ADVERTISEMENT

That Loss Was Costly Seeding Wise

jedwar

Dec 30, 2002
Rex, KY
We were in the drivers seat for a 3 seed. Now it's almost certainly a 4. IMO that is a huge difference.

The 1s and 2s are set imo.

East
UConn
ISU

South
Houston
Tennessee

Midwest
Purdue
Marquette

West
UNC
Arizona

That leaves Illinois, Auburn, Creighton, Duke, Baylor and UK for the 3s. I think we get left out and deservedly so.

I think we could still grab the last 3 seed.
And that is a huge difference. Would much rather not have to play a 1 until elite 8, if we get there.

We were in the drivers seat for a 3 seed. Now it's almost certainly a 4. IMO that is a huge difference.

East
UConn
ISU

South
Houston
Tennessee

Midwest
Purdue
Marquette

West
UNC
Arizona

That leaves Illinois, Auburn, Creighton, Duke, Baylor and UK for the 3s. I think we get left out and deservedly so.
Arizona lost last night and there are a lot of games today that can influence some minor changes.

I’d agree we are a 4, though, with a hair-thin outside chance of a high 3 depending on several games today. But a 4 seems most likely.

Reactions: jedwar

East
UConn
ISU

South
Houston
Tennessee

Midwest
Purdue
Marquette

West
UNC
Arizona

If Illinois or Auburn lose today, Kentucky has a chance at a 3 seed, but I bet they still give it to Duke over us

Rank 'em:

TEAM #1

wlD6Um6.png

TEAM #2

ZFwv4i7.png

TEAM #3:

bNvLPh2.png

TEAM #4

0VvGWaZ.png

TEAM #5:

ajQmzyb.png

TEAM #6:
2ctKb5D.png

TEAM #7
iIXI5ia.png

TEAM #8
DD8Jf3S.png

While I agree we deserve what we get…

Duke has 2 quad 1 wins… we have 6
Worse SOS than us… UK about 25 spots higher

Their best wins pale in comparison to UK.

I have zero problem with Illinois, Baylor and Creighton being ahead…

But not Duke!

Jed it really doesn’t matter at this point. You could give Calipari a 1 seed automatically every year and he wouldn’t make his way through it. His methods are out dated and really bad for this time in CBB.

I’ve never in my life seen anything like this at Kentucky. It’s over, we keep him we go down as a dominant program. It’s not going to work both ways.

Even if he somehow lucked his way into a FF, he still needs to go. We’ll lose all of our records slowly year to year if we don’t.

East
UConn
ISU

South
Houston
Tennessee

Midwest
Purdue
Marquette

West
UNC
Arizona

Tons of updates have us a 3 still. Tennessee lost, Arizona lost, Baylor lost, Creighton lost, Kansas lost and Duke lost. Most likely we are a 3, no worse than a 4. Only thing the loss cost us was an outside chance at a 2.

If Mississippi State wins the SEC Tournament, that should move their win from a Quad 2 to a Quad 1, giving us a 7-7 Q1 record. Plus, it would mean Auburn would add another loss, making their Q1 record 1-8.

Best case scenario, from a numbers perspective, would be Florida v. Mississippi St. in the SEC Tournament finals, with Mississippi State winning it.

Here are my #1s:
Houston
UConn
Purdue
North Carolina

Here are my #2s:
Arizona
Tennessee
Iowa St.
Marquette

Here are my #3s:
Creighton
Baylor
Duke
Kentucky

Even if Auburn wins out, I still think we get the last #3. If we get a #4, let it be in UNC's region. I'd rather have a #4 in UNC's region than a #3 in Iowa St. or Marquette's region.

If Mississippi State wins the SEC Tournament, that should move their win from a Quad 2 to a Quad 1, giving us a 7-7 Q1 record. Plus, it would mean Auburn would add another loss, making their Q1 record 1-8.

Best case scenario, from a numbers perspective, would be Florida v. Mississippi St. in the SEC Tournament finals, with Mississippi State winning it.

Here are my #1s:
Houston
UConn
Purdue
North Carolina

Here are my #2s:
Arizona
Tennessee
Iowa St.
Marquette

Here are my #3s:
Creighton
Baylor
Duke
Kentucky

Even if Auburn wins out, I still think we get the last #3. If we get a #4, let it be in UNC's region. I'd rather have a #4 in UNC's region than a #3 in Iowa St. or Marquette's region.
That SEC final will count for nothing but window dressing.

We are still likely a 3 seed. What was really lost was the experience for the fans and that breaks my heart. Those fans that made the trip deserved better

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1

East
UConn
ISU

South
Houston
Tennessee

Midwest
Purdue
Marquette

West
UNC
Arizona

Sorry UJ,

tumblr_lyy56ljH401qedb29o1_500.gif

Even if a finger was pointed and it was stated from on High UK would win, Cal would STILL muck it up...

A team with multiple lottery picks and more than 5 future nba players = a 4 seed .. same coach that is now 1-5 in his last SECT games .. sad times . He has to be let go

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Won’t matter either way with cal on the sidelines unfortunately. Can guarantee starting out down 10 or so and then trying to claw back.

Honestly I hope they lose first weekend, next year’s team is composed entirely of Chris Livingston type players. Maybe a 20-15 mark will get rid of him.

Reactions: dcw62
Kentucky has the look of a #4 seed. Top 5 team on offense, bottom 5 team in defense. The average probably puts this team somewhere around #15 so, a 4 seed seems appropriate IMO.

East
UConn
ISU

South
Houston
Tennessee

Midwest
Purdue
Marquette

West
UNC
Arizona

The team I saw last night deserves a 5-6.

East
UConn
ISU

South
Houston
Tennessee

Midwest
Purdue
Marquette

West
UNC
Arizona

Watch Calipari cry about how unfair our bracket is, when it was his fault we lost to A&M and dropped a seed line.

The guy is a punchline now.

Duke v/s UK (Duke has been talked in the 2/3 seed all year)

Quad 1A wins (best of quad 1)

Duke(1) - Baylor #14
UK (4) - UNC #7, UT #6, Auburn #5, Alabama #9

Bad losses :

Duke - Arkansas #115 / Georgia Tech #127
UK - LSU #95, UNCW #118
The UK loss to UNCW is sandwiched right between the losses to Arkansas and Georgia Tech by Duke.

Not counting Duke's win over Michigan St. (#25 neutral floor), also not counting UK's over Florida (#28 on the road).

Outside of the mentioned Baylor (#14) and Michigan State (#25), Duke's quad 1 wins : Pitt (#41 away) Virginia Tech (#60 away), and NC State (#68 away)
UK's - Miss. State (32 away), the home Miss. State win is Quad2) (not counting @ Florida (#28 Away)

East
UConn
ISU

South
Houston
Tennessee

Midwest
Purdue
Marquette

West
UNC
Arizona

Precisely, but Cal can get home to his dogs quicker this way and prepare for draft night.
You know, what's really important.

• Haha
Reactions: TOMCATS1990
The seeding is irrelevant for this team. The goat game againstt a 13 seed will be battle with the outcome far from certain. UK will certainly be a trendy upset pick in the opening round. A team like Mcneese St or Sanford or James Madison or whomever would present a challenge.

I'm not sure why everybody is so scare of UCONN. They are good but so is all of the 1 seeds.
I actually want UCONN in our bracket just for the chance at revenge. I doubt we make it past round 2 though so it really doesn't matter.

I never thought this team would make it past round 2 even when the radio guys and vegas started raising our odds to win it all and all this BS.

The truth is everybody fell in love with the team because we shoot the 3 really well and put up points which makes it entertaining, add on the fact that we have a legacy kentucky boy as our best player.

But the fairy tale everybody wants is NOT happening. I'd love to eat crow and maybe we get lucky and just outscore everyone on the way to a final four.. ... but there's NO CHANCE IN HELL, that this team wins 6 straight games with the defense we have, I have no hope for that.

That said, if we do make an elite 8, i'd love a chance to knock out uconn for revenge for the times we gave them 2 natty titles.

Just hoping for the Midwest or West region, if that’s the case the 3 or 4 seed won’t matter as much

It would not matter if UK was a 1 Seed or a 16 the number of NCAA Tournament wins this team gets at the Most is 1.

Kentucky was a #3 seed if they just win 1 SEC tournament game..........they lost they will be likely a #4 seed now.

A damn shame I tell you especially with that home crowd in Nashville. A better crowd then inside Rupp in fact.

Strange but true Kentucky has been a better true road team this year then a home team.

Went 7-3 in true road games with huge wins at Tenn, Auburn, Florida and Miss State this year but let the home games go by the boards including last night which was basically a home game.

Truly mind boggling.

Swear this team plays better as the underdog. If they somehow survive first 2 rounds, I like their chances to make ff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT