ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. We currently have a light rain and 37° here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring cloudy skies and a high of 49°.

Everyone stay safe on this Tuesday.

33688768_10155312304486697_5513187692373868544_n.jpg

Good morning good folks of the D. It was a cold 33°F this morning at 6:30am but we had enough cloud cover to avoid a frost, of course it has already frosted twice so it does not matter. It is now 37.8° but we are not supposed to get past 53. Still no chance of rain.

I went for my annual eye checkup yesterday (in Bowling Green) and down I-65 the color of the trees was quit impressive. Part of the color is because of lack of rain, but also the rain does not knock the colored leaves off the trees. The sun was bright and the colors wonderful.

I have to figure out a way to record the Friday night Blue white game off ESPN+. It is hard to get around the HDCP (High Definition Copyright Protection) that they encode to keep folks like me from making a copy of it. Intel came up with the technology and I don't know how to get around it. Last year I could get around it by using my BluRay player instead of the smart TV; however, now ESPN will not let their app work on any devise that has an HDMI outlet on it. My only hope is to get it off my computer. They are about to end my hobby. It really pisses me off because I do not sell the games, I just want to have copies of them.

You all have a good day.

Good morning D-League.

this is guessing weather. Do I need a sweater? Fleece? Heavy coat? I guessed nothing today and was wrong. Medium jacket would have been correct.

Still, clear and beautiful.

Really feeling like basketball season.

Looking forward to this weekend. My middle daughter and I are planning our annual Halloween tour of the Shenandoah Valley -see the changing leaves along the Appalachian Trail then take in some of the fun, spooky history. All the 17th and 18th century towns up there are steeped in ghost stories. It’s no random thing they set the Blair Witch movie in the small town of Burkittsville at the foot of South Mountain. She’s going to book us a ghost tour or two.

Gotta grind out the rest of this week first. Hope it’s a good day for all.
My folks came to Kentucky from Amherst County. It is on the Piedmont side of the valley. Pretty country over there.

I spent two summers in college working on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I dated and got engaged to a long legged North Carolina girl. She dropped my ass the second summer. Virginia was just up the road. In fact we parked off the Parkway just over the Virginia line. Fun times.

My folks came to Kentucky from Amherst County. It is on the Piedmont side of the valley. Pretty country over there.

I spent two summers in college working on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I dated and got engaged to a long legged North Carolina girl. She dropped my ass the second summer. Virginia was just up the road. In fact we parked off the Parkway just over the Virginia line. Fun times.
Yeah, it's really nice out Route 340 west from Frederick, Maryland.

That little corner near Harper's Ferry you can pass through three states -- Va-Md-WVA -- in fewer than five minutes. That's the area I'm talking about. We range from Frederick, Maryland through towns like Sheppardstown, Maryland, Sharpsburg, Maryland, Harper's Ferry WVA, Martinsburg, WVA, on out to Winchester, Virginia -- hometown of Virginia Patterson Hensley, better known as Patsy Cline. That's one of the towns I got married in along the way (there were only two.)

We take back-roads through the hills. Ground trod by Stonewall Jackson and many another hero of the Army of Northern Virginia.

Yeah, it's really nice out Route 340 west from Frederick, Maryland.

That little corner near Harper's Ferry you can pass through three states -- Va-Md-WVA -- in fewer than five minutes. That's the area I'm talking about. We range from Frederick, Maryland through towns like Sheppardstown, Maryland, Sharpsburg, Maryland, Harper's Ferry WVA, Martinsburg, WVA, on out to Winchester, Virginia -- hometown of Virginia Patterson Hensley, better known as Patsy Cline. That's one of the towns I got married in along the way (there were only two.)

We take back-roads through the hills. Ground trod by Stonewall Jackson and many another hero of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Sherry's, my wife, great great grandfather, a man named Ritter, was born in Frederick, MD and migrated to Kentucky.

On the Patriots: my Fourth 4th granduncle was Patrick Henry's lawyer, an British officer in the French and Indian war and a Col. in the Virginia line in the revolution. His brother Benjamin Aimsley Higginbotham, my 4th great grandfather, fought with him in the revolution; along with Ben's son, Ben Junior. Ben Junior's son, Larkin claimed the land in the west (Kentucky) and that is how my folks ended up in this area.

So a big portion of my family and my wife's family came to Kentucky from that area because of the American Revolution.

I love history.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 57°F, a bit windy and partly cloudy. Today's high expected around 70°F. Fall finally here in Central Texas! Cold front moved through. Wearing long pants for first time since April while out walking this morning.

Local news just reported Dallas-area Fentanyl overdoses up 500% since 2019. Yikes! It appears we've got a serious epidemic going on.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Chocolate-Cupcake-Day.jpg

Last's as long as three weeks or so too, right... 😅

Last edited:
I was pleased to see Keith Whitley is being inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. His young career was tragically cut short like many other greats but while on earth he was a super talent.

What could have been had it not been for those demons that got control of his life.

312109294_478666430969097_3267582545826904265_n.jpg

Sir,
I seriously liked his music and then he was gone. Lorrie Morgan had a hard time too from what I read.

Morning Legionnaires!

41° this morning with the high expected around 60. Whooo! Hoooo! I'll take it for a day or so then back up into the 80's for a week. Looking forward to the cooler weather even though it is only a couple of days. Fishing will be thrown off but, when it warms up for the days following, I will be back on track.

Wife bought two turkeys on Friday (.68 a pound) with the intent to keep one frozen until just before Thanksgiving and the other to be cooked this weekend. Figured while they were under a dollar it was best to get them now. I love turkey so; I am good with it. With prices still going up we must take advantage of the prices now.

My mortgage went up $195.00 more for next month. All of the increase was in the tax and insurance area. Biggest increase ever by far so, I will be on the phone with the mortgage company sometime today and ask why such a large increase. Hopefully they are not gouging because of the current inflation problems.

At any rate, Thanks Joe Biden!

Rant over.

Insurance companies and taxes, taxes and insurance.... fight the chumps. Blacken both eyes.... (I have a bout with them too shortly.) Interests rates at 2.25 fixed, hallelujah but the other two................Bidenomics along with a communistic opportunity... (I will stop, I will stop...)

Last edited:
Good morning good folks of the D. It was a cold 33°F this morning at 6:30am but we had enough cloud cover to avoid a frost, of course it has already frosted twice so it does not matter. It is now 37.8° but we are not supposed to get past 53. Still no chance of rain.

I went for my annual eye checkup yesterday (in Bowling Green) and down I-65 the color of the trees was quit impressive. Part of the color is because of lack of rain, but also the rain does not knock the colored leaves off the trees. The sun was bright and the colors wonderful.

I have to figure out a way to record the Friday night Blue white game off ESPN+. It is hard to get around the HDCP (High Definition Copyright Protection) that they encode to keep folks like me from making a copy of it. Intel came up with the technology and I don't know how to get around it. Last year I could get around it by using my BluRay player instead of the smart TV; however, now ESPN will not let their app work on any devise that has an HDMI outlet on it. My only hope is to get it off my computer. They are about to end my hobby. It really pisses me off because I do not sell the games, I just want to have copies of them.

You all have a good day.

Sir,

xbox has some capture technology built into Windows 10. I know they did some changing but I captured a lot of training video's off Youtube that way. (Youtube hosted but I paid for the training and was able to record it using the capture technology. I think that was added to having to pay extra now but I am not sure of the cost. May be worth taking a gander depending on what operating system you run...

Sir,

xbox has some capture technology built into Windows 10. I know they did some changing but I captured a lot of training video's off Youtube that way. (Youtube hosted but I paid for the training and was able to record it using the capture technology. I think that was added to having to pay extra now but I am not sure of the cost. May be worth taking a gander depending on what operating system you run...
You know a lot more about computers than me, but the HDCP is for real. I want studio quality video, 1080 lines at 34 frames a second. Intel knows what you are doing if you route the signal to a TV versus some other devise. If you do it 1/30 of a second later they shut down your devises. They are smart.

The stuff of YouTube is not top quality and I want good stuff.

Last year I could go through my BluRay player to pick up the games on ESPN+ run it through a cheap Chinese splitter and it would defeat the HDCP. Now you can not get ESPN+ on your BluRay player (they figured out what guys like me were doing i.e. if you have a devise that you can capture the signal on and use it then they shut down the apps on any device that has an HDMI output). It has to go directly to your smart TV. So you cannot get the signal from your TV to reproduce it. The guys at Disney and Intel are smarter than me. I have been trying to find some illegal software to defeat the HDCP and I can't find it.

You know a lot more about computers than me, but the HDCP is for real. I want studio quality video, 1080 lines at 34 frames a second. Intel knows what you are doing if you route the signal to a TV versus some other devise.

The stuff of YouTube is not top quality and I want good stuff.

Last year I could go through my BluRay player to pick up the games on ESPN+ run it through a cheap Chinese splitter and it would defeat the HDCP. Now you can not get ESPN+ on your BluRay player. It has to go directly to your smart TV. So you cannot get the signal from your TV to reproduce it. The guys at Disney and Intel are smarter than me. I have been trying to find some illegal software to defeat the HDCP and I can't find it.

Out of my league Sir. I stay careful if at all possible. I will send you a site in a side bar.

Sherry's, my wife, great great grandfather, a man named Ritter, was born in Frederick, MD and migrated to Kentucky.

On the Patriots: my Fourth 4th granduncle was Patrick Henry's lawyer, an British officer in the French and Indian war and a Col. in the Virginia line in the revolution. His brother Benjamin Aimsley Higginbotham, my 4th great grandfather, fought with him in the revolution; along with Ben's son, Ben Junior. Ben Junior's son, Larkin claimed the land in the west (Kentucky) and that is how my folks ended up in this area.

So a big portion of my family and my wife's family came to Kentucky from that area because of the American Revolution.

I love history.
Yep, I think we compared notes before Bert and concluded along about 1680-1750 or so your wife's kin and my immediate ancestors must have been near-neighbors. My great-great-(etc.) grandfather owned a "plantation" -- whatever that meant in those days -- along the Monocacy River which runs just south of the town of Frederick, MD.

Getting ready to leave the house for 2 softball games 6:30 and 7:30 tonight. Weather hit 60° today and is there now. light winds but it is supposed to pick up shortly as the temp drops to low 30's overnight. Got a long sleeve undershirt on just in case it drops a lot while we play.

Getting ready to leave the house for 2 softball games 6:30 and 7:30 tonight. Weather hit 60° today and is there now. light winds but it is supposed to pick up shortly as the temp drops to low 30's overnight. Got a long sleeve undershirt on just in case it drops a lot while we play.

I know you are playing already but kick butt and take names!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 45°F and clear. Calm. Today's high expected at around 72°F. Nice. Our coldest mornng since March 25. My favorite time of the year. Might wear a jacket on my morning walk. Warming up tomorrow. Chance for rain next week.

Texas power grid continues to see record demand. Just experienced an all-time October record. All those California peeps moving here.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Seafood-Bisque-Day.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning,

There is a chill in the air. 45° as we work our way up to 67° with mostly sunny skies and no rain for the day.

I am barefoot and will remain so no matter how far the temperature drops around here. Today is physical therapy on the shoulder and then a few hours working out on the machines, treadmill, etc. Cardiovascular stuff.

Bacon frying and the coffee is good on this chilly morning.

Trust all are well.

312253052_5910992015618037_1455584164477351548_n.png

Morning Legionnaires!

37° right now with a high of 69° expected. Light winds and all sunshine in the forecast.

Lost both games last night 14-13 and 19-17 as I went 4-6 at the plate. The fight after the last game was a draw as 2 people (one from us and one from the other team) were bleeding from the head. Our left fielder and their shortstop have a history and (as I found out last night) have had scuffles in the past. Both men are in their 30's and married with kids. Both were jaw jacking during the game and when the game was over, and we were in the line to shake hands their shortstop sucker punched our left fielder, and it was on. Did not last long as members of both teams pulled them apart with both sustaining head injuries (nothing serious just a little bleeding). There were a couple on each side squaring up but nothing else happened.

Their pitcher was bouncing around like ricochet rabbit telling people he was a black belt in BJJ. He was a scrawny young man probably in his early 20's. One of my guys turned to me and said "OK Mac, this one is yours" I just shook my head and laughed as one of the older guys on his team who knew me grabbed the kid as I was trying to tell him to just leave it be and go back their dugout. As I walked and talked with the older guy near their dugout Ricochet was still yapping from the dugout and said to me, "you don't know who you're messing with" That's when the guy I was talking too told him to shut up and sit down.

Three men were ejected from the field (our leftfielder, their shortstop, and Ricochet). Ahh well, youthful exuberance.

Last edited:
Good morning, D, Read Romans 10 this morning, what a powerful verse!!!!

Any of the D ever seen the satellite train, pretty amazing.

I have been busy, but I keep up with the D, I have been working on my glass ornaments, I have made somewhere around 85 the last couple weeks, got 25 laying on the worktable ready to be soldered. Solder, when I started about 20 years ago, I was paying less than $5 for a pound roll of solder, I found some cheap solder at Hobby Lobby for $23, some places for name brand is $30! Thanks Joe!!!!

Bert, my twisted sister was at Jackson's Orchard yesterday, she bought me some Fuji apples, best one I have had!!!
It was really good with peanut butter!!!!

We have had two days in a row with 29 degrees, but what beautiful days!!! Got a message from my farmer friend, they cut their soybeans Sunday, time to arrow hunt!!!! My son found a bucket lister on our last hunt, a double-sided nutting stone, one side was stained really dark where they had cracked walnuts on that side. We just need some rain to wash the dirt off the arrow heads now!!!

I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!! Please keep my sons in your prayers, Jason is still struggling with our loss of JP and my other son is a policeman! I keep up with the D, trying to get back in here with yawl, you guys help me dealing with things!!! Lucky to have found yawl!!!

Good morning, D, Read Romans 10 this morning, what a powerful verse!!!!

Any of the D ever seen the satellite train, pretty amazing.

I have been busy, but I keep up with the D, I have been working on my glass ornaments, I have made somewhere around 85 the last couple weeks, got 25 laying on the worktable ready to be soldered. Solder, when I started about 20 years ago, I was paying less than $5 for a pound roll of solder, I found some cheap solder at Hobby Lobby for $23, some places for name brand is $30! Thanks Joe!!!!

Bert, my twisted sister was at Jackson's Orchard yesterday, she bought me some Fuji apples, best one I have had!!!
It was really good with peanut butter!!!!

We have had two days in a row with 29 degrees, but what beautiful days!!! Got a message from my farmer friend, they cut their soybeans Sunday, time to arrow hunt!!!! My son found a bucket lister on our last hunt, a double-sided nutting stone, one side was stained really dark where they had cracked walnuts on that side. We just need some rain to wash the dirt off the arrow heads now!!!

I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!! Please keep my sons in your prayers, Jason is still struggling with our loss of JP and my other son is a policeman! I keep up with the D, trying to get back in here with yawl, you guys help me dealing with things!!! Lucky to have found yawl!!!
Twisted Sister?

Good morning D-League.

Nice photo of Philly 41102.

Quick story -My wife and I really like Philly. It’s only a two hour drive for us. Lots of amazing history and museums. One late winter morning in 2020 we just got the urge for a Cheesesteak, got in the car and drove to Philly, went to Geno’s for lunch (we give them the slightest edge over Pat’s cheesesteaks) hit a few of our favorite museums, had dinner at a great Italian spot we know and drove home. The next day all the COVID restrictions hit, and it turned out to be our last road trip for a while.

Cold morning today -low 30s. Heading for work on the subway. Hope you all have a great day.

Morning fellers.

Know what happened 59 years ago today?

A little barely 18 year old girl and I got ourselves hitched.
You two must have been in love for it to last 59 years. You got me and Sherry by 3 years.

Love is wonderful.

Of course without pictures it did not happen. Here is my Sherry 5 years into our marriage:
14305363_1062068747242042_5051609447524071150_o.jpg

I would do it again.

I guy I knew many years ago was going to divorce his wife. I think he had 3 or 4 kids.
The judge told him how much his child support was going to be. He said he didn't even make that much money. The judge said, "Well, I guess you are just going to have to get another job then". He told the judge. "Hell, I'd rather live with the old bitch if that's the way it's gonna be." Then he got up and walked out.

Congrats to Starchief for 59 years of marriage and Bert for his lovely bride. What was she thinking?

On another topic: I saw a stat today that is sobering as hell for Reds fans. In February 2019, the Padres signed Manny Machado to a 10-year, $300 million deal. A week later the Phillies signed Bryce Harper to a 13-year, $330 million deal. Everybody said both teams were crazy to tie up that much money. But this week, 4 seasons later, those teams will compete for the NL Pennant.

In other words, you got to spend money to compete. But as the idiot, incompetent son of failed Reds owner Bob Castellini said in April, "Where you gonna go, Reds fans?" I don't know where I'm going to go, but I'll repeat what I said of Phil Castellini then - he can go to hell.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT