ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones Thread

Euron is the best character in a while.

Indeed. After a tepid introduction last season, he's been an utterly loathsome villain to mix things up. Already better than Ramsey, imo.

This season has been exceptionally strong so far, imo. Maybe the move to only make it 7 episodes was the right call. I'd obviously prefer 3 more episodes, but with fewer episodes there is less filler and every scene has to propel the narrative.

And with fewer characters, it is easier to follow for non-book readers.

I'm loving it so far.

Indeed. After a tepid introduction last season, he's been an utterly loathsome villain to mix things up. Already better than Ramsey, imo.

This season has been exceptionally strong so far, imo. Maybe the move to only make it 7 episodes was the right call. I'd obviously prefer 3 more episodes, but with fewer episodes there is less filler and every scene has to propel the narrative.

I'm loving it so far.
Seriously? Already better than Ramsey? Based on what?

I'm loving it so far.

False.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Seriously? Already better than Ramsey? Based on what?

The fact that Euron is actually sort of cool, for being a demented POS.

There was nothing cool or interesting about Ramsey. He was just evil and won by sheer willingness to be more of a psychopath than anyone else.

The fact that Euron is actually sort of cool, for being a demented POS.

There was nothing cool or interesting about Ramsey. He was just evil and won by sheer willingness to be more of a psychopath than anyone else.
Smh.. Ramsey and Joffrey were two of the greatest villains ever. I didn't even know eurons name until last week.

Ramsey holds the title as the most evil but he really accomplished much out of torturing women. He didn't capture Theon, he didn't take Winterfell. Most everything he had was given to him and he lost it all in his first battle as the boss.

Euron is a dgaf badass. He see's, he takes. Even though he's the bad guy you have to like his style. His interactions with Jamie are priceless. He's incredibly fast too. He left home sailed to KL and sailed up to intercept the Sand Snakes and back to KL. Then in the blink of an eye sailed all way around the world and met the Unsullied at C-Rock. I bet he's 10k miles away by the next episode.

ygritte-licking-lips-tonights-forecast-6-8-inches-of-snow.jpg

I think the first episode was pretty dumb with arya dressing and sounding like that old dude she killed last season. Her taking off that mask reminded me of
scoobydoo when the villain is unmasked towards the end.
I've been fine with the rest of the show so far, but that part seemed really dumb.

Did you miss the last few seasons where Arya studied the Many-Faced God under Jaqen H'Ghar and the Faceless Men?

A girl has no name, etc.

Reactions: Nubb16
Ramsey holds the title as the most evil but he really accomplished much out of torturing women. He didn't capture Theon, he didn't take Winterfell. Most everything he had was given to him and he lost it all in his first battle as the boss.

Euron is a dgaf badass. He see's, he takes. Even though he's the bad guy you have to like his style. His interactions with Jamie are priceless. He's incredibly fast too. He left home sailed to KL and sailed up to intercept the Sand Snakes and back to KL. Then in the blink of an eye sailed all way around the world and met the Unsullied at C-Rock. I bet he's 10k miles away by the next episode.
Ramsey did orchestrate the taking of Winterfell and the capture of Theon. He also beat Stannis in his first battle, albeit a weakened army. And would have beaten Jon Snow had the knights of the Vale not shown up.

From almost the first moments Ramsey or Joffrey appeared, we wanted them to die in horrible ways. Two of the best episodes ever were their deaths.

euron''s claim to fame? He threw his old brother off a bridge. And somehow, miraculously, built a new fleet of ships??

euron is the Bruce Bolton of this season.

I didn't recall that. I assume that is from his father's side since he is a bastard.

A lot of people seemed to have missed this very important plot piece.

Remember when Bran went back and saw his Dad?

Ned Stark isn't Jon's Dad. Jon thinks he is, though.

His real parents are Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen (via rape). As Lyanna was dying after childbirth, Ned promised to her that he would protect him.

Robert would've killed Jon if he knew he was Lyanna/Rhaegar's.

Reactions: DSmith21
I don't think there was rape involved with Lyanna and Rhaegar. Robert wanted to believe that and that she was kidnapped by Rhaegar but in fact Rhaegar and Lyanna were in love and he was already married to someone else so they ran off secretly and she got pregnant.

Agreed. Also, I'd like to point out that there is precedent for Targaryens having more than one wife, although by Rhaegar's time, that hadn't happened in a while. Still, makes on wonder if they weren't perhaps secretly married in front of a Weirwood tree. I also wonder if there might be something alluding to Lyanna and Rhaegar's relationship hidden in Lyanna's tomb in Winterfell.

Robert was the one who claimed Lyanna was abducted and raped by Rhaegar, so yeah, you guys are probably right that it wasn't rape.

That is an important fact, especially if entropy13's theory about them secretly getting married is true. That would mean Jon is not a bastard at all and has more of a claim to the Iron Throne than Dany.

Reactions: entropy13
Robert was the one who claimed Lyanna was abducted and raped by Rhaegar, so yeah, you guys are probably right that it wasn't rape.

That is an important fact, especially if entropy13's theory about them secretly getting married is true. That would mean Jon is not a bastard at all and has more of a claim to the Iron Throne than Dany.

Also, Jon Snow is going to rail his aunt.

I don't think there was rape involved with Lyanna and Rhaegar. Robert wanted to believe that and that she was kidnapped by Rhaegar but in fact Rhaegar and Lyanna were in love and he was already married to someone else so they ran off secretly and she got pregnant.

Some believe that Sam will stumble across the dissolution and re marriage records at the Citadel which would end up legitimizing Jon.

Ramsey did orchestrate the taking of Winterfell and the capture of Theon. He also beat Stannis in his first battle, albeit a weakened army. And would have beaten Jon Snow had the knights of the Vale not shown up.

From almost the first moments Ramsey or Joffrey appeared, we wanted them to die in horrible ways. Two of the best episodes ever were their deaths.

euron''s claim to fame? He threw his old brother off a bridge. And somehow, miraculously, built a new fleet of ships??

euron is the Bruce Bolton of this season.

Rob Stark and Roose Bolton orchestrated the taking of Winterfell.

Already said Euron isn't on the same level of evil and we don't want him dead yet but he is a much stronger character than either Joffery or Ramsey. They were given power, Euron took power. He's crazier than both of the others and doesn't care what he says, or how he acts. He is going to die probably soon but he is most enjoyable bad guy yet just because of his style.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Isn't Rhaegar the father of Dany? That would make Dany and Jon Snow half brother and sister, not Snow's aunt.
Rhaegar and Dany are (were?) brother and sister, hence Jon Snow being Dany's nephew if he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark.

Reactions: Nuke99m
Both Ramsey and Euron are cartoons. Over the top, chewing up scenery with some bad lines. You can have outlandish villains that work well (Ledger's Joker, Nickolson's Jack Torrence, Hopper's Frank Booth, etc) if the writing and directing can support it.

Best villains of the show, in no particular order, were/are Twyin Lannister, Roose Bolton, Walder Frey, Cersei Lannister.

But back on topic, the last episode, minus a few gripes (Dornish people are s'posed to be flamboyant and unafraid of death....yet the last sand snake was whimpering like a baby when her time came), was fantastic.

Episode leaked, it's all over the internet for anyone trying to watch ahead of time. (Reddit).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT