ADVERTISEMENT

Cal’s #1 dilemma going forward…

I despise Cals starting lineup but I also despise some of the combos he puts out there multiple times during the games more. The last 3 games the time Ugo and Bradshaw have spent on the floor together has grown with each game, even with Z in the mix against GA. Love these two lineups above and I’m going to be paying attention over the next several games over the combos cal uses and how long he uses them. Specifically interested in how many minutes he keeps 2 of the 3 7 footers on the floor at the same time. I’m guessing with cal, that is going to be around 75% but will see.
"despise" huh? You seem reasonable.

"despise" huh? You seem reasonable.
Give me one good reason that Bradshaw and Ugo should ever be on the floor together and then for good measure Edwards gets thrown out there with them too. And before you say Rebounding, Bradshaw is not a good rebounder.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Two questions:

Who do you think should play the fewest minutes?

Who do you think DID play the fewest minutes?
Better question is who should not be playing at all based on production. You do know Edwards was in foul trouble as well dont you and ultimately fouled out during his 13 minutes of action.

It’s Cal’s choice. We all see what the rotation should be. Will he do it? Is he held hostage by Klutch? Guess we’ll see.
How could he be held hostage by Klutch?
Starting Justin improves his draft stock exactly zero.
Maybe Cal thinks starting Justin is good for his(Cal) long term interest.
All parties involved(Justin, his family, Klutch, Cal) are all aware of his drastic stock drop at this point.
It's all up to Justin at this point.
It's funny how some portray Rich Paul as some kind of Suge Knight figure who would threaten coaches.
They have over 200 clients.
Their business wouldn't miss a beat if Edwards and Bradshaw never played a minute in the league.

Cal is going to do what’s best to win like always. There is no ego to set aside.

Haters gonna hate. Just live that miserable life. UK is moving on with or without you.
This is spot on. OP is misguided at best or just trying to build on a false narrative. Cal wants to win so he recruits and develops the best players he can get- period. He only hypes drafts and guys in pros because it leads to more good players wanting to come. If anyone can’t see that their agenda might be bigger than their common sense.

Hopefully our team chemistry isn’t hindered. Hopefully Thiero comes back soon. We have 10 who can get minutes but it probably needs to be 8/9 come March.
Your dumb if he has 10 who can play at high level play all 10 higher energy wear out your opponents. Cold shooting by 1 player doesn’t hurt the team win loss record. Dilly didn’t play well against UGA and the team won the game.

Is he is to going to have to swallow his ego and his pride and settle on the best 8 dudes to accomplish the mission of competing for a Championship with the players that are best suited for that task!

That’s not to say that the #9 or #10 guys won’t contribute along the way, but if he is serious about a second Title, he needs to put the NBA draft night BS behind him until he commits to that goal.

He has the team. He has the staff. He will ultimately make or break this by his own devices!
Cals biggest problem going forward...Himself

Give me one good reason that Bradshaw and Ugo should ever be on the floor together and then for good measure Edwards gets thrown out there with them too. And before you say Rebounding, Bradshaw is not a good rebounder.
Never said they should be on the floor together.

Just wondering how you're doing in general if you are going around "despising" basketball lineups. Hope all is good with you my man.

It seems like Cal doesn’t give a lot of thought as to why certain players are out there together. His substitution patterns usually leave me puzzled.

Never said they should be on the floor together.

Just wondering how you're doing in general if you are going around "despising" basketball lineups. Hope all is good with you my man.
I’m actually doing really great but thank you for your concern. Despise, dislike, don’t care for, rather him not, I mean it really all means the same thing.

Your dumb if he has 10 who can play at high level play all 10 higher energy wear out your opponents. Cold shooting by 1 player doesn’t hurt the team win loss record. Dilly didn’t play well against UGA and the team won the game.

😎 Really seems like you want to die on this hill, so I'll just let you. Good day sir.

I’m actually doing really great but thank you for your concern. Despise, dislike, don’t care for, rather him not, I mean it really all means the same thing.
Great to hear you are doing really great!

I do have to disagree a bit and will say, words matter. And they most assuredly do not "all mean the same thing".

For example if you were to say to your wife: "I don't care for your mom's soup recipe" or "I despise your mom's soup recipe"

or if you were to say to your wife about her dad coming over to watch the game with you "I'd rather him not" or instead say "I despise watching the game with him".............

You might find that you get a very different reaction from your wife based on word choice. Words do in fact matter.

I do have to disagree a bit and will say, words matter. And they most assuredly do not "all mean the same thing".

For example if you were to say to your wife: "I don't care for your mom's soup recipe" or "I despise your mom's soup recipe"

or if you were to say to your wife about her dad coming over to watch the game with you "I'd rather him not" or instead say "I despise watching the game with him".............

You might find that you get a very different reaction from your wife based on word choice. Words do in fact matter.
If you’re going to bring a wife into it, all reason and logic goes out the window.

Reactions: thedahc
This is spot on. OP is misguided at best or just trying to build on a false narrative. Cal wants to win so he recruits and develops the best players he can get- period. He only hypes drafts and guys in pros because it leads to more good players wanting to come. If anyone can’t see that their agenda might be bigger than their common sense.
Agree; anybody that thinks Cal doesn't care about winning is nuts. It would be easier to make a case he cared too much about winning than not caring. Winning was why he changed the type players he was recruiting to be more in tune with the modern game. Isn't it clear he has put more emphasis on shooting with recent recruiting? And yes, he did listen to fans' criticisms. All top coaches are hypersensitive to criticism; it's the way egomaniacs are.

Reactions: Looksbetterinblue
It seems like Cal doesn’t give a lot of thought as to why certain players are out there together. His substitution patterns usually leave me puzzled.
This.

Seems like Cal makes subs without any real thot other than someone makes 1 or 2 bad plays.

He’s taken out players who are ona roll for seemingly no reason. ,,, for example, Reeves 1st half against UGA

It’s almost like he forgets about players. Has he ever admitted that? Or should I say how many times has he admitted that?

The context is the same which on a message board if my words rub someone the wrong way, so be it. No skin off my back. My wife doesn’t cook and her parents are deceased so there’s that. Think I have mentioned to her that I despise the fact she doesn’t cook and she said tough shit. We eat out!!!!

Tonight’s game is exactly the reason I started this thread!

Lottery Ball substitution from Cal once again finally caught up with him! Not that he cares.

Calipari used to be a HOF level coach, then the “generational poverty”, “players first” mindset took over, and he lost his compass!

He’s never been, nor ever will be the same since!

UK is done until he’s finished.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT