ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones Thread

Jamie and the Hound (hoping to see him next episode) have the most interesting story arcs to me. Hell, you could throw Theon in there too, as there has to be redemption at some point, right? The entrance of the horde coming over the hill followed by the dragon has to be one of the coolest sequences in a show I've ever seen.

I got to agree about the Hord and dragons coming over the hill....what a scene!!!

Reactions: chroix
Theon is the character with literally NOTHING to lose. I think he will have some kind of a Gollum moment where he can end it all by being the one to jump into a fire to save someone important. He is a total D-bag tho...

So what's going to happen to Jamie? He was drowning at the end of the episode.

He obviously won't die so I wonder if he will either be captured, or presumed dead and left behind. Either way it opens the door for Ceresi to marry Euron and the valonqar prophecy to be fulfilled.
I got my money on him being captured and held prisoner.
Sooner or later I think he'll figure out that he's been fighting for the wrong side.

Sooner or later I think he'll figure out that he's been fighting for the wrong side.

I think he is starting to see Cersei for what she really is. How she practically blew off the their children in search of power, couple that with the position Daenery put herself in because her "child" was injured.

I love the show...LOVE it. But one of the biggest eyeroll moments for me was when Jon Snow met Dany. Here she is, having walked unharmed out of two massive fires, with three flying, fire-breathing dragons as her "children"...and she seems incredulous about the crazy talk of Whitewalkers.

Reactions: Hankshaker
I think he is starting to see Cersei for what she really is. How she practically blew off the their children in search of power, couple that with the position Daenery put herself in because her "child" was injured.
How did she blow off her children? She was devastated by their deaths.

There's one small problem. Bran obviously knows Jamie pushed him out of the tower in season one, paralyzing him. Wait until Sansa and Arya find out. Will all be forgiven, or will he be added to her "to do" list?

Reactions: chroix
I figured Arya was going to kill Jamie then wear his face to hill Cersei. I feel sort of dumb making predictions though knowing there's all sorts of spoilers out there so some people may know what actually happens.

How did she blow off her children? She was devastated by their deaths.

Jaimie questioned her about their son dying in episode 1 of this season. She said something to the effect of their all dead, and talking won't bring them back.

Seemed to me that she appears hellbent on power, and if her children died, then so be it.

I love the show...LOVE it. But one of the biggest eyeroll moments for me was when Jon Snow met Dany. Here she is, having walked unharmed out of two massive fires, with three flying, fire-breathing dragons as her "children"...and she seems incredulous about the crazy talk of Whitewalkers.

She never seen them.

And also she believes her dragon is stronger.

You have different perspective.

She never seen them.

And also she believes her dragon is stronger.

You have different perspective.
Also she didn't push them out in labor. There's a difference. Not saying dang doesn't care about her dragons, but before cersei started losing all her children she wasn't as ruthless as she has been. After two kids dead she blew up around 500 ppl

Also she didn't push them out in labor. There's a difference. Not saying dang doesn't care about her dragons, but before cersei started losing all her children she wasn't as ruthless as she has been. After two kids dead she blew up around 500 ppl

Huh?

before cersei started losing all her children she wasn't as ruthless as she has been. After two kids dead she blew up around 500 ppl

giphy.gif

Which came first. The dragon or the egg.

Last edited:
I was hopeful we would see a lot of Robert's Rebellion in flashback form this season. Would love to see the battle of Robert and Rhaegar

I was hopeful we would see a lot of Robert's Rebellion in flashback form this season. Would love to see the battle of Robert and Rhaegar

Meh.

Robert killed Rhaegar and rubies flew everywhere. Cool, but not flashback worthy.

I am disappointed that they didn't show the flashback of Ned Stark's brother and father with Aerys as prelude to Cersei killing the sandsnake while her momma watched.

If you go back and watch the first seasons cersei didn't hate Sansa and actually kill anyone until joeffery died (though she did plan the death of Robert)

You're correct. Jon Arryn was killed by Lysa Arryn at Littlefinger's request. Littlefinger and Varys knew Jon had discovered the Lannister secret and it would make everyone think the Lannisters while advancing Littlefinger's quest for power to be defacto Lord of the Vale and getting Ned Stark out of the way as well so that he could be with Catelyn and increase his power even more. That's why he made the statement that "Chaos is a Ladder" to Varys. And why you could see his reaction to Bran when Bran repeated those words back to him. He knows Bran knows that he is responsible for everything that has occurred because of Jon arryn's death

She'd already killed Jon Arryn before we met her after he figured out her kids were not Roberts. She also all but forced Jamie to push Bran out the window.

This might not make much difference in the grand scheme of things but Cersei was killing to survive as opposed to Ramsay and Geoffery and others. She also tried to talk Geoffery out of killing Ned Stark. In a weird way I can see a difference.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
She'd already killed Jon Arryn before we met her after he figured out her kids were not Roberts. She also all but forced Jamie to push Bran out the window.

Dead wrong, and Hankshaker got it right. Pretty much all your posts in this thread have been terrible, incorrect, or terribly incorrect. Suggest euthanasia as an option, or maybe just stop watching the series and posting about it. Up to you.

Hate to pile on but you're also wrong about cersei forcing Jamie to push bran out the window. Cersei while evil af now, was more tame compared to Jamie in season 1. Although Jamie's character arc is much more likeable now.

This might not make much difference in the grand scheme of things but Cersei was killing to survive as opposed to Ramsay and Geoffery and others. She also tried to talk Geoffery out of killing Ned Stark. In a weird way I can see a difference.
In the first seasons cersei doesn't do as much killing as people like to remember. Hell at one point she was ready to commit suicide with tomin.

Dead wrong, and Hankshaker got it right. Pretty much all your posts in this thread have been terrible, incorrect, or terribly incorrect. Suggest euthanasia as an option, or maybe just stop watching the series and posting about it. Up to you.

Bloody hell, now that you've killed me off I'll need Melisandre to bring me back.

So I got one wrong, at least that was the perception for years.

Reactions: entropy13
Slow down, I'll admit to forgetting about the updated Jon Arryn info but Cersi clearly says in a panic voice "He saw us" twice before Jamie pushes him out the window. Followed by his statement " the things I do for love"
Never heard her say throw him out the window. Maybe at that moment she was ready to tell the world her secret, because of Jamie we will never know.

In the first seasons cersei doesn't do as much killing as people like to remember. Hell at one point she was ready to commit suicide with tomin.

Ahem... :flush:.

You are talking about a character who as a child twisted her infant brother's genitals in his crib to torture him and probably killed the other girl who went to see the wood witch with her.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Cersei_Lannister#Early_life

In the first season of the show, Cersei sleeps with her cousin in order to have her husband murdered, betrays Ned Stark (the rightful regent of the kingdom until Robert's true heir becomes of age) to seize the throne for herself as Joffrey's regent, lies in order to have Ned's kids' wolves killed, etc.

If you are arguing that her saying to Jaime "HE SAW US!" is anything other than Cersei telling Jaime to kill Bran then I have utterly no idea what show you are watching.

Cersei has been a psychopath and sadist since birth. That much is obvious. She hasn't gotten more cruel over the course of the show, she has become more powerful and has had increasing opportunities to act out her cruelty.

Reactions: JohnBlue_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT