ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Virginia Union

Thank you. Watching now. Wanna watch some college b-ball. And interested in seeing jones and reddish play.

Virginia union d2. The fighting Ben Wallace’s

Bolden is so damn bad. Watched the last 7 or 8 min. Reddish hit a couple 3's. Their D is so bad. They pressure all over the floor and play no help. That rat will have to zone to avoid foul trouble on his precious 3.
Zion just goes for steals to get run out dunks.
Could be ugly for them in Indy.

Bolden is so damn bad. Watched the last 7 or 8 min. Reddish hit a couple 3's. Their D is so bad. They pressure all over the floor and play no help. That rat will have to zone to avoid foul trouble on his precious 3.
Zion just goes for steals to get run out dunks.
Could be ugly for them in Indy.
I’ve already predicted a 12-point win and an inconsolable Dick Vitale.

Duke is hitting some 3s, reddish and Barrett are threats. The other few who have hit won’t be playing big minutes

So far they don’t really have to play d and are not. If they play d like this, we will score 100.

They have Been impressive on a talent standpoint. The big 3 have been really good so far

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
One thing is shooting wide open set shots while shooting over smaller opponents; it's quite another to get those looks against length and quickness. I hope Duke falls in love with the three this year because they have no post offense or defense.
Defense has been an issue for a while.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I can’t say they will play like this when playing better teams but tonight they are way better and know that and are taking the easy way out by shooting 3s. It’s looks like they are not interested in trying to drive and move the d for a better shot

It is an exhibition so part of that could be to just not get hurt

they are Looking to out talent them in transition and if that’s not getting buckets they are driving once, kicking and shooting a 3

To their credit they are good in transition. I’m trying to look at this with giving them the benefit of the doubt of it just being an exhibition. They are also up by almost 20 at the half.

One thing is shooting wide open set shots while shooting over smaller opponents; it's quite another to get those looks against length and quickness. I hope Duke falls in love with the three this year because they have no post offense or defense.
Very true. Barrett and radish hour OK long range shooters but not great at all. If our guys guard them aggressively, it will take s lot of luck for them to have a decent shooting game.

As a former player I can tell you a player doesn’t play to not get hurt. They are doing what here are doing because they don’t know how to play against a college zone yet, coaches don’t work on playing against a zone much.

On another note, I’ve said since watching both teams in the preseason that UK should win by at least 10

I can’t say they will play like this when playing better teams but tonight they are way better and know that and are taking the easy way out by shooting 3s. It’s looks like they are not interested in trying to drive and move the d for a better shot

It is an exhibition so part of that could be to just not get hurt

I think depth at the guard will be our great advantage in 2 weeks. Jones hasn’t showed me a lot to be impressed with but even if he is as good as espn wants us to believe how effective will he be playing 30+ min (later in the 2nd) when Hagans/quickly has only played 18-20 min with fresher legs picking up 3/4 court

Transition will be Dukes strength like any athletic team and in the half court it will have to be RJ scoring or Zion taking advantage of his combination of size, strength and quickness.

I’m not sure why K is having them press considering they have zero bench when it comes to scorers other than Alex. Trae Jones is decent but clearly not as good as his brother at this point, he doesn’t seem to be able to constantly keep the guard in front of him and struggles on screens but that has a lot to do with the bigs being bad at helping on that.
RJ is doing what I expect and that’s score, he should have very little issue getting points not matter who he plays against although some games his shooting percentage won’t look that good.

Man Bolden is so bad. He was bad Vs the Canadian guys and just as bad if not worse against VU, even Duke fans are calling him bad so that’s saying something.

Man the depth of UK is going to really hurt Duke. RJ and Zion are the best players but if Jones gets in foul trouble they are in a world of trouble. Goldwire is a third string guy at best. I can see RJ Zion and Reddish getting buckets early in the game (only a blind fan will think that can’t happen) but it’s later in the first and mid second that will hurt them when that fatigue sets in with RJ having to guard Keldon/ Herro/Quade, Zion with PJ/Reid (good lord the physical toll that will take just from banging) and Reddish with PJ/EJ/Keldon

ADVERTISEMENT