ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Kentucky vs. Auburn - SECT

Baseball is a cruel mistress. Basically similar situations and Auburn gets a DP to all but get out of the inning while UK throws out a runner before giving up back to back hits.

Hjelle coming in now. He should have just started in my opinion.

Waited a bit too long to make the pitching change.

Why in the hell did we not just start Hjelle if we were willing to use him today???More mind-numbing decisions from our coaches.

Why in the hell did we not just start Hjelle if we were willing to use him today???More mind-numbing decisions from our coaches.

Seemingly the hope was that Harper could go quite a ways. He didn't and we now have Hejelle who theoretically can go the rest of the way.

Strikeout for Jellyman.

I know there is probably no stat for it although I think they keep every stat Under the Sun nowadays... I'll bet you that we lead the nation in looking at call strikes and not get enough cuts at the ball
Not sure why Lewis is DH. Just doesn't make sense to me why Johnson or someone who can mash isn't in. Lewis grounds out weakly to short.
Cb3 I absolutely and we have talked about this before... Do not understand this stats affinity for this kid because he cannot hit the baseball!!!!

Here's the opposing relief pitcher with a 5.50+ ERA who comes in and deals.

So far he has just dotted fastball the entire freaking time. I have no freaking idea what the hell we are sitting on. These are at the knees and that is no fun, but they aren't going to get any better!

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I know there is probably no stat for it although I think they keep every stat Under the Sun nowadays... I'll bet you that we lead the nation and looking at call strikes and not get enough cuts at the bar

Cb3 I absolutely and we have talked about this before... Do not understand this stats affinity for this kid because he cannot hit the baseball!!!!

Well, I guess he gets a two out hit here and Shinn then follows it up with the same.

This is really mean, but Lewis hasn't really shown me anything as a baseball player. He has some speed, but it isn't murderous. He is poor in the outfield and hasn't really shown me anything in the middle infield. At the plate he isn't an average guy, hasn't shown a great eye... just nothing overly impressive throughout.

So, will they interview Lewis for the entire inning now that Auburn is hitting? That is annoying as heck. Why not interview him when Auburn is batting?

Maybe I am just angry today. lol

God, two hitters who can't hit the broad side of the barn (Lewis and Shinn) get back to back two out singles and of course we can't get them in. This team drives me insane

So, will they interview Lewis for the entire inning now that Auburn is hitting? That is annoying as heck. Why not interview him when Auburn is batting?

Maybe I am just angry today. lol

Like our Football team....this baseball team can make you very frustrated at times.

Unreal that we make a stupid error on a routine play. Better hope this doesn't bite us in the butt.

God, two hitters who can't hit the broad side of the barn (Lewis and Shinn) get back to back two out singles and of course we can't get them in. This team drives me insane
Comes down really to a lack of focus, just like Becker throws wide to a 6' 11 pitcher covering 1st.

Double play! Now get the freaking out with 2 outs and end this stupid inning!

The Cats don't play as well as an experienced team should play with basic throwing errors just about every game.

There ya go Hjelle man! Do it all on your own!

Now, we have the top of the lineup coming up. Here is a fun hint for you guys... this pitcher is going to throw fastballs at the knees... be ready for it.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Here we go Cats!!!! The Top of the order is coming up. Time to do some damage here with a pitcher with a ERA of 5 plus on the mound

Fastball at the knees on pitch number 2 to Pompey.... then he swings at a freaking off speed pitch away. What the freaking heck?! Pompey would have murdered that second pitch if he had gone after it. He draws a walk though.

SEC Network... stop being stupid and using the stupid camera angles. ESPN learned this with basketball. Just stick with what you know. We don't need a retarded ump cam.

Something that needs to be remembered here... This team swept Vanderbilt and outscored them 29-6. As I say that we are looking at another strike!!

Hate to rip on the SECN guys, but "he can tie this up with one swing" is kind of the mentality that gets UK in trouble at times. They don't particularly *need* a HR here. They need to string together 4-5-6 baserunners and keep the assembly line moving.

I know this guy throws gas, but we have to hit these fastballs. He has thrown three straight to Cottam and Cottam looked at one and then fouled off two. BASE HIT!! First and third!! Whew!

ADVERTISEMENT