ADVERTISEMENT

Does Roku work for streaming UK games

You really should stop. You seem to think you know more than you actually do with multiple topics. But go ahead and continue the brilliance of name calling.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/vigilantly

I love it when people try to use spelling and grammar to needle others on message boards. Usually it helps if you're right, however, before using these tactics.....I think somebody peed in Crazy's cheerios..... [roll]

For those using Android based boxes etc. Mobdro is great for streaming live sports. It has about 200 other channels, but the sports channels worked great.

Seriously, If you take the time to buy and pay for any android box, fire tv, etc. Just install Mobdro. It's worth your time. It's not a complete sports package, but the channels work and it's great quality.

Last edited:
I text about kodi on here a month or so ago on this same topic. Kodi is a sideloaded app that runs on android products. Go buy an amazon firestick for 40$,watch YouTube video on how to install kodi . There is never another fee.you must have 5gb Internet to run.
I've had it for a year now and I've never missed cable once

Anything that could ever be on a movie or TV screen is on it. Movies at theatre, all sports from rugby to basketball, all ppv
I installed kodi on the advice of your last post. I still get the 30 something channels over the air with rabbit ears (all the major networks, lots of old movies, TV shows, public television),all digital, but HOT DAM!!! Running Jarvis version, so I first downloaded and installed exodus, and I have been blown away with the movie quality and the tens of thousands of choices. I run it though a desktop with decent video card, through my 50 inch inch on the living room wall. Only cost is my internet service. Thanks a million for the heads up!

One question: I am getting all the conference networks, but I can't seem to find SECTV network anywhere. It's not a huge problem, because I get all the Espns, CBS games, from where ever. Is there an addon that carries SECTV?

I recently cut the cord so to say with Uverse and there's one thing you need to know. I called to cancel my TV service and just keep the internet. The customer rep told me if I only have internet with Uverse they have a data limit and you are charge for anything over. She set me up with the most basic TV package which has the local channels only. Also, if you want to try Sling they have a 7 day free trial and if you have T-Mobile you can get it for $14 a month for a year.

Yeah, they tried that with me as well. Tell them no thanks. Don't agree to it. If they charge you, tell them goodbye. This week I got a letter announcing they were increasing my usage limits. I never asked them too, but OK. They are desperate to hang on to those cable users, even the basics. They know they are doomed.

Unless you get no TV service of any other kind, there is just no reason to hang onto cable TV. Unless you enjoy buying 40 shopping channels, 25 religious channels and 10 local community information channels....People have figured out they are paying for commercials of commercials, that the advertisers paid for all ready, for no other reason than to give a local monopoly money...

For those running a HTPC (desktop hooked up to tv), and don't want to deal with KODI, bluestacks is a great android based emulator. It's free and super easy to install. Once it's installed it's even easier to install .apk files (android's .exe). Showbox, Mobdro is super easy to install. Just download the .apk file on your computer, and then open bluestacks. It has a column to the left that says .apk and after you click it, just install the .apk file from the location you downloaded it from. Showbox has all the tv shows and movies and Mobdro has a lot of tv stations that are great quality and no buffering.

It's super easy to install for those that don't want to do KODI. Here's what Bluestacks looks like. One the left you see the "Install .apk" icon. click on it and just choose the .apk file you save from above.

Untitled.png

Notice the tabs in the upper left. The Android tab shows your installed apps. Mobdro is for live tv and Showbox is tv shows/movies.

14012670_1756407797980636_536926945_o.png

Here's showbox.

14060204_1756407841313965_908309453_o.png

NOTE FOR ANDROID USERS: both of these programs can be installed even easier on android based boxes, sticks and phones. Mobdro (Live tv) and show box(tvshows/movies) is super easier to install on any of those devices due to you don't have to install bluestacks (android emulator) like you do on a windows pc. Both of those apps are made for android devices. (not sure about IOS).

Any questions, just ask. I've been using both on my phone for a while. It's great because I have a lot of down time at work.

I prefer Kodi l, but I understand it's can be a little intimidating to set up. These two apps are as easy as it gets to install on any android device (especially phones) and I do love them.

Last edited:
Thanks Clive, it seems that in order to run kodi with Roku3, one would need to stream from their PC or device (which I'm trying to avoid). I'm wishing I'd not purchased the Roku 3 with that in mind. I might just bite the bullet and go with a 2nd firestick (one for the family room and one for the bedroom) so that I have kodi in both locations. Any ideas how I can work around this? Cheers

Thanks Clive, it seems that in order to run kodi with Roku3, one would need to stream from their PC or device (which I'm trying to avoid). I'm wishing I'd not purchased the Roku 3 with that in mind. I might just bite the bullet and go with a 2nd firestick (one for the family room and one for the bedroom) so that I have kodi in both locations. Any ideas how I can work around this? Cheers
Sorry man, I've never dealt with Roku.

Yeah, they tried that with me as well. Tell them no thanks. Don't agree to it. If they charge you, tell them goodbye. This week I got a letter announcing they were increasing my usage limits. I never asked them too, but OK. They are desperate to hang on to those cable users, even the basics. They know they are doomed.

Unless you get no TV service of any other kind, there is just no reason to hang onto cable TV. Unless you enjoy buying 40 shopping channels, 25 religious channels and 10 local community information channels....People have figured out they are paying for commercials of commercials, that the advertisers paid for all ready, for no other reason than to give a local monopoly money...

Yeah, I only agreed to it because I have a discount they are applying to my service until my contract is up. That brings it down to the cost of just internet. I'll probably switch to Time Warner for internet only when my contract is up.

Reactions: denhunter
For those running a HTPC (desktop hooked up to tv), and don't want to deal with KODI, bluestacks is a great android based emulator. It's free and super easy to install. Once it's installed it's even easier to install .apk files (android's .exe). Showbox, Mobdro is super easy to install. Just download the .apk file on your computer, and then open bluestacks. It has a column to the left that says .apk and after you click it, just install the .apk file from the location you downloaded it from. Showbox has all the tv shows and movies and Mobdro has a lot of tv stations that are great quality and no buffering.

It's super easy to install for those that don't want to do KODI. Here's what Bluestacks looks like. One the left you see the "Install .apk" icon. click on it and just choose the .apk file you save from above.

Untitled.png

Notice the tabs in the upper left. The Android tab shows your installed apps. Mobdro is for live tv and Showbox is tv shows/movies.

14012670_1756407797980636_536926945_o.png

Here's showbox.

14060204_1756407841313965_908309453_o.png

NOTE FOR ANDROID USERS: both of these programs can be installed even easier on android based boxes, sticks and phones. Mobdro (Live tv) and show box(tvshows/movies) is super easier to install on any of those devices due to you don't have to install bluestacks (android emulator) like you do on a windows pc. Both of those apps are made for android devices. (not sure about IOS).

Any questions, just ask. I've been using both on my phone for a while. It's great because I have a lot of down time at work.

I prefer Kodi l, but I understand it's can be a little intimidating to set up. These two apps are as easy as it gets to install on any android device (especially phones) and I do love them.

Appreciate the heads up. I haven't gotten into Android anything, but I use a Roku in my bedroom with good results. Since I am an old guy, and I have been installing various software for various reasons for decades, kodi was not a real brain twister. I have read a little about the 'Android boxes', and wondered how tough it would be to put one together to figure them out.

But people are always running in and out of the living room asking 'hey, can I use you computer for a sec to check this and that?', so I keep a 'community' system in the corner, and that's hooked up to the TV. Anyway, I am a firm believer now in kodi and but wish I lived in Tampa where Google fiber is coming soon...

I've been googling the stuff you are all discussing. Has anyone heard of this? www.tv4roku.com

I smell fraud. Too many premium channels for too little. They have no address. The are using WIX's website development page as their own. Unknown phone number in the SW Florida. And the biggest font is for the notice "NO REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES"...I think a group of Nigerians have retired in Port Charlotte.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT