ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Express Mock Draft: #13 PJ, #16 Herro, #23 KJ

Apr 28, 2015
Draft Express has a new mock draft as of yesterday and has PJ going #13 to the Miami Heat, Tyler Herro going #16 to the Orlando Magic and KJ going #23 to the Utah Jazz

On PJ: "Miami has a clogged salary sheet and very little star power to show for it, making this an important draft. A rebuild might be around the corner, considering this aging roster and the limited options for improvement in the short term.

With Bam Adebayo likely being suited to seeing significant minutes at the center position, it's difficult to point to another long-term option at the power forward spot that the team can build around, which could make a player in Washington's mold make sense.

Washington has the length to defend multiple positions on the interior, he can stretch the floor from the perimeter and he brings plenty of long-term upside. His toughness and versatility will fit well on any team."

On Herro: "The Magic cycled through backcourt options all season. Although point guard is more of a long-term need, they have Markelle Fultz waiting in the wings and will need to think about Terrence Ross' impending free-agency situation.

Adding a combo guard such as Herro -- who can play pick-and-roll, make shots while set or on the move and bring competitiveness and feel -- makes a lot of sense."

On KJ: "With rotation wing players Kyle Korver and Thabo Sefolosha both in their mid-to-late 30s and not a great deal of depth behind them, the Jazz might consider adding another small forward they can start grooming to eventually play their style of basketball.

EVP Dennis Lindsey has long valued toughness, versatility and 3-point shooting -- all strengths for Johnson. Although his struggles creating offense off the dribble caused his stock to fall somewhat, Johnson won't need to be much of a ballhandler on this team in the short term."

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/st...-mock-draft-first-round-movement-latest-intel

Reactions: WildMoon
I just read an article saying Herro really impressed Boston today hitting 80 out of 100 threes! They own the 14th pick! If they think he’ll be gone before their next pick at 20 he could get picked at 14!

I just read an article saying Herro really impressed Boston today hitting 80 out of 100 threes! They own the 14th pick! If they think he’ll be gone before their next pick at 20 he could get picked at 14!
The narrative coming out of the combine that his wingspan was going to hurt his stock was pretty dumb. All the scouts, teams and analysts knew his wingspan was bad before the year even started so I'm not surprised his stock could be rising

Reactions: WildMoon
I want to know why KJ was told he'd be a late lottery pick for about... I don't know, 7 months? Yet 5 days after the deadline he drops almost 10 spots. How was this info not known weeks ago?

I want to know why KJ was told he'd be a late lottery pick for about... I don't know, 7 months? Yet 5 days after the deadline he drops almost 10 spots. How was this info not known weeks ago?
But if he goes to the Jazz it might be a better situation than lottery ! He’ll go to a play off team with two aging SFs

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
It's crazy to think that someone would feed him wrong information, or possibly phone a favor to an NBA GM to tell KJ that he's more valuable than he is to ensure he stays in the draft..

But would it shock you, seeing what we know about college athletics as a whole?

Reactions: CatfanMike47

Man.. talk about 3 teams i will probably never watch. Just boring teams, IMO.

If only he’d hit that percentage against Auburn. It’s different when your being defended in a very competitive game.

If only he’d hit that percentage against Auburn. It’s different when your being defended in a very competitive game.
But in the NBA the game is so different! The spacing is better on most teams you’re not the only option for scoring where in college it’s usually 3 main targets to focus on!

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT