ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Guten Morgen. (Nearly the limit of the German that I remember from college. Sherry ended up knowing more than me.) Austin is fluent in German and with that post on blue berry pie he has got Sherry contemplating making one. Warum hast du das getan?

It is a cloudy 58°F on our way to 66. We ended up with .30 inches of rain yesterday afternoon and last night.

I will probably put in a lazy Friday and get into a very thick, small typeface, book that @Sawnee Cat 's ancestor wrote in 1775 about the Indians of the Southeast that he lived with. Sawnee's ancestor appears to be one interesting Irishman who was quite literate.

Just remember that this is Saturday eve!

Good Friday Morning

We have 68° down here and the closest rain is 24 miles away but coming our way. So we will have a little rain and then the sun will come out and warm up to 82°. It feels good to have a temporary crown and not a hole in the back of my mouth at tooth #31.

I see our quarterback went undrafted the first round. The experts missed on that one. Trust all are well and in good spirits.

Take care,

343753060_129340170126449_3418373390366467717_n.jpg

Good Friday Morning

We have 68° down here and the closest rain is 24 miles away but coming our way. So we will have a little rain and then the sun will come out and warm up to 82°. It feels good to have a temporary crown and not a hole in the back of my mouth at tooth #31.

I see our quarterback went undrafted the first round. The experts missed on that one. Trust all are well and in good spirits.

Take care,

343753060_129340170126449_3418373390366467717_n.jpg
To make things worse for him, ESPN kept cutting to him every other pick. You could tell the cameras being on him at the end of the night made him uncomfortable.

Guten Morgen. (Nearly the limit of the German that I remember from college. Sherry ended up knowing more than me.) Austin is fluent in German and with that post on blue berry pie he has got Sherry contemplating making one. Warum hast du das getan?

It is a cloudy 58°F on our way to 66. We ended up with .30 inches of rain yesterday afternoon and last night.

I will probably put in a lazy Friday and get into a very thick, small typeface, book that @Sawnee Cat 's ancestor wrote in 1775 about the Indians of the Southeast that he lived with. Sawnee's ancestor appears to be one interesting Irishman who was quite literate.

Sir,

The extent of my expertise in the German language... (As an Irish/German decent white dude...)

Darf ich ein dunkles Bier haben? Oh the stories I could tell of my short time(s) in Wiesbaden... several spotlight tours. Drank till I could not.... für Bratwürste und Pommes,

I foundered on the above and NEVER tired of them... Just ate and drank the snot out of them. Yeah, I was fluent and could sure get my point across... As a spec 4, I know I kept a couple businesses floating buying those three items... With the Mark at 2.8 at the time it was not cheap but doable...

Dark beer so thick you could cut the head off and hold it in your hand for a while (Nearly bread), brats to die for, and fries.... The breakfast of champions... I never did get my fill....

@Bert Higginbotha

I trust you enjoy the read. He lived with the Cherokees for 40 years, completely cut off from the outside world. He raised a very interesting theory that we can discuss as you get into the book. Now a warning, this book is not for everyone but an intelligent soul like you will breeze through it. As you indicated it was written before the Birth of Our Nation. 1775.

The History Of The American Indians

9780883940631-us.jpg

The Author. One interesting fact about the book is the author could not get it published in America so it was published in England. He was refused over here, probably because the subject was the Indians and created some controversies.

Tomestones_004.jpg

@Bert Higginbotha

I trust you enjoy the read. He lived with the Cherokees for 40 years, completely cut off from the outside world. He raised a very interesting theory that we can discuss as you get into the book. Now a warning, this book is not for everyone but an intelligent soul like you will breeze through it. As you indicated it was written before the Birth of Our Nation. 1775.

The History Of The American Indians

9780883940631-us.jpg

The Author. One interesting fact about the book is the author could not get it published in America so it was published in England. He was refused over here, probably because the subject was the Indians and created some controversies.

Tomestones_004.jpg

Sir,

That is of the type book I would surely read. I will look it up... Thanks

The only German I know came from this man, which isn't much.

norh-hearnoylthing.gif

I haven't posted food for a while but I .............ate it.......

Just started eating this:

Sharp cheddar cheese over a squash pancake... and coffee...

343122301_3461387717471229_895056710023186582_n.jpg

Supper last night... About an inch and a half thick, maybe more, piece of pork chop with garnish...

343455054_1791967547902651_3697754929494775038_n.jpg

Supper the night before last...

Salmon and garnish...

343435693_185808370960019_8137129623370068185_n.jpg

Yes, I eat well and am thankful.. So very thankful...

Last edited:
Just had an electrician leave. I think he fixed the issue. Even in a new home there are issues, quirks, and flaws. Any reasonable people expect it. (Actually had the guy thank me for understanding that.) It seems some go irate that a new home has issues.

People are human... There was a wire in one switch that wasn't properly connected (Of it seems a hundred or so connections in our home.) (Just happened to be in the master suite) and when we tried using certain plugs, especially at night the breaker would trip. The loose wire wasn't even in that area but it caused it. Oh well, I hope My Darling can use the heat now....

Good morning everyone.

343299575_3360054547592949_372743371176756723_n.jpg

Home is just off to the right and down hill from this vantage point.

Finally had someone come and look at the truck. It will probably be totaled and I will have a decision to make. I sure hate car shopping but it may be the better option.

I'm still here, just not as much. I didn't watch the draft last night, but it must have been painful for Will.

I hope everyone has a great day.

I just got back in the house after picking up palm fronds and some magnolia tree limbs out in the yard. Last night we had 3 very high wind events that were about 45 minutes to an hour apart. One was clocked at 83 mph, one at 68 mph and one at 67 mph. The wind would blow for about 3 or 4 minutes and then calm back down.

I was out by the pool with my wife, but she ran into the house when it started getting strong. There was no structural damage anywhere in the area because most houses are built to withstand up to 150 mph winds, but it did clean up the dead limbs and fronds from the trees.

Last edited:
Sir,

The extent of my expertise in the German language... (As an Irish/German decent white dude...)

Darf ich ein dunkles Bier haben? Oh the stories I could tell of my short time(s) in Wiesbaden... several spotlight tours. Drank till I could not.... für Bratwürste und Pommes,

I foundered on the above and NEVER tired of them... Just ate and drank the snot out of them. Yeah, I was fluent and could sure get my point across... As a spec 4, I know I kept a couple businesses floating buying those three items... With the Mark at 2.8 at the time it was not cheap but doable...

Dark beer so thick you could cut the head off and hold it in your hand for a while (Nearly bread), brats to die for, and fries.... The breakfast of champions... I never did get my fill....
Ja, EKU 28. Probieren sie es aus.

Last edited:
I have paid close to $5k so far for the surgery for two implants and that is with dental insurance. I have an appointment on Monday to see how well they have taken hold to determine when they will put the abutment into the base that they screwed into the jawbone April 3rd. The abutments will cost me about $2.5K and that is not including the teeth which my dentist will put onto the abutment later. If this works out I plan on having two on the upper left pulled and implanted later this year.
Did that for one tooth 2-3 years ago. Same price range but forget exactly now.

Only negative is the base of the implant tooth at the gum line is smaller diameter than the adjoining natural teeth & thus I'm often getting food stuck there & needing to floss there frequently. There are worse things.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

43° this morning with the high expected in the low 70's. Finally, some low winds too. Had plenty of rain last few days and the temps lower than normal so far this spring. We are actually having a spring season around here. Normally we go from cold to warm to hot in a matter of a few weeks.

It has been a rough week for Kato the cat. Took him to the vet on Monday because he had some swelling around an injury on his back right paw. She (the vet) gave him a shot of antibiotics and put some stuff on his paw and told us not to let him outside for 1-2 weeks until it heels. He has been walking on it now for the last 2 days and is bouncing around the house trying to sneak out of the door when we open it for the dogs and other cats. The other animals have not been happy about it either, they usually have free reign through the use of a doggy door to go outside. Now, they have to get in my face or my daughters to get us to let them out. I am getting more exercise than normal now getting up and down off of the couch. No couch potato days this past week.

Not much else going on this morning other than the usual workout, walk the monster, and clean the house before the in-laws get here. You guys have a wonderful restful weekend and God Bless.

Good Saturday Morning D

71° with mostly clear skies. We may receive some scattered rain showers, which means it may be raining on the other side of the road and dry on my side. The high will be 85° with plenty of sunshine. There is a big Blueberry Festival over in Brooksville that I might drop by for. It is always fun, and they shut the streets down in the whole town for pedestrians. One of the highlights is their blueberry wine.

Take care all,

343442017_538148331843610_7940303900609829766_n.jpg

Howdy from Campbell County folks.

Very nice outdoor wedding for my nephew last night. Parents, all my siblings, all three of my kids and both grandkids there so the rare moment of being with my entire family.

Heading back to my parents house to hang around with my brothers. Have a good day.
Nice. Enjoy. I will be headed up to Kentucky in late May for the chance to see my son and his family all together. Granddaughter will fly in from Colorado and grandson will be back from college for a week.

So we will spend Memorial Day together and head over to my wife's family cemetery to decorate graves.

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Had another squash pancake with sharp cheddar cheese and coffee. Heading out and about for a bit to pick up some things and coming back to hang curtains.(The actual curtains should arrive by then.), Then unpack "stuff" and chuck "stuff".

Actually looking forward to it. Have a great day...

343661533_133698763017912_7830053421071457173_n.jpg

Edit: The table got me to thinking. My Darling and I bought that I think, the first year we were married. Used at least half of our savings to buy that from a customer who had a wood shop that sold wood furniture unfinished. (In Vine Grove, Ky.) We had them finish it. The table and six chairs set us back about $1300.00 as I remember. During this move My Darling was going to sell it and buy new but she couldn't. I re-finished the top probably six or so years ago but other than that it has gone untouched and held up well. (It is a fine piece of furniture.) Has two leaf's that go with it but we are only using one now. Yeah, I am thankful...

Last edited:
So this is considered normal in American culture? This thing was the cover for a bridal magazine. I think I have been on this earth too long. I am a Rank Stranger in my own nation.

I remember a time if you showed up looking like this, somebody would whip your ass.

Screenshot-2023-04-29-at-8.52.30-AM.png

That sure is worth an ass whipping Sir. Just vial and vulgar. No shame any longer, thanks Bill...(He started it anyway.) THAT used to hide in its own house and not DARE show itself in public... (Oh, they did that back when but they wouldn't DARE show themselves.... as it should be...)

Last edited:
Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

49° this morning with light winds. Mostly sunny with a high expected to be in the low 70's and moderate winds.

Going fishing today for a short while at my old stomping grounds of Rattler and Bald ponds at Ft. Sill. Have been out at lake Ellsworth here in Elgin three times already this year and lost 3 lures to underwater stickups and one with the only bite/hook I have had this year by the fish going around a stump and I could not get it in to the bank. 0-3 for a start. Hey, even the Reds aren't this bad. In fact, even though they are still under .500 they are on a 5-game winning streak. Last night's game was won in the 9th inning. Good stuff.

Cats have stumbled on the diamond of late. Hope they can salvage
a win today.

Here's to hoping you folks have a good and restful Sunday and that God Blesses you all.

Last edited:
Good Sunday morning everyone!

The turkey hunting is winding down. I've been able to hunt the mountain more this week and it brings back memories of 30 years ago when I hunted it hard. No luck with the turkeys although I've seen a couple of bears and heard plenty of whippoorwills.

343990366_239951335190642_5045588394053410939_n.jpg

Anyone know?

I hope everyone has a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT