ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Virginia Union

Duke will have 10 losses, but when they play us Barrett will score 40, Zion will hit 6 3’s, and Bolden will play like Kareem. They have 3 players and will have zero players in foul trouble, we go 10 deep and 8 will be in foul trouble. We should win, but strange crap will happen when we play Duke

I’m not going to look at it with total blue tint glasses. Reddish Barrett and Zion are very good. Against most teams duke might not need depth bc the other team might have their best players in foul trouble but I think we are too deep for them in November at least. They are young and do have tremendous upside

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Two things to note:

1. Duke has great athleticism and can dunk really well when wide open.

2. Duke is not very good defensively at this point, especially keeping the other team out of the lane. Lowly Virginia Union is taking it inside almost every possession.

Man the depth of UK is going to really hurt Duke. RJ and Zion are the best players but if Jones gets in foul trouble they are in a world of trouble. Goldwire is a third string guy at best. I can see RJ Zion and Reddish getting buckets early in the game (only a blind fan will think that can’t happen) but it’s later in the first and mid second that will hurt them when that fatigue sets in with RJ having to guard Keldon/ Herro/Quade, Zion with PJ/Reid (good lord the physical toll that will take just from banging) and Reddish with PJ/EJ/Keldon

You say that like RJ, Zion, and Reddish will be putting forth effort on defense.

Duke is sleepwalking right now because they are so much better. When the bright lights are on in Indy on November 6th, expect the defensive focus to be top notch.

Jack White and Javin are quality bench pieces for us.

Duke is sleepwalking right now because they are so much better. When the bright lights are on in Indy on November 6th, expect the defensive focus to be top notch.

UK will win by 10+.

No team that starts 4 freshman will be great on defense to start the season. Take it from the experts here.

It"ll be interesting; UK has more depth but Duke has the 3 best players. Foul trouble and outside shooting could decide this heavyweight battle.

Duke has the 3 highest ranked players. I think it's safe to say that Duke has THE best player in Barrett. Not saying that we have anyone player better than Zion or Cam but its yet to be determined. I agree with your 2nd point though about what could be the difference in the game.

And when I say Jones looks average I mean average as far as offensively (scoring) so far. Looks good as a set up guy and not making many mistakes

Duke will have to slow the game down and play a zone to stay competitive. Kentucky is shooting like 40% from three in all of our exhibitions/scrimmages so far though. Duke has some length on the perimeter in Barrett and Reddish that could make it tougher.

Kentucky is better conditioned and deeper from what little I’ve seen so far.

I just don’t think this duke team will be able to hang with us this early in the season but I’ve been wrong before.

Reactions: wcc31
These two weeks need to go fast. I wanna shut the country up like we did 15 when we curbstomped Kansas.

I find if hilarious the announcers praising k but talking about how hard it is to teach d in 8 months for 1 and done as an excuse to why they have been pathetic on d.
I can think of someone who has got his teams of one and dones playing d early and often. I think his name is John? No mention of him

Duke will have to slow the game down and play a zone to stay competitive. Kentucky is shooting like 40% from three in all of our exhibitions/scrimmages so far though. Duke has some length on the perimeter in Barrett and Reddish that could make it tougher.

Kentucky is better conditioned and deeper from what little I’ve seen so far.

I just don’t think this duke team will be able to hang with us this early in the season but I’ve been wrong before.

Don’t forget these guys and their influence...

ref-inset02.jpg

This is realistic. The post someone put about the Duke top guys not being that good 5 years down the road based on some past duke players is laughable and extremely tinted

I’m not going to look at it with total blue tint glasses. Reddish Barrett and Zion are very good. Against most teams duke might not need depth bc the other team might have their best players in foul trouble but I think we are too deep for them in November at least. They are young and do have tremendous upside

Nope. On actual impact. PJ Washington and Reid Travis are better. I'd say Herro what he has shown is not too far behind.

Now if you're basing it on NBA 5 years down the road. Well. I'd still put UK guys upfront. Becaue Duke guys in the NBA suck ass

Not trying to diss Travis, but in the Bahamas and scrimmage I think Washington, Johnson, Herro, and Richards all look better than Travis. It is really more of a compliment to those players than knock on Travis. Travis reminds me of a Josh Harrelson. Beefy rebounder who plays below the rim but is crafty and hit open shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT