ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS OAKLAND RD. 1 GAME THREAD**

I am finished with Kentucky basketball until the university finds the courage to get rid of this joke we have called a coach.

I knew it was over when we almost didn’t get the uncontested rebound on the missed front end. This team was fools gold and they proved it time and again. If they all run to the draft and the portal, I’ll lose all respect. This loss though? Very unsurprising.

I am finished with Kentucky basketball until the university finds the courage to get rid of this joke we have called a coach.

I hate it when those who don't normally have anything to post crashes the system after a loss. Where were your thoughts and opinions earlier in the season when it was obvious Cow was like a kid trying to drive a race car when it came to his coaching this team?

Reactions: catzcan
Where are the CCC defenders? Do you think they are any better at defense than a CCC coached team?

Reactions: catzcan
For the sunshine pumpers who will inevitably justify what we witnessed today, we are getting what you all asked for. Kentucky Basketball is done for until there is a coaching change.

Reactions: catzcan and tomrain
All the great talk about Reed Sheppard by the media resulted in Reed doing nothing. I can understand that sometimes your shots just don't fall, but when you are too afraid to take shots, you simple don't belong on the court. Heck, if you are going down, go down with a fight instead on lying on the floor in a fetal position.

Cow decided to start our worst possible lineup for the biggest game of the season. WOW! Yes, Tre eventually scored some points but in the first half when it mattered, he did nothing. Yes, I haven't forgotten that our projected top 5 pick took one miserable shot in the first half.

Reactions: tomrain
For the sunshine pumpers who will inevitably justify what we witnessed today, we are getting what you all asked for. Kentucky Basketball is done for until there is a coaching change.
After I finish unloading all of my frustrations on this board, I am done with UK basketball until we hire a competent coach. Someone who knows the game and isn't afraid to hire some assistant coaches with a clue.

All the great talk about Reed Sheppard by the media resulted in Reed doing nothing. I can understand that sometimes your shots just don't fall, but when you are too afraid to take shots, you simple don't belong on the court. Heck, if you are going down, go down with a fight instead on lying on the floor in a fetal position.
That was very disappointing. People talk about his defense but his biggest flaw to me is his mentality on offense . He didn’t aggressive enough considering how talented he was .

Site was down for the past 30 minutes.

I said it at the time it happened when we hit the 3 to cut the lead to 75-74 with 1:03 left Cal needed to call timeout. Instead Oakland wasted 11 seconds kicking the ball around before inbounding it and there was only 52 seconds left. At the end of the game there would been 15 seconds left down 4 instead of 4 seconds left.

Also Dilly why in the heck are you hedging off your guy in the corner the only shot that ends us is a 3 pointer even if they hit a 2 we would been down 3.

Despite them shooting out of the mind we had a chance when Reeves hit some incredible shots and it is a shame that Dilly hits the most amazing shot for us on the entire night then he gives up the game sealing 3.

Also Reed taking that 25 footer with a guy in his face I hated that go to the FN rim.

Anyway really tough to take ruins this season we had a great season with 4 top 10 NET wins and 3 away from home and this happens.

Truly shocking.

That was very disappointing. People talk about his defense but his biggest flaw to me is his mentality on offense . He didn’t aggressive enough considering how talented he was .
Unlike Oakland's best shooter, Reed allowed the opponent to dictate what he did. This kid isn't mentally ready for the NBA.

Unlike Oakland's best shooter, Reed allowed the opponent to dictate what he did. This kid isn't mentally ready for the NBA.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Now why the **** was the game clock running after that made basket? We just lost 10 seconds while the Oakland player was running the sideline. What?
The college rule is if the basket is made with more than 1 minute left then the clock will continue to run. It only stops if there is less than 1 minute left when the ball goes through.

This is why I said Cal should have called timeout when we made the basket with 1:03 left I knew it was still going to run. Just another coaching mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT