ADVERTISEMENT

Forde & Thamel: Is Zion Williamson the new Cam Newton? Why Duke's star could face eligibility issues

Here is the problem with these kind of reports. Either believe all of them or believe none. But keep in mind Kentucky players have been mentioned as being too high priced as well.
Just can’t gave it both ways unless you want to just see negative everywhere.

It’s all or nothing, huh? One on one conversations and offhand third party rumors are exactly the same. Must be an interesting world you live in. What part of Louisville was that again?

If the NCAA did that to only those who have been named in this trial, there would be thousands more who got paid and would be playing this upcoming season at most school - except for Kentucky, of course, because what goes on between agents and shoe companies and high school recruit's handlers only happens with other school's players.
You have argued nonstop that KU coaches didn't know anything,everybody else is cheating so why single out KU and a dozen other arguments that make about as much sense as trying to argue that 2+2 doesn't equal 4.

How about this the KU staff found out about the FBI investigation and made up the story about Preston missing a class so he didn't play the first game or so.It gave them time to come up with a plan to keep them off the hook. They staged the auto accident to distance themselves from the money.

Three months later they team up with the same guy to bring de Sousa are they that stupid,that crooked or just don't think the NCAA will touch them

If a player is named in this and he is about to begin play in a new season of college basketball the NCAA should declare him ineligible until his status is sorted out

I can't be any more clear. The particular innocence or guilt isn't the point.
Very condescending.

I can write on a piece of paper that I gave"GonzoCat90" $500 and a court of law would wipe their ass with it. That's not your real name (I'm guessing), so aside from a receipt or a text message discussing the transaction, then how does anyone know for sure if it happened? Is my position regarding why I think "BAM" is innocent. Is this "any more clear" ( [eyeroll] ) now?

Last edited:
Very condescending.

I can write on a piece of paper that I gave"GonzoCat90" $500 and a court of law would wipe their ass with it. That's not your real name (I'm guessing), so aside from a receipt or a text message discussing the transaction, then how does anyone know for sure if it happened? Is my position regarding why I think "BAM" is innocent. Is this "any more clear" ( [eyeroll] ) now?

You claim I'm being condescending and then still completely miss the point being discussed.

So no, despite your snark, it isn't anymore clear because that's not what we're actually talking about.

I agree that we don’t KNOW Duke cheated in regard to Zion. You could just as easily argue that Zion was scared off of having his hand out because of the FBI scandal, and chose Duke because they are Duke.

But I’m fairly sure Nike bought and delivered Bagley to Duke last year.

Then there’s Lance Thomas. Corey Maggette.

I haven’t read this whole thread, and I’m not trying to jump into an argument. But I will say that it doesn’t have to be all one way or all another. I believe a lot of us here are sharp enough to make out some the shades of gray.

That's my point. Threads like this erase any of those shades of gray. My original post in the thread said let's wait and see what else comes out.

I think an investigation will tell us how Zion ended up at Duke. But until then we've got the text message from a liar to a liar. I don't think that's enough. That's my stance. Apparently it's controversial.

Reactions: Aike
It’s all or nothing, huh? One on one conversations and offhand third party rumors are exactly the same. Must be an interesting world you live in. What part of Louisville was that again?
It is funny watching posters quote a report that team x is cheating and then denying that team y cheats when mentioned by the same agent, report, article.
All or nothing? No. But you have to see the problem.

Directive to Duke, Kansas, and all other D-1 schools: Tell the NCAA to stick it until the hammer the biggest cheats of all time...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT