ADVERTISEMENT

Cow has brainwashed the UK fanbase into settling for low standards

Early exit from the dance this year and we'll be looking at a pretty interesting offseason.

Going on 10 years since last final 4. That alone gets any coach at a blue blood fired. Then you throw in the conference drought.

Forget CBB, that's any sport. Any team in any sport at any level that's a top shelf program with standards of being relevant in the post season fires their coach if they get near a decade without some action.

Tubby is a HOF coach, and even has a jersey hanging in Rupp. We all loved him and still do, however 9 years no final four, see ya.

He got canned after two years after an EE and 14-2 conference run. That is insane to think about in hindsight. No wonder the national media was in a tizzy. We (the fans, university and MB) literally had no argument. We're lucky we're a "blue blood" and could just say as much..."well we're UK...Final Fours...weh" otherwise things would've been much uglier.

Same goes for Cal now. We're going on 10 years. "Well he recruits, he made us relevant, he had that great 6 year run, his contract..."

Cool, we'll hang his jersey in Rupp one day too and appreciate what he did. He'll always be welcome around the program, state, and city. Just like Tubby.

Right now, however, we as fans and the decision-making brass are at that point where there is historical precedent to invoke the "we're uk...thanks for the memories." clause.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
I don’t interject myself into your debates with other posters, so I ask that you don’t do that to mine. This conversation has nothing to do with you and any rehashing is because we are having a debate and it has remained relatively focused.

I kindly suggest you go back to debating and conversing with those who think your opinions carry value. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. Have a good night.
Good. Go Cats

Early exit from the dance this year and we'll be looking at a pretty interesting offseason.

Going on 10 years since last final 4. That alone gets any coach at a blue blood fired. Then you throw in the conference drought.

Forget CBB, that's any sport. Any team in any sport at any level that's a top shelf program with standards of being relevant in the post season fires their coach if they get near a decade without some action.

Tubby is a HOF coach, and even has a jersey hanging in Rupp. We all loved him and still do, however 9 years no final four, see ya.

He got canned after two years after an EE and 14-2 conference run. That is insane to think about in hindsight. No wonder the national media was in a tizzy. We (the fans, university and MB) literally had no argument. We're lucky we're a "blue blood" and could just say as much..."well we're UK...Final Fours...weh" otherwise things would've been much uglier.

Same goes for Cal now. We're going on 10 years. "Well he recruits, he made us relevant, he had that great 6 year run, his contract..."

Cool, we'll hang his jersey in Rupp one day too and appreciate what he did. He'll always be welcome around the program, state, and city. Just like Tubby.

Right now, however, we as fans and the decision-making brass are at that point where there is historical precedent to invoke the "we're uk...thanks for the memories." clause.
Other than the fact that Tubby wasn't fired, I agree with most of this.

Yesterday I saw respected members of this board (whom I consider to be intelligent people) claiming that losing to Houston in E8 would be considered a "successful season" for UK?!

Since when do UK fans hang Elite Eight banners? We ran Tubby off for losing 10 games a year, now that's fine with us? Hell, I remember when that clown Tom Crean made Sweet 16 rings for his Indiana team, we all thought that was hilarious, now we are ready to let Cow's sh*t slide if he limps into the second weekend?

Not a single #1 seed or Final Four for 9 years straight and we set Elite Eight as our goal?

Sorry, but are you kidding me?

As far as I'm concerned, Cow has got to win the whole damn thing and redeem himself for the pathetic coaching performance in the 2010 and 2015 tourneys (when he had superteams at his disposal) or he can hit the bricks ASAP.

We were promised the Gold Standard, so why do we settle for mediocrity?
Lol. The brainwashed people I see are people like you who think Cal will no longer be coach if he flames out in the tournament. He will be coaching UK next year no matter what the result. And no matter how many thousands of posts like yours are on here, doesn’t change shit. So you can crap in one hand and wish Cal gone in the other, and see which fills first.

• Love
Reactions: BlueTick2
Lol. The brainwashed people I see are people like you who think Cal will no longer be coach if he flames out in the tournament. He will be coaching UK next year no matter what the result. And no matter how many thousands of posts like yours are on here, doesn’t change shit. So you can crap in one hand and wish Cal gone in the other, and see which fills first.
Never said I think Cow wouldn't remain the coach if (when) he flames out of the tourney...Just expressed my opinion about what standard should be used when judging him.

By the way, weren't you one of the main Calunatics on here, just a few years ago?
Do you still think he's a better coach than Pitino?
😂

Never said I think Cow wouldn't remain the coach if (when) he flames out of the tourney...Just expressed my opinion about what standard should be used when judging him.

By the way, weren't you one of the main Calunatics on here, just a few years ago?
Do you still think he's a better coach than Pitino?
😂
I have wanted Cal gone for a long time. Pitino was a failure in the tournament in 92, 94, 95 and choked in 93 and 97. And Pitino was a total failure at UL only making the tournament or getting out the first weekend 6 out of 12 years. So they both have flamed out. That you can’t get ur mouth off of Rick’s nuts with your revisionist history of his time here is your problem.

I have wanted Cal gone for a long time. Pitino was a failure in the tournament in 92, 94, 95 and choked in 93 and 97. And Pitino was a total failure at UL only making the tournament or getting out the first weekend 6 out of 12 years. So they both have flamed out. That you can’t get ur mouth off of Rick’s nuts with your revisionist history of his time here is your problem.
Pitino's so called "chokes" have nothing on your boy Cow...

If '97 was a choke, what would you call '15? My God, the man had two future All-Stars in the lineup and still couldn't get it done.

Pitino's so called "chokes" have nothing on your boy Cow...

If '97 was a choke, what would you call '15? My God, the man had two future All-Stars in the lineup and still couldn't get it done.
Isn’t my boy. I wanted him fired a long time ago.
Pitino should have had 3 titles here and choked away at least two. He didn’t have the intelligence of a YMCA coach to put a man in the ball in 92. In 93, he choked in overtime in the final four. In 94, he flamed out in the first weekend. In 95, he played Dean Smith, a coach Rick couldn’t beat at anytime. In 97, he choked in overtime (history repeated itself). In 96, it took a roster loaded with future pros to win his only title at UK- boy that sounds familiar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT