ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones Thread

Better alternative to the Not-So-Magnificent Seven going beyond the Wall to capture a wight (going directly at the main force of the undead army, no less!):

Step 1) Find someone in a Northern dungeon who committed a terrible crime and execute him beyond the Wall.

Step 2) Strap him down, wait for him to turn into a wight, and then transport him to the parley.

Step 3) Profit!

Reactions: JohnBlue_
It's not as simple as just dying behind the wall. A white walker has to raise the dead for them to become a wight.

The plan is just stupid all the way around.

Why not just get Dany's happy ass up on top of a dragon, let her ride it due North past Eastwatch-by-the-Sea and let her observe the undead horde herself? If she's feeling froggy, she can nuke some while she's up there.

I'm pretty sure that three dragons could wipe out the white walker army in less than a week and then she could go back to devoting her attention to defeating Cersei.

She is risking a handful of her best allies and warriors in order to (1) get proof of something she can easily and safely verify by herself from the back of a dragon and (2) have something to show to Cersei that will, I guess, convince her to either declare a short truce or join Dany's forces to go North to defeat the white walkers. Either option plays directly into Cersei's hands and lets Cersei know that the dragons will be directed elsewhere while she gets a chance to plot.

Just pure dumb.

It's not as simple as just dying behind the wall. A white walker has to raise the dead for them to become a wight.

John, Do you think Cersei might be about to double cross Jaimie? I wonder if she didn't set herself up to marry Euron with the little nugget she told Jaimie in the last episode.

Why not just get Dany's happy ass up on top of a dragon, let her ride it due North past Eastwatch-by-the-Sea and let her observe the undead horde herself? If she's feeling froggy, she can nuke some while she's up there.

I'm pretty sure that three dragons could wipe out the white walker army in less than a week and then she could go back to devoting her attention to defeating Cersei.

She is risking a handful of her best allies and warriors in order to (1) get proof of something she can easily and safely verify by herself from the back of a dragon and (2) have something to show to Cersei that will, I guess, convince her to either declare a short truce or join Dany's forces to go North to defeat the white walkers. Either option plays directly into Cersei's hands and lets Cersei know that the dragons will be directed elsewhere while she gets a chance to plot.

Just pure dumb.

No doubt it's the dumbest plan since Theon decided to take Wimterfell. The worst part is that its Tyrions ideal, they have sold his character short all season. No pun intended.

Reactions: Hankshaker
John, Do you think Cersei might be about to double cross Jaimie? I wonder if she didn't set herself up to marry Euron with the little nugget she told Jaimie in the last episode.

I wouldn't think so but will admit she hasn't been the same towards him since he lost his hand. She's a user and who ever can give her the most is probably who she will be with. The episode she dies in (if she ever does) will be my favorite no matter what else happens.

Just pure dumb.

Can they fly in a ice storm made by the Night King?
She could lose one fighting an unknown enemy that's more than mere slave masters and their thralls.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think so but will admit she hasn't been the same towards him since he lost his hand. She's a user and who ever can give her the most is probably who she will be with. The episode she dies in (if she ever does) will be my favorite no matter what else happens.

I thought she might feel his usefulness is done since their Army is apparently outgunned by the Dothraki and dragons. She gets pregnant by him to continue their pure Lannister bloodline, marries Euron and claims he's the father.

Reactions: JohnBlue_
No doubt it's the dumbest plan since Theon decided to take Wimterfell. The worst part is that its Tyrions ideal, they have sold his character short all season. No pun intended.

Exactly.

But the Theon storyline at least made narrative sense.

Theon at that point in the story was a young, cocky idiot with daddy issues. A stupid, treacherous scheme was exactly in line with his character. (Which is probably why GRRM wrote the storyline.)

But Tyrion coming up with a plot to send all the best warriors and leaders at his disposal to capture a wight for no real reason?

That's totally against his character and stupid. The only way it makes sense if he is actually spying on Dany and maintains secret Lannister ties and is trying to sabotage her.

And if that's true, they've spent two or three seasons demonstrating why Tyrion hates everyone of his family except Jaime and have given no foreshadowing or any other hint that he might hold the slightest bit of loyalty to House Lannister.

Bad writing.

Didn't notice the ravens drop, all I recall is Brandon getting startled and dropping the warhe connect
I thought she might feel his usefulness is done since their Army is apparently outgunned by the Dothraki and dragons. She gets pregnant by him to continue their pure Lannister bloodline, marries Euron and claims he's the father.

I can't agrue against that and for some reason I've been waiting for her to feel that way all season. You can tell she's not happy with him and there is nothing, not even family sacred to her. The only problem is that I've never seen anything that says something like that would happen.

Also, when picking a replacement a Greyjoy (weakest fighters in the 7 kingdoms) is about as pathetic of a choice that she could make. I've thought all along that by the end of the season she'll get what she wants from Yuron and kill him off, although it looks like that wont happen until next season. Cersi has gone full wacko now so anything is possible.

But Tyrion coming up with a plot to send all the best warriors and leaders at his disposal to capture a wight for no real reason?

That's totally against his character and stupid. The only way it makes sense if he is actually spying on Dany and maintains secret Lannister ties and is trying to sabotage her.

Bad writing.

The more we talk about this the worse it sounds. Tyrion, the same guy that told Jon he would have advised against coming to Dragonstone thought sending a few guys to wade through a army of thousands in hopes of catching one just doesn't fit the character they spent 6 seasons building. Of course he doesn't know a lot about the army of the dead and still might think it's fake.

It always amazing me in this series how little the key figures talk with each other even while you know they have been together for a long periods of time. I'm still trying to figure out why Jon won't tell the others he was stabbed, died, and brought back. Without that information being known he is traitor to the wall and should be executed by any house that comes across him. No one has even thought to ask "how you'd leave the wall, that's supposed to be for life" Dany might not know that but you know Tyrion does. The red woman was even at Dragonstone before Jon arrived. If I'd brought someone back to life, and wanted to show them something as proof of my power, pointing him out would have gone a long ways towards doing it.

Reactions: kritikalcat
All it takes to get Arrya hot and heavy is a Littlefinger hehe. I thought of that all by myself. But seriously, they f***.

Dumbasses at hbo aired the new episode in Spain by accident and now it's all over the internet. Look and you shall find it :scream: or stay away from social media unless you're good with spoilers.

Last edited:
Reactions: WalkersGoggles
i will say though that I wanted to cry. The dragons are my favorite characters

It was great episode.

I also completely disagree that the plan is stupid. Too many people's perspective is clueless because of what they are viewing it from.

I think there was some foreshadowing when they showed the Night King dropping those Ravens from the sky. I think it's how we get ice dragon.
gz5oeY.gif

The dead are a very industrious people. Just goes to show what good leadership and a complete buy in can accomplish. Say what you will about Night Kings, they are excellent organizers.
I've got a map that proves you otherwise. Jon snows traveled something like 2000 miles compared to the white walkers 20 miles all season. Making Jon snow 100x more efficient

The dead are a very industrious people. Just goes to show what good leadership and a complete buy in can accomplish. Say what you will about Night Kings, they are excellent organizers.
They are also incredible at blacksmithing and logistics to get multiple massive chains into the middle of the Artic right in time to save the only recently dead dragon in the universe.

Holy shit have the last two episodes been utterly terrible. Maybe this is why GRRM will never finish Winds of Winter.

Reactions: funKYcat75
These "terrible" episodes y'all are talking about are still better than 90% of TV

It's actually been pretty good. some of the ideas I seen on here are laughable.

People want to criticize for the sake of criticizing. That's usually how it goes.

I would also say it's like 98% better than most TV shows.

Reactions: WonderBraa
These "terrible" episodes y'all are talking about are still better than 90% of TV

This is supposed to be the culmination of one of the best tv shows ever and it is suddenly starting to have its characters start doing completely illogical, uncharacteristic things.

Episode 6 is absolute shit. Just running diabetic crap.

The effing Night King can just hurl spears and take down a dragon at will?

The wights are no longer an undead horde and are now the ultimate foot soldiers with effing massive chains appearing out of nowhere?

The wights just surround Kool & The Gang for days on end because they are scared of some dodgy ice?

Episode 6 is absolutely terrible and stupid. After a fantastic first four episodes, this thing is dangerously close to going off a cliff.

haven't watched the new episode but you have to remember they are trying to shorten the series I think they said this season and next then its over.

They are also incredible at blacksmithing and logistics to get multiple massive chains into the middle of the Artic right in time to save the only recently dead dragon in the universe.

Holy shit have the last two episodes been utterly terrible. Maybe this is why GRRM will never finish Winds of Winter.
Aww...buddy. You're mad that the undead people that were resurrected by some ice kings north of an impossibly massive wall, that have a huge undead army that attacks the world every few hundred years and terrifies everyone found some chains?

This is supposed to be the culmination of one of the best tv shows ever and it is suddenly starting to have its characters start doing completely illogical, uncharacteristic things.

Episode 6 is absolute shit. Just running diabetic crap.

The effing Night King can just hurl spears and take down a dragon at will?

The wights are no longer an undead horde and are now the ultimate foot soldiers with effing massive chains appearing out of nowhere?

The wights just surround Kool & The Gang for days on end because they are scared of some dodgy ice?

Episode 6 is absolutely terrible and stupid. After a fantastic first four episodes, this thing is dangerously close to going off a cliff.

they aren't "scared" of the ice in that way. The white walkers are controlling the wights and I took that as a strategy. Wait and see if Jon Snow and team die from the cold or wait for the ice to freeze. Reduce the amount of army lost that way.

Aww...buddy. You're mad that the undead people that were resurrected by some ice kings north of an impossibly massive wall, that have a huge undead army that attacks the world every few hundred years and terrifies everyone found some chains?

Lol great post

they aren't "scared" of the ice in that way. The white walkers are controlling the wights and I took that as a strategy. Wait and see if Jon Snow and team die from the cold or wait for the ice to freeze. Reduce the amount of army lost that way.
A) they were hoping dragons would come

B) could you imagine how beastly that crew would be as undead walkers?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT