ADVERTISEMENT

The Roster Revamp is likely a positive.

Cats192

All-American
Apr 22, 2011
We were going to have 6, maybe 7 freshmen. We were going to have 2-3 returning players. We were only going to have room for a few transfers. The freshmen class isn't as good as last year's.

People are saying "Well, you got what you wanted. We don't have any players."

Cool. The next coach will bring in their recruiting class. They'll bring in guys from their program. And they'll be able to bring in several portal guys.

I actually think portal guys may get more excited about a Kentucky program undergoing a fresh start. Cal

We were going to have 6, maybe 7 freshmen. We were going to have 2-3 returning players. We were only going to have room for a few transfers. The freshmen class isn't as good as last year's.

People are saying "Well, you got what you wanted. We don't have any players."

Cool. The next coach will bring in their recruiting class. They'll bring in guys from their program. And they'll be able to bring in several portal guys.

I actually think portal guys may get more excited about a Kentucky program undergoing a fresh start. Cal
Imagine being able to watch organized basketball and God forbid even a defensive adjustment other than run or go.

I don’t even mind having an “off year” or two as long as the program moves in a positive direction.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
We need a culture change where there isn’t a complete rebuild every year. Not just accumulate talent and see what happens. Get players who stick and improve here.

Also get a coach that has a system and recruits to it. Doesn’t have to reinvent the playing style every year.

Depending on who the next coach is, I there's there's a chance DJ, Reed, and Z stay. How likely? Probably not very, but I don't think it's out of the question.
If Reed wasn't from KY would you all still be living with this fantasy? Guy is going pro.

We e had a roster revamp just about every year Cal has been here, why is this one any different, just hopefully someone who can get the most out of them and who’ll manage the roster well will be leading them.

Reactions: dl51344
Just need the hire to be this week.... I'm sure several top transfers are waiting to see what happens with this coaching search.

Reactions: Jazzycat
We are used to having a roster full of great players. I want a roster full of a great TEAM. This year was as closed to that as we could get, and I think coaching is what screwed this one up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT