, teams don't play same opp. LSU didn't play Florida or Georgia.

So, that's the exact situation, in some ways, that Cottam was in on Saturday against Vandy. He doesn't bunt and they turn 2 and we don't scratch.

ADVERTISEMENT