ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones Thread

Spoiler alert: Jon Snow and Missandei get it on on the iron throne and birth the baby of light that kills all the white walkers.

Also Samwell goes on the Atkins diet.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
Winter is Cumming

15.jpg

Reactions: KYNC89
Watching Battle of the Bastards again. Damn, Ramsey was a great villain.

I've never watched an episode live, did the whole series last summer. Are there any viewing options out there for those of us with looser morals when it comes to intellectual property?

Great opening scene and great episode. Going to be fun to watch how it plays out.

While the books will always be better than the show, I think the showrunners are very smart by condensing everything for the last two seasons and killing off a lot of the characters so that there can be a comprehensible conclusion.

Also, hell yes to The Hound being front and center. He's a top 5 character for me.

Great episode. This season isn't messing around. Is Theon's uncle the big villain this season!

That nymeria reunion was decidedly unsatisfying. Expect they'll remedy that at some point with her rushing in to save arya with her pack.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Hilariously bad scene with Yara, Ellaria, and Theon. Glad most of the sand snakes are dead trophies, they're awful. Was hoping Momma snake would join them.

The writing has taken a nose dive over the past two seasons. Will hate watch from here on out.

Reactions: Nuke99m
Hilariously bad scene with Yara, Ellaria, and Theon. Glad most of the sand snakes are dead trophies, they're awful. Was hoping Momma snake would join them.

The writing has taken a nose dive over the past two seasons. Will hate watch from here on out.

I don't necessarily believe the tv show writing has taken a nose dive but it certainly has been highly hit and miss (DORNE! ARYA IN BRAVOS!).

Clearly it is easier for the writers to work from GRRM's material rather than have to extrapolate and go with what he tells them rather than what is written in the books.

I think the first two episodes of this season have been very strong. I also appreciate that the tv show runners are committed to finishing the story. With Martin, he's prone to putting in 200 pages of nonsense about Dany arguing in a pyramid that no one cares about and introducing Young Grif for no reason, etc. so the books will probably never be finished.

The show writers are at least parsing this down and getting it to an ending.

TV is never going to be as good as the books and I get the criticism against them, but on the hole I think they've done a great job, especially this season and the ending of last season.

Khaleesi and the Night's King will both roll into Kings Landing at about the same time. Idiot Cersi has one of the dragons killed with that giant harpoon, and the Nights King raises it back up as a zombie ice dragon. Game over for everybody, thanks for playing.

Khaleesi and the Night's King will both roll into Kings Landing at about the same time. Idiot Cersi has one of the dragons killed with that giant harpoon, and the Nights King raises it back up as a zombie ice dragon. Game over for everybody, thanks for playing.

A dragon glass harpoon will take out the ice dragon. Paper beats rock.

That harpoon is a joke. You'd have to hope the dragon hovers in one spot long enough for you to aim and fire. What a joke.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
That harpoon is a joke. You'd have to hope the dragon hovers in one spot long enough for you to aim and fire. What a joke.

Lure them into a net long enough to get a couple clean shots. A couple of Ewoks in a tree with swinging log pendulums.

A dragon glass harpoon will take out the ice dragon. Paper beats rock.
Dragon glass the most popular natural resource in GOT yet most the characters don't know what it is, and now I'm supposed to buy that they are going to mine the stuff. Kinda lame

Reactions: DSmith21
I think the first episode was pretty dumb with arya dressing and sounding like that old dude she killed last season. Her taking off that mask reminded me of
scoobydoo when the villain is unmasked towards the end.
I've been fine with the rest of the show so far, but that part seemed really dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT