ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Captain Rick is headed out of Anclote River to the Gulf of Mexico. I hope he has a good catch and brings back some nice shrimp.

I saw where 80% of the shrimp consumed in America is from over seas. We are thankful we have fresh shrimp out of the Gulf. Year round. I can tell a big difference in the flavor and quality.

311119658_2340895886065001_8124057125205976273_n.jpg
My first 7 years in Florida we lived .25 miles from the St. Johns river. There were two creeks full of white shrimp. My son and his buddy, on command, would grab their nets and go shrimping. In an hour we would have more shrimp than you could dress in two hours.

Oh my were they good.

Captain Rick is headed out of Anclote River to the Gulf of Mexico. I hope he has a good catch and brings back some nice shrimp.

I saw where 80% of the shrimp consumed in America is from over seas. We are thankful we have fresh shrimp out of the Gulf. Year round. I can tell a big difference in the flavor and quality.

311119658_2340895886065001_8124057125205976273_n.jpg

I love me some shrimps. You can barbeque them, boil, there's lemon pepper shrimp, shrimp.....

But I do love them!😉😇

Whoop de doo, whoop de doo....

What a day. Didn't work like I thought it would but didn't work out badly....

In any event, I had to drive to the Fairfax circuit courthouse to do a transaction. It worked very quickly so I googled the nearest walmart. I needed some KIWI brown shoe polish. (Out of it in Woodbridge, go figure.). The walmart there had ONE can. I snatched it. Also......... I saw some Yuengling "Pilsner". I bought a 12 pack. I just recently downed two and am heading for a third.

My youngest bought some bacon at sams and it was a two pack. (She gave me one...). I plan on some bacon and eggs with my biscuits in the morning if the Lord doesn't take me home....

Have a great evening...

@BBUK : Here ya go. Yeungling Hershey's Chocolate Porter. Sweet. Easy drinking. Grabbed a sixer earlier today.

d0e4971b5fa1b2aac0b227ceeab7471e_640x640.jpg

Dang, how many varieties do they have? Guess I will have to look. I never got around to the octoberfest Yuengling but I wanted to. Once I am out and see it I will pick up twelve. This third one I just cracked open. This will be two past my usual but I put in some time this week. I never thought about sweet chocolate with beer though I do eat real dark chocolate at times with the beer.

Just trying to loosen up drinking three. I am usually (As the saying goes) as loose as goose grease but lately things just never seem to let up.

Tried watching NBA game tonight., They do three things: 1. Long range 3's. Ok, I've seen thousands., What's the interest? 2. They drive to basket for layup/dunk/block. Ok, I've seen thousands., 3. They shoot FT's. Ok, I've seen tens of thousands. Net (PI), what's the interest?

Tried watching NBA game tonight., They do three things: 1. Long range 3's. Ok, I've seen thousands., What's the interest? 2. They drive to basket for layup/dunk/block. Ok, I've seen thousands., 3. They shoot FT's. Ok, I've seen tens of thousands. Net (PI), what's the interest?
You are a braver man than I am. I lost all interest in the NBA years ago and have not seen a single game in decades. I would rather watch paint dry.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 43° and sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring mostly sunny skies and a high of 76°. Today is the first of four consecutive mid 70° days for us, which will be greatly appreciated.

Don't see any real intriguing football games to watch today. Good weekend to get out and do something.

Everyone stay safe on this Saturday.

landscape-1502217208-beautifulfallphotos.jpg

Good morning folks. Sad day for me. One of my closest friends died unexpectedly in Alabama and I got the news this morning.

I'll no doubt write about him in a more substantial way in coming days. But for now some of you might appreciate a Face Book post I put up to alert far flung friends. A couple glimpses here at the guy's legacy.

"I' m heartbroken by the reports that Jerry Seper has died.

He was an irreplaceable friend and an invaluable mentor. For nearly ten years we sat facing each other in The Washington Times' newsroom, and as Jerry once observed, we probably ate lunch with each other in this lifetime more than either of us did with any other person.

Jerry's work left an indelible mark on Washington journalism. When the DC City Paper named us "Washington's Best Investigative Reporters" (I was along for the ride) its story opened with the line "While the Washington Post slept..." True enough. Jerry woke up the city to corruption in the Marion Barry administration, and in doing so had a lasting impact on DC government.

And then he did unmatched work on the scandals of the Clinton White House, so much so that he was rewarded for it with a prestigious honor at the White House Correspondents Dinner -- an award Bill Clinton himself had to deliver. "Awkward meeting this way" Jerry said to Bill, as he gripped his hand tightly until the WT photographer could get the shot. The history of investigative reporting in Washington would be different without Jerry.

We talked recently, and he was in good spirits, but as always he was missing his beloved Myrna. I'm thinking of them together today, back where they belong and smiling."

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. It's currently 43° and sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring mostly sunny skies and a high of 76°. Today is the first of four consecutive mid 70° days for us, which will be greatly appreciated.

Don't see any real intriguing football games to watch today. Good weekend to get out and do something.

Everyone stay safe on this Saturday.

landscape-1502217208-beautifulfallphotos.jpg
Had to make a Costco run with Jan yesterday. When we got back, decided to cut firewood. We heat with firewood and winter is coming, besides it is good exercise. Had about an acre cleared last year of mostly small oak trees and it's all piled up, branches intertwined. Had a fall when a pair of shoes I was wearing had the sole come partially off one and get stuck in some small branches. Got a sore back this morning.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy. Today's high expected at around 90°F.

@MdWIldcat55 : Sorry to hear about your friend and former colleague. Sounds like he was a good journalist.

@berniecarbo : Get well soon.

No UK football today. Bah! Probably tune in the Horns and maybe other SEC or Big-12 games. Got a few chores pending.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

10-22-e1508502587502.jpg

. . . . .

@MdWIldcat55 : Sorry to hear about your friend and former colleague. Sounds like he was a good journalist.

@berniecarbo : Get well soon.

No UK football today. Bah! Probably tune in the Horns and maybe other SEC or Big-12 games. Got a few chores pending.

. . . . .
Ditto for me too.

Good morning from North Smiths Grove, KY. Currently 62.4°F and cloudy. Today's high expected at around 78°F. We actually have some clouds in the sky. It is so strange to see them. This, I believe, is the driest October of my life in this part of the world.

Berniecarbo as one gets older it is important to learn that we are becoming more fragile. I know you young punks don't realize that yet, but it happens! :)

Last edited:
Ditto for me too.

Good morning from North Smiths Grove, KY. Currently 62.4°F and cloudy. Today's high expected at around 78°F. We actually have some clouds in the sky. It is so strange to see them. This, I believe, is the drying October of my life in this part of the world.

Berniecarbo as one gets older it is important to learn that we are becoming more fragile. I know you young punks don't realize that yet, but it happens! :)
Yep! I used to be ten foot tall and bullet proof. Now I'm 3 foot seven and hurt a lot.

My Darling bought a case of cabbage. (Napa cabbage.) among other items I barely had room for in my trunk. Assorted soups and side dishes are coming. I am thankful...

305275191_6122831781063684_7611434492685410381_n.jpg

Edit: Do you notice no grocery bags... We do not do bags here in Fairfax county as there is a FIVE CENT tax on EACH bag. Yeah no charge but a five cent tax.

Last edited:
Hey folks back from a long, enjoyable, but tiring day driving through the Shenandoah Valley with my daughter. Now i face a few hours of mindless chatter with our house guests - my wife's college roomie and her husband. Ah well. The price of being in a marriage. And a small one.

Missed the Blue-White game. Who stood out?

Hey folks back from a long, enjoyable, but tiring day driving through the Shenandoah Valley with my daughter. Now i face a few hours of mindless chatter with our house guests - my wife's college roomie and her husband. Ah well. The price of being in a marriage. And a small one.

Missed the Blue-White game. Who stood out?
Several looked good; however, I am still trying to figure out who is who. Three did not play, Sahvir Wheeler, Oscar Tshiebwe and Lance Ware. C.J. Frederick looked good. Toppin and Collins impressed me. The big guy seems really agile for a man of his length.

It was so disorganized that it was distracting. The quality of the production sucked big time and Cal shortened the second half to 10 minutes. No commercials but many, many times the guys doing the "play by play" did not know what was going to happen next. If you have SEC Network + you can probably still watch it as it will start over again if you hit play.

@AustinTXCat

If you have any skeleton decorations for Halloween or rocking chairs...you better be on the look out!

From the article:

Footage from a Ring doorbell camera captured a man driving up to the victim’s Austin home in a black truck on Thursday at about 6:00 p.m.

The owner told FOX 7 Austin that he zip-tied the skeleton to the rocker, hoping to deter thieves, but the thief just decided to take off with both items.

The thief is seen loading the gangly ghoulish decoration into the back of a black truck with a waiting accomplice inside.

This is not the first skeleton-stealing incident to hit the Austin area.

Earlier this week, a neighbor’s Ring camera caught another thief stealing a 14-foot skeleton decoration in broad daylight.

My Darling bought a case of cabbage. (Napa cabbage.) among other items I barely had room for in my trunk. Assorted soups and side dishes are coming. I am thankful...

305275191_6122831781063684_7611434492685410381_n.jpg

Edit: Do you notice no grocery bags... We do not do bags here in Fairfax county as there is a FIVE CENT tax on EACH bag. Yeah no charge but a five cent tax.
You get taxed for grocery bags? Did I read that correct.

@AustinTXCat

If you have any skeleton decorations for Halloween or rocking chairs...you better be on the look out!

From the article:

Footage from a Ring doorbell camera captured a man driving up to the victim’s Austin home in a black truck on Thursday at about 6:00 p.m.

The owner told FOX 7 Austin that he zip-tied the skeleton to the rocker, hoping to deter thieves, but the thief just decided to take off with both items.

The thief is seen loading the gangly ghoulish decoration into the back of a black truck with a waiting accomplice inside.

This is not the first skeleton-stealing incident to hit the Austin area.

Earlier this week, a neighbor’s Ring camera caught another thief stealing a 14-foot skeleton decoration in broad daylight.
No bones about, these guys are ghoulish thieves.

Good Sunday morning D-League. It's currently 46° and clear here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring sunny skies and a high of 77°.

It's looking like a Phillies-Astros World Series. Phillies are up 3-1 and the Astros are up 3-0 and have yet to lose a postseason game.

Have a great day.

120114527_164251628647408_5591693791506334750_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 90°F. Possibility for rain and cooler temperatures tomorrow as another front rolls in.

Watched couple football games yesterday and Blue-White game, of course. It appears Cats have some shooters on the roster this season, not taking anything away from Kellen Grady or Davion Mintz. On the other hand, poor production quality by SECN+. Perhaps because of location (Pikeville)?

Grocery shopping and chores on today's agenda. May watch a little NFL.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

10-23.jpg

Yes Sir...
We do not get grocery bags at Costco or Sam's Club but I always thought that was because we were saving money. But I do not know of any grocery store where you get charged or taxed for bagging groceries.

We get a choice of paper or plastic. Free of charge and someone will offer to take the groceries to your car. If it is raining they will offer you an umbrella.

Below is an actual photo taken at Santa Maria Island. Beautiful colors.

311569418_2003482303188521_81480819543876516_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT