ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

48° this morning with light winds and a high expected to be in the low 70's.

Regular workout shortly and then on to my student later this morning. Have an appointment with the oral surgeon later this afternoon to see how well the implant bases are doing.

Vandy swept the Cats yesterday. Cats had a 1 run lead going into the bottom of the 9th and could not hold it. We will definitely slide in the rankings this week.

Not much else for a Monday folks so go slow to start the week (especially you BBUK, too much work lately) and God Bless.

Good morning everyone.

A little cool and windy this morning so skipping out on the turkey hunting and hoping to get rested up a little. And maybe get some things done around here....maybe. It's good to be retired.

209317740_1483535135338539_3398061671229383342_n.jpg

Not your typical ginseng plant. 5 prong (which are rare) with 7, 7, 6, 5 & 5 leaves on the prongs. Most full grown plants will have 5 leaves/prong and usually only have 4 prongs. As with most everything there are exceptions. This pic is in July and the berry pod in the center won't be full and red until the end of Aug-early Sept.

My FIL had a nice patch (passed away in 97) and about 15 years ago I caught one of my old neighbors digging it. He was lucky I didn't put him in his grave a decade early. I became a more reasonable milder man that day (to my surprise). It just wasn't worth it. That patch of "seng" was my lasting connection to my FIL.

This turkey season I've seen some nice patches of yellowroot (we dug them decades ago) and some ginseng that has started to come up. It got me in the mood to dig some again....we'll see.

I hope everyone has a great day.

SC, y'all ok, saw bad storms went through yesterday?
Doin' just fine. We had a beautiful day yesterday with a steady wind off of the Gulf. It was dry. Friday night it rained a couple of inches but it was much needed.

There was a little bit of The Devil Beating His Wife on Saturday. Very pleasant though as the Devil wailed away. You could actually get a suntan standing in a rainstorm. That is not uncommon around here.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes. Here are two pictures one of each side. The latest patent date on it is 1911. It is a Winchester.

It was originally my grandfathers gun, Jesse Henderson Higginbotham 1869-1940.
343905051_940323627016666_6281610815034165746_n.jpg
344244274_169198229416673_5880286470455665786_n.jpg

Model 1890? I use to collect Winchester firearms and other Winchester items too. Again with my FIL. I later sold most of my guns but still have many Winchester items. I have my Grandfather's old Model 94 30/30 that he used while living on Kodiak Island, AK and my wife has many of my FIL Winchesters. Awesome that you all still have that gun in the family.

Model 1890? I use to collect Winchester firearms and other Winchester items too. Again with my FIL. I later sold most of my guns but still have many Winchester items. I have my Grandfather's old Model 94 30/30 that he used while living on Kodiak Island, AK and my wife has many of my FIL Winchesters. Awesome that you all still have that gun in the family.
I think so.

I also have a model 94 30/30. It was bought in 1964 and has had one box of shells put through it.

Good Morning D

May 1st already. 68° with clear skies and no chance of rain today. It will climb to 79° by this afternoon. The winds have calmed down. They were really refreshing over the weekend and steady with gusts.

Trust all are well and have a good day. We get some strange ones down here. But they spend their money and most go back up North

343528355_618255727014158_436163070996101296_n.jpg

Sir,

I could have went all day without seeing that!

Good morning everyone.

A little cool and windy this morning so skipping out on the turkey hunting and hoping to get rested up a little. And maybe get some things done around here....maybe. It's good to be retired.

209317740_1483535135338539_3398061671229383342_n.jpg

Not your typical ginseng plant. 5 prong (which are rare) with 7, 7, 6, 5 & 5 leaves on the prongs. Most full grown plants will have 5 leaves/prong and usually only have 4 prongs. As with most everything there are exceptions. This pic is in July and the berry pod in the center won't be full and red until the end of Aug-early Sept.

My FIL had a nice patch (passed away in 97) and about 15 years ago I caught one of my old neighbors digging it. He was lucky I didn't put him in his grave a decade early. I became a more reasonable milder man that day (to my surprise). It just wasn't worth it. That patch of "seng" was my lasting connection to my FIL.

This turkey season I've seen some nice patches of yellowroot (we dug them decades ago) and some ginseng that has started to come up. It got me in the mood to dig some again....we'll see.

I hope everyone has a great day.

A real shame when you can't trust your neighbor... (Of course around here......) A healthy wave now and again but...

Hello,

Just sat down...

I feel like Jerry Clower when he was growing up before a coon hunt....

I got off work, ate a bite, played with the BB a few minutes. Loaded up the trunk of my car with tools and what not and headed to my youngest daughters house about 30 minutes after she left for work...This particular day I wasn't to busy.. Just took my cordless leaf blower and blew out my daughters garage, up packed the new garage door opener (The wireless kind) took the old one off as all you had to do was press it and it would open the door.) Put the new wireless keypad on the garage door post, screwed it in good. Took the new remote that come with it and programmed both of those and tried it out again later to be sure all worked. Then I sprayed the garage and outside front of the house for ants. (To get rid of them, not to draw them. ;)) Then I went inside, checked things out, brought my small step ladder and put that up so I could change her hallway bulb and got that working. Sprayed upstairs for ants. (To get rid of them.)(Used to be in that business and kept some equipment for medicinal killing purposes, for just my family or close friends bugs.)

Then I checked her new Ring Video/ doorbell I installed about two weeks ago but she hadn't never taken her battery off the charger so I couldn't do that because she had to program it. THEN I took a think and thought to check her furnace filter. (I always check my daughters furnace filters...) The result of what I found was below...At least she listened to me and bought some new ones but I had to push it up to and in the furnace hole to where it fit and it worked! I guess next time I will tell her to change the filter and not just buy some...

344368125_1374565079995475_8746472911357414801_n.jpg

Anyway, I went around back and sprayed a little on her deck but it was about dark and I couldn't see to well, so I packed up, picked up, threw some more garbage in my daughters half empty garbage can to where it was full, and brought some candy home my daughter bought for her son's teacher, and came home... (All in my best Jerry Clower voice...)

Now here's the part I didn't do after the work but I wanted to...

HA, I have to apologize about the rant yesterday about people talking too much, saying too much to say too little. 😁

Last edited:
Good morning D-League

It is currently 67° with clear skies and no rain in sight. The high will reach 81°. I am going to take advantage of the weather and clean and seal our travertine around the pool deck and lanai. Sand will be used to level it all out before the sealer. So I am praying for no rain for the next 24 hours.

I trust all are well and in good spirits.

Shopping while drinking is a new concept on me. With the way some folks act down here, I am not sure if this is a good idea. But Publix must have a reason

343121598_952407705786302_2520761350558920463_n.jpg

Good morning all,

Working from the house today. I am thankful. We shall see where this day leads.

Have the electrician coming over to see if he can trace down the electric issue that is still tripping the breaker when My Darling sleeps with her heating pad. Never an issue previously. All our devices are new and were used prior to moving here with no issues...

Good morning D-League

It is currently 67° with clear skies and no rain in sight. The high will reach 81°. I am going to take advantage of the weather and clean and seal our travertine around the pool deck and lanai. Sand will be used to level it all out before the sealer. So I am praying for no rain for the next 24 hours.

Shopping while drinking is a new concept on me. With the way some folks act down here, I am not sure if this is a good idea. But Publix must have a reason

Do they have a courtesy ride home for people who drink too much or do they have limits on the amount one can drink with each visit. Also, are the drinks complimentary?

Thirsty consumers need to know.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

49° This morning with light winds. Mid 70's expected with sunny skies. Need to take advantage and cut the grass because I have not in about a week and a half and there is rain in the forecast for the next week or so.

Oral surgeon said the area he placed implants in has healed well and we will give it time for the bone to grow around them. Late July he will put the abutments on them and then my dentist will put the fake teeth on them. It's a process that I will do again for the other side after this one. Have two teeth on the left that need to be removed and replaced. Hopefully they can last until then.

I have two ball games tonight so a pretty full day starting with a workout this morning, walking the monster, meeting with daughter's teacher (on line) around noon, cutting the grass (early afternoon) and then rest before game time. Should sleep good tonight.

You folks enjoy your day and God Bless.

Last edited:
It was common to see kids come to school like that back in the day.
I took many a gun into schools (churches, courthouses, community centers, etc too)...sometimes 1/2 dozen or so at a time. No incidents and no one said a word, at least to my face. I coordinated/supervised the Hunter Education program in the eastern 1/4- 1/2 of the state. 34 years w/ Dept. of Fish and Wildlife.

Yeah in a place like that I could become a shopaholic....
The local word is they have case upon case of Bud Lite in their warehouses and can't sell it. So they might ice it down and let customers pop a top on the house. They may have a problem giving it away. Several bars in town don't carry that product anymore.

The local word is they have case upon case of Bud Lite in their warehouses and can't sell it. So they might ice it down and let customers pop a top on the house. They may have a problem giving it away. Several bars in town don't carry that product anymore.

Yes Sir,

Saw a headline this morning Bud sales down 26%. That means nearing 50%... Go ahead, go woke, go broke... That should be the American mantra...

Good morning D-League

My local kroger store here in ohio has a bar plus booth seating, wine, bottle beer, ten beers on tap, and live music.

Have to laugh at the dumb and stupid Sir. I wouldn't drink a free one knowing what I know now and I have had my fair share of Bud products... still would if not for...

HA, at least I know I am not hooked... I have that going for me....🙏
The son in law was in for a visit a while back. He brought a case of Miller Lite and left about half of it. I drank one with supper the other day. First in many many years. Surprised me that I didn't even like the taste. I reckon that was a good thing because I used to drink way to much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT