ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I received an e-mail of a new law signed this morning addressing WOKE business practices. This law was started because a gun dealer could not get financing from banks to expand their business. The reason was because they engaged in firearms. To hell with the 2nd amendment, I guess.

When word got to the state legislature, they immediately went to work to stop this. About 2 years ago, all state investments were withdrawn from Blackrock because of ESG and WOKE. A little over 2 billion was tied up in Blackrock, but 0 now. Blackrock is one of the most ESG driven companies on earth. So, chalk up a win for individual freedom. Investments will be made based on the maximum returns, not based on the WOKEST. And NO MORE Social Credit Scores. ESG is dead when doing business with state, county and local government.

329392513_697825095316435_6286582863419897832_n.jpg

I received an e-mail of a new law signed this morning addressing WOKE business practices. This law was started because a gun dealer could not get financing from banks to expand their business. The reason was because they engaged in firearms. To hell with the 2nd amendment, I guess.

When word got to the state legislature, they immediately went to work to stop this. About 2 years ago, all state investments were withdrawn from Blackrock because of ESG and WOKE. A little over 2 billion was tied up in Blackrock, but 0 now. Blackrock is one of the most ESG driven companies on earth. So, chalk up a win for individual freedom. Investments will be made based on the maximum returns, not based on the WOKEST. And NO MORE Social Credit Scores. ESG is dead when doing business with state, county and local government.

Yep, I've been reading that is the way they are going after guns in some places. Us old folks are ok because we already have guns, but who knows what the future will bring?

Yep, I've been reading that is the way they are going after guns in some places. Us old folks are ok because we already have guns, but who knows what the future will bring?
The ones getting hit are small businesses. Like a gun shop. The national banks do a Social Credit Score on you, and you don't bow to their wishes or meet their criteria, they can run you out of business. Without the ability to borrow money, most businesses, especially small ones, can not survive.

This is what they are doing to control the sale of weapons. Drive them out of business. That ended in Florida today. No more social credit scores. It will be enforced.

In Florida....glad for Florida... Sir...

Good morning D-League

It is currently 67° with clear skies and no rain in sight. The high will reach 81°. I am going to take advantage of the weather and clean and seal our travertine around the pool deck and lanai. Sand will be used to level it all out before the sealer. So I am praying for no rain for the next 24 hours.

I trust all are well and in good spirits.

Shopping while drinking is a new concept on me. With the way some folks act down here, I am not sure if this is a good idea. But Publix must have a reason

343121598_952407705786302_2520761350558920463_n.jpg
My wife just got back from Publix and was laughing. She said a lady had grabbed some wine coolers and started drinking them. She estimated the little lady was in her mid 80's. By the time she was ready to check out the lady was in line ahead of her and three of the bottles were empty. A young man cashier was puzzled, and he said he could not ring up empty bottles and called for his manager. They discussed it for a few minutes and the manager said rang her up and off she went.

The little old lady didn't wait for the official memo from Publix. She got a head start. Florida Living is interesting to say the least. I bet she was a New Yorker.

Assume it must be so, but haven't heard of increased sales for other brewers. Anyone?

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNIARES!

60° this morning with light winds and cloudy skies. Chances of rain all day with a high of near 70°.

Played ball last night and we lost both games. I went 0-6 and one walk. Not my finest hour. Defensively as a team we sucked, offensively too. However, the after the game beers was something new and what I have been asking about here occasionally. Yuengling has finally come to Oklahoma just recently and two of our players had bought some and I finally got the chance to drink one. Liked it. Yuengling will now be my go to after the game beer. At the house, German, Belgian, and Japanese will still be my go to beers.

Hump day today for those grinding it out, couch potato day for me after my morning workout and weather permitting, walking the monster.

Be careful out there today and God Bless.

Good morning folks.

All this beer talk has me thirsty. And even less excited about work.

I hadn’t been drinking much beer but ordered a local brew in Istanbul —Efes. It was delicious and I found myself drinking about six a day.

Gloomy and cold in the east. Hope it is sunny where you are.

Good morning everyone.

Cool and breezy here so we didn't turkey hunt this morning. We have been repairing our side x side roofs damaged from the tree fall. I'm happy to report those plastic staple type guns work great. We shouldn't have to replace them. I still haven't received any info from the insurance company. The prices of trucks to replace mine have skyrocketed.

@warrior-cat Sorry about the not so great game. But, it's good to see you're human after the last performance you reported.

Wildlife Wednesday

344746032_1194199754632857_3491112625015102054_n.jpg

Sorry about my phone pic. This is the young stage of a Red Spotted Newt. Commonly referred to as a Red Eft. This one is only about 2-3" long. I haven't been on the mountain in the spring as much the last several years so it was good to see one.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited:
"@warrior-cat Sorry about the not so great game. But, it's good to see you're human after the last performance you reported."

@storm1507 Yeah, definitely human. My good days outweigh the bad with softball over the years and even bad days are still not so bad given the fact that at 65 I am still playing. I thank God that I am still able. I was talking last night with another player on our team in his mid 50's who had quit a few years ago but started back again last year because he missed it and was still able. He said his wife finally gave in realizing he still had the fire. We have 3 on our team over 50 (that includes me) 4 over 40, and the rest 30 somethings with one 20 something (son of one of the over 40 players). Diversity of ages.

Last edited:
Got together yesterday for lunch with a group of HS classmates. Seventeen showed this time. I went to see how good I was doing vs. them. LOL. A few were pretty beat up & hardly anyone didn't have some aches/pains. Good time. Guy who keeps track of the class brought his Excel list of the entire class' names as well as the info he has on each. Those deceased were highlighted in yellow. 40/160 gone at age 75. As the list was passed around, everyone was checking to see that they weren't highlighted in yellow.

Hello All,

Just settled down after a Mackerel supper. Hung our back patio door curtains so the neighbors can't see me walking in my underwear. (My Darling told me that...) My retort, they only look once...

Only going to hang my belt and tie racks this evening if the Lord doesn't take me home... God Bless you all...

(Plan to work from the home tomorrow. I'll be watching more closely if the Lord tarries...)

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

59° this morning with thunderstorms. Supposed to rain off and on for the next 10 days or so. There is a break this morning according to the radar from about 0700 until around noon so, I will forgo my morning workout and get a few hours of fishing in this morning since there will be many days of rain possible for the next few.

Well, for you that are grinding it out this morning remember, this is TGIF eve. Stay safe out there and God Bless.

Oh, and by the way, I weighed in at 195lbs this morning. Down 3lbs from Mondy last week. My goal originally was 185-190 but, I think I will adjust that to 180-185.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

59° this morning with thunderstorms. Supposed to rain off and on for the next 10 days or so. There is a break this morning according to the radar from about 0700 until around noon so, I will forgo my morning workout and get a few hours of fishing in this morning since there will be many days of rain possible for the next few.

Well, for you that are grinding it out this morning remember, this is TGIF eve. Stay safe out there and God Bless.

Oh, and by the way, I weighed in at 195lbs this morning. Down 3lbs from Mondy last week. My goal originally was 185-190 but, I think I will adjust that to 180-185.

Not being nosey but that's a quick-loss pattern. Any secret process?

Good morning folks.

Sunny and cool in the east. Beautiful day.

Week is wearing away fast. I need to do some reading about the Derby. Got invited to a Derby party in NYC, but I’ve traveled five out of last six weekends so I’m staying home and probably watching by myself while texting with my son in Lexington.

Subway pulling into my station, so I’ll catch up with you all later.

Not being nosey but that's a quick-loss pattern. Any secret process?
Yeah, when I had those chest pains and high blood pressure, I adjusted my eating habits and then with the oral surgery having 3 base implants (upper right side) recently I have been limited to what I can and how I eat right now. Will have more work done after the teeth are put on the abutments which will be attached to the base in July. I have two that are going bad on the upper left that will be pulled and replaced with implants. When they first do the surgery, they do not want you to eat crunchy or chewable foods until they tell you to. Right now I can but, I have adjusted to the new diet and foods I have been eating and will continue to until all of the work is finished. After that, I will have to control my intake willfully.

Yeah, when I had those chest pains and high blood pressure, I adjusted my eating habits and then with the oral surgery having 3 base implants (upper right side) recently I have been limited to what I can and how I eat right now. Will have more work done after the teeth are put on the abutments which will be attached to the base in July. I have two that are going bad on the upper left that will be pulled and replaced with implants. When they first do the surgery, they do not want you to eat crunchy or chewable foods until they tell you to. Right now I can but, I have adjusted to the new diet and foods I have been eating and will continue to until all of the work is finished. After that, I will have to control my intake willfully.

Sad you had to go through it. I too have changed my eating habits. It seems every holiday my children go stupid with sweets. I never waste food and most functions are at our house. It takes me months at times to get back to my way of eating. Not blaming others but that is why. I could throw the stuff out BUT, I remember where I came from growing up in the slums of Detroit and I know what hunger is... I have my share of internal struggles...where food is concerned. (I couldn't throw edible food out if I wanted to do it. Just not in my DNA.)

Sad you had to go through it. I too have changed my eating habits. It seems every holiday my children go stupid with sweets. I never waste food and most functions are at our house. It takes me months at times to get back to my way of eating. Not blaming others but that is why. I could throw the stuff out BUT, I remember where I came from growing up in the slums of Detroit and I know what hunger is... I have my share of internal struggles...where food is concerned. (I couldn't throw edible food out if I wanted to do it. Just not in my DNA.)
Yep. In my younger days, lots of white beans and mashed tater suppers. School lunches often a mayonnaise sandwich. You always cleaned your plate.

Yeah, I have no one to blame for my current predicament but me. My wife still likes to make sweets for us and lately has adjusted to more carb friendly versions of cakes and cookies plus, she has been adding protein powder since I have also stepped up my workout regimen to help lose weight.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

64° this morning with light winds. Today's high to be around the mid 90's and sunny. Ouch! Jumping 24° from yesterday. The monster (while outside as I am typing this) will not stay out long today. Being an Anatolian Shepherd/Pyrenees mix she has Anatolian color and size with Pyrenees fur. Thus, the monster nickname.

Read a few posts in a thread in the House of Blue last night referencing how many scholarship players we have on our basketball team right now. 7? Ugonna and Thiero returning, plus the 5 incoming freshmen. Wow. Now there was talk about the possibility of Reeves and Oscar coming back but, I don't think that is really known for sure or not. If not, Cal needs to step it up in the transfer portal. I don't think I have ever experienced as much uncertainty about the program (other than the Gillispie years) as we have recently with Cal's leadership. Yes, there were some down years in the past, but even Tubby did not sink us this low.

Well, TGIF for you grinders so, stay safe out there and God Bless.

Oh and yeah, only one bass yesterday so once again in the last two attempts I was not blanked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT