ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones Thread

Ahem... :flush:.

You are talking about a character who as a child twisted her infant brother's genitals in his crib to torture him and probably killed the other girl who went to see the wood witch with her.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Cersei_Lannister#Early_life

In the first season of the show, Cersei sleeps with her cousin in order to have her husband murdered, betrays Ned Stark (the rightful regent of the kingdom until Robert's true heir becomes of age) to seize the throne for herself as Joffrey's regent, lies in order to have Ned's kids' wolves killed, etc.

If you are arguing that her saying to Jaime "HE SAW US!" is anything other than Cersei telling Jaime to kill Bran then I have utterly no idea what show you are watching.

Cersei has been a psychopath and sadist since birth. That much is obvious. She hasn't gotten more cruel over the course of the show, she has become more powerful and has had increasing opportunities to act out her cruelty.
Didn't say she wasn't cruel said she didn't kill anyone which is true. Didn't really betray Ned they were already enemies more or less. Did have the dog killed though. I just like to argue the other point lol. And what else would you rather have cersei say when bran catches them, "hey Jamie there's a kid watching us bang so finish quick", if Sansa would've said that when Ramsey was banging her and Ramsey threw a kid out the window would that be Sansa's fault? There's an argument to be made that she got more cruel as her children died and she rose to power. Also she tried to stop Ned starks execution. Again I just like to debate

Didn't say she wasn't cruel said she didn't kill anyone which is true. Didn't really betray Ned they were already enemies more or less. Did have the dog killed though. I just like to argue the other point lol. And what else would you rather have cersei say when bran catches them, "hey Jamie there's a kid watching us bang so finish quick", if Sansa would've said that when Ramsey was banging her and Ramsey threw a kid out the window would that be Sansa's fault? There's an argument to be made that she got more cruel as her children died and she rose to power. Also she tried to stop Ned starks execution. Again I just like to debate

Sansa and Ramsey were married, not exactly the same circumstance as the queen screwing her brother. She never shed a tear when Bran was shoved out the window either.

She never lost a kid until she plotted to have her husband killed and then bypassed the chain of command to make sure her son took over. It was her fault he was in the position to be killed in the first place. That same event that you claim isn't that cruel lead to the war of five kings which lead to Tryrion shipping her daughter off to be wed and create an alliance with the Martell's.She never made it back alive thanks to Cersi wrongfully blaming her brother for Joffreys murder. She replaced Joffrey with her only other son then plotted to have his wife, the queen imprisoned which lead to her death and then the death of her last child.

Sansa and Ramsey were married, not exactly the same circumstance as the queen screwing her brother. She never shed a tear when Bran was shoved out the window either.

She never lost a kid until she plotted to have her husband killed and then bypassed the chain of command to make sure her son took over. It was her fault he was in the position to be killed in the first place. That same event that you claim isn't that cruel lead to the war of five kinds which lead to Tryrion shipping her daughter off to be wed and create an alliance with the Martell's.She never made it back alive thanks to Cersi wrongfully blaming her brother for Joffreys murder. She replaced Joffrey with her only other son then plotted to have his wife, the queen imprisoned which lead to her death and then the death of her last child.
Thanks for going over the plot, I never thought a show would build on itself. Yeah cersei is a ****, but she never directly kills anyone. And I just used Sansa for fun to show the dialogue can be interpreted differently due to character. But she did show a moment of sympathy for bran but then followed it what will they do when he wakes up. She's a plotter like little finger

Heck of show for sure with some good villains. Her and Little finger have pretty much owned the show thus far but I just keep thinking Varys is going to have part in all of it before it's over.

Thanks for going over the plot, I never thought a show would build on itself. Yeah cersei is a ****, but she never directly kills anyone. And I just used Sansa for fun to show the dialogue can be interpreted differently due to character. But she did show a moment of sympathy for bran but then followed it what will they do when he wakes up. She's a plotter like little finger
This might be a bit of a stretch but, did Hitler ever directly kill anyone? C'mon. She is directly responsible for a shit ton of deaths and war. The bitch is power hungry and evil. A great villain you love to hate.

Heck of show for sure with some good villains. Her and Little finger have pretty much owned the show thus far but I just keep thinking Varys is going to have part in all of it before it's over.
You truly never know who Varys is loyal to that's for certain

Dany about melted at the sight of Jon Snow a couple of times tonight. Poor Jorah survives a impossible disease giving everything he has to get back to dany in hopes of finally having her only to be friend zoned all over again.

All week long everyone was trying to figure out how Jamie could survive in such deep water with all that armor, I knew he'd wash up on shore like it was nothing, gold hand and all. He even swam a 1/4 mile, a real triathlon. TrueTV.

Gilly confirmed (read) about the Rhaegars annulment and secret marriage that all but proves Jon Snow is a true Targaryen and rightful heir to the throne.

Gilly confirmed (read) about the Rhaegars annulment and secret marriage that all but proves Jon Snow is a true Targaryen and rightful heir to the throne.
I like that they snuck that in there. Also was kind of sad to Sam leave the citadel.

Dany about melted at the sight of Jon Snow a couple of times tonight. Poor Jorah survives a impossible disease giving everything he has to get back to dany in hopes of finally having her only to be friend zoned all over again.

All week long everyone was trying to figure out how Jamie could survive in such deep water with all that armor, I knew he'd wash up on shore like it was nothing, gold hand and all. He even swam a 1/4 mile, a real triathlon. TrueTV.

I'm proud of you, JohnBlue, for taking my criticism to heart and posting a decent take. I mean, it was pretty basic, and all...but decent, nonetheless.

I like that they snuck that in there. Also was kind of sad to Sam leave the citadel.

Wasn't a huge fan of that. My man Samwell just packed up and left without taking full advantage of the opportunities at the Citadel.

(Also, never invite Sam over for a party because there is a 1,000% chance he's stealing something before he leaves.)

An old school re-arrange the board episode. After the first 4 episodes, I found this one to be a necessary let-down to get the pieces in order to finish the season.

I find the whole Let's Go Kidnap A Wight! Quest stupid. Even if the scheme works, Cersei is never going to abide by peace terms and go help fight the White Walkers. She's just going to let everyone else spend their resources on that fight and stab them in the back.

Tyrion is smarter than that. He's lost his fastball this season. Since when is the Imp the dumb one in the room? Bad writing.

I wish GRRM would actually finish Winds of Winter.

Wasn't a huge fan of that. My man Samwell just packed up and left without taking full advantage of the opportunities at the Citadel.

(Also, never invite Sam over for a party because there is a 1,000% chance he's stealing something before he leaves.)

An old school re-arrange the board episode. After the first 4 episodes, I found this one to be a necessary let-down to get the pieces in order to finish the season.

I find the whole Let's Go Kidnap A Wight! Quest stupid. Even if the scheme works, Cersei is never going to abide by peace terms and go help fight the White Walkers. She's just going to let everyone else spend their resources on that fight and stab them in the back.

Tyrion is smarter than that. He's lost his fastball this season. Since when is the Imp the dumb one in the room? Bad writing.

A)San seemed to really shine as a character at the citadel and it was interesting to see all the GOT knowledge in one central area.

B)Catching a white Walker seems like a really dumb idea to me as well. And you're right who would trust cersei at this point? Maybe Sansa.....

C) I agree the writing has been weak this season, but how about the jump Jon snow made from dragon stone to the wall in about 2 minutes. Also he couldn't have stopped into winterfell on the way? Tyrion has taken a backpage this season

Reactions: JohnBlue_
-Sam embodied every man who has ever wanted his woman to just stfu. I wonder for stuff like that if it's solely a nod to the audience or if it will be known/realized by the main characters at some point.

-Jon went to Eastwatch, not Castle Black, and did it via boat; Winterfell wasn't on the way.

-Next two episodes are the longest of the season. Believe I read 70 and 80 minutes.

-Is Littlefinger trying to undermine Sansa by showing everyone an old scroll she wrote that proves she was loyal to the Lannisters? Or trying to sow discord between her and Arya? Either way I'm pretty sure he's toast.

I wonder for stuff like that if it's solely a nod to the audience or if it will be known/realized by the main characters at some point.

I bet it will become known to the main characters early in next season, sort of like Jon's resurrection in Season 6.

Also, the more I think about last night's episode, the more disappointed I am. The Catch A Wight Quest is really, really stupid.

1) Sam got what he needed from the Citadel. There's really no time for him to continue his studies, at least not now. Action is needed.

2) I think you're right, Cersei might not assist the other forces in fighting the White Walkers, but I think that's where Jaime steps in, says "Look, b!tch, this is how it's gonna be..." quite possibly killing her if he has too, thus fulfilling the prophecy that the soothsayer told her as a child. Also, this would sort-of complete Jaime's redemption arc.

3) As for GRRM finishing Winds of Winter...you funny. ;) He's basically betrayed and abandoned his readership with innumerable delays, all the while taking on side projects. Not spending another dime on that POS's books.

Is Littlefinger trying to undermine Sansa by showing everyone an old scroll she wrote that proves she was loyal to the Lannisters? Or trying to sow discord between her and Arya? Either way I'm pretty sure he's toast.

Yes, to the first two. At least that's his plan, setting himself to step-in as the experienced adult wheeler-dealer to take command of the Northern forces (to go along with his titles of Lord Paramount of the Trident and Lord Protector of the Vale). I predict that while there is an initial confrontation between Sansa and Arya, they eventually clear the air. Sansa then out-Littlefingers Littlefinger, and Arya takes him out.

P.S.- I haven't read any of the leaked scripts. Just my takes as someone's who's read the books a few times combined with the character development seen during the show.

-Jon went to Eastwatch, not Castle Black, and did it via boat; Winterfell wasn't on the way.

Don't know if anyone pays attention to the opening monologue but all season they have shown the Wall and the water next to Eastwatch turns to ice. I noticed last night that it did not and sure enough they sailed it to get there. I don't know why they had it froze all season (I was thinking that was going to be how the WW got around the wall) and now switched back to open water.

Don't know if anyone pays attention to the opening monologue but all season they have shown the Wall and the water next to Eastwatch turns to ice. I noticed last night that it did not and sure enough they sailed it to get there. I don't know why they had it froze all season (I was thinking that was going to be how the WW got around the wall) and now switched back to open water.
Can't WW walk across bodies of water? Because the water would freeze right

-Is Littlefinger trying to undermine Sansa by showing everyone an old scroll she wrote that proves she was loyal to the Lannisters? Or trying to sow discord between her and Arya? Either way I'm pretty sure he's toast.
Fwiw this is what the scroll said that Arya found.

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.

Fwiw this is what the scroll said that Arya found.

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.

Yeah, that was from an earlier season. Cersei made Sansa write that to Robb, but he realized that she was forced to. I don't think Arya will fall for it, either.

Agreed. Just bad writing, and I can't figure out the purpose UNLESS they needed some play to get the WW's south of the wall. The gate was up, no clue if it stayed up or not, but in the preview for next week we saw them running for their life. Maybe that's how they get past the wall? It's a reach, but I can't think of any other reason for such a poor plot.

I don't see how Sansa's letter would effect Arya too much. She already knew Sansa was willing to sell out her family for Joffrey back in the day when she let wouldn't tell the truth about why joffrey got bit by the dire wolf.

Yeah, that was from an earlier season. Cersei made Sansa write that to Robb, but he realized that she was forced to. I don't think Arya will fall for it, either.

Yeah, I see Arya calling BS on that. And if she doesn't -- after all the rogue-ish training she's had -- it's a sad blow to her character arc. I note that because it wouldn't surprise me if they did that. They've kinda done it with Dany and Jaime at times. Maybe they just want everything to remain a bit ambiguous.

So the Suicide Squad goes beyond the wall, who comes back alive?

John for sure.
Thoros and Beric get iced.
Jorah, Gendy and Tormund maybe one of them will make it.

The Hound is a freaking survivor. He'll be MIA then show at Castle Black with walking dead in chains.
gross-zombie1.jpg

Follow up, if they can't walk on top of water why not under? They're already dead anyways

For the same reason Jamie can be trotting in 6 inches of water and then get knocked off his horse and suddenly go 20 under only to wash up a 1/4 mile away and on the other side even though he had 150 pounds of armor on and only one hand. It's TV and you make whatever boundary's you please and change them at any time.

There could also be some magic from the Wall playing a part too.

I have a gut feeling that when all is said and done, when all the wars have been fought and concluded, it will be Sansa sitting on the iron throne, not Dany or Jon Snow or a combination of the two.

Gilly discovered some important information. Rhaegar's first marriage was annulled, and that his marriage to Lyanna makes Jon Snow legitimate. It also elevates Sansa to be the heir of Winterfell since it will become known that Jon is not the son of Ned Stark. There was a scene tonight where some of the Northern houses thought Sansa should already be Lord of Winterfell.

Most people think it will be Jon or Dany when the smoke clears. I think both will die in the upcoming wars. That leaves Sansa.

A question to ponder is if it is not Sansa, why is she still in the show? At least Arya has a "to do" list to finish which I think will include Cersei.

What if the story ends up being all these people wipe each other out? I could see them doing some kind of crazy curveball ending.

I could see Martin doing that far more than the showrunners. He's always promised a bittersweet ending. My likeliest bet is an ending involving Jon and Dany falling in love, winning the war, setting Westeros on the path to democracy, and one of them (probably Dany) dying before the dream is realized.

Since Jon actually hates being in charge but is really good at it and Dany loves being in charge and is terrible at it, I'm assuming she is going to die.

Then Jon will be the Undead King Who Mourns for His Dead Queen or whatever.

The TV show is far, far more conventional, especially without Martin's books to draw from.

Wight Quest: :flush:

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
I'd love it if someone got killed by the white walkers, resurrected, then they took that character back to King's landing. Don't think it's possibly logically within the show... if they fight a battle and the night king resurrects everyone there's no way anyone should make it out alive. However, it's certainly a way they could get the hound back to kings landing for a battle with the mountain.

ADVERTISEMENT