ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Coconut cream is the best of all pies. Anyone that says different just don't know pie!

Sir, Sir, Sir,....

Sigh Sir............ I am the common sewer of pie. (Or is that connoisseur?)

You must understand something, not all pies are alike. See, there are main course pies and desert pies (Just to keep it simple.) (I could go into the four distinct levels of pie...) :cool:

An example of a main course pie could be a pumpkin, sweet potato, pecan, or some of that ilk, while a dessert pie would consist of, the beloved coconut cream pie, or chocolate, or even a banana cream pie....(The berry pies are in a class of their own...The "health nut" sector of pie. They do serve their distinct purpose(s).)

The intricacy of pies and their various places within the four course meal must be established. I do however agree, the Coconut cream pie is the best desert pie and may be at times the best overall pie. It all depends on the depths of my hunger at the time....

Well, that's my story anyway... 😁

Last edited:
Sir, Sir, Sir,....

You must understand something, not all pies are alike. See, there are main course pies and desert pies (Just to keep it simple.) (I could go into the four distinct levels of pie...) :cool:

An example of a main course pie could be a pumpkin, sweet potato, pecan, or some of that ilk, while a desert pie would consist of, the beloved coconut cream pie, or chocolate, or even a banana cream pie....(The berry pies are in a class of their own...The "health nut" sector of pie. They do serve their distinct purpose(s).)

The intricacy of pies and their various places within the four course meal must be established. I do however agree, the Coconut cream pie is the best desert pie and may be at times the best overall pie. It all depends on the depths of my hunger at the time....

Did anyone ever tell you that you are "full of it"?

Did anyone ever tell you that you are "full of it"?

How did you hear Sir? Darn it, I was trying to keep it hidden but I got a BIG mouth, even when I type. More pie, gallons of pie, bucket's or platters if any are temperamental. Speaking for myself and Curly, I am temper-mental. (95% temper, and 5% mental.) I'd blame it on my Darling being a great cook but I can only take that excuse so far. :oops:

Still working, still working... ;)

Anyone interested the Reds are up 20-5 on the Cubs bottom of the 8th. Cubs shortstop is now pitching basically conceding the game.

I pitched a game once, just once... In little league. I had great control but the radar didn't register much on my speed. Guys got hitting me pretty well, so I started hitting them. I got yanked. The chumps I hit snickered at me that I didn't hurt them I was throwing too slow. (Not sure why, I had a cannon playing third and the outfield.) and my coach couldn't figure it out. My mechanics I guess.)

Sir, Sir, Sir,....

An example of a main course pie could be a pumpkin, sweet potato, pecan, or some of that ilk, while a desert pie would consist of, the beloved coconut cream pie, or chocolate, or even a banana cream pie....(The berry pies are in a class of their own...The "health nut" sector of pie. They do serve their distinct purpose(s).)

BBUK, you would love the Blueberry pie that I make, sugar, cool whip, cream cheese, blueberry pie filling and bananas!

Blueberry Dessert- makes 2 pies

1/3 or 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1- 8oz. Cream cheese - softened
1- 8oz. Cool Whip - thawed
2- 9' Graham Cracker pie shells
1- Can Blueberry Pie filling
2 or 3 Bananas

Mix sugar, cream cheese and cool whip in a bowl
Spread mixture into the pie shells
Cut bananas and place in a circle on top of the mixture
Here is where I put the mixture in the refrigerator for a while to let it firm up
After it has cooled for a while spread the can of Blueberry pie filling on top of the mixture and bananas
Keep both or give one away- Store in the fridge!!!
Enjoy Cord!!!

You can make your own crust by crushing up Pecan Sandie cookies and mixing it with butter
Graham cracker crusts are just easier!
found it

Fried fish and drank beer today. Used 3 different coatings. McCormicks fish batter. A simple beer batter. Slap Ya Mama! coating stuff. Tried each to see how we would cook the rest of the batch. Turned out to be McCormicks batter and then dipped in Slap Ya Mama. This will be our go to for the next fish fry. Highly recommend. SYM is not hot at all. Just good.

Shout out for induction burners. I have one for the cook table outside and I love the thing. Used it today for frying the fish and all I had to do was set it at 375° and it held the oil at 350 for over an hour while we cooked and ate the fish. I used an old school deep sided skillet that is probably for frying chicken. More like frying quail. Anyway, it's heavy cast iron so it works great for the purpose.

Fried fish and drank beer today. Used 3 different coatings. McCormicks fish batter. A simple beer batter. Slap Ya Mama! coating stuff. Tried each to see how we would cook the rest of the batch. Turned out to be McCormicks batter and then dipped in Slap Ya Mama. This will be our go to for the next fish fry. Highly recommend. SYM is not hot at all. Just good.

Shout out for induction burners. I have one for the cook table outside and I love the thing. Used it today for frying the fish and all I had to do was set it at 375° and it held the oil at 350 for over an hour while we cooked and ate the fish. I used an old school deep sided skillet that is probably for frying chicken. More like frying quail. Anyway, it's heavy cast iron so it works great for the purpose.

Sounds like some good times. I liked fried pies too!😁

Good morning from ATX. Currently 72°F and clear. Today's high expected around 96°F.

Forgot my badge on the way to work yesterday. Turned around and drove back. Thankfully office is only 5 miles from home.

Need a new office chair for my home office. Current chair piston is worn out and will not maintain height. Plan on purchasing another Saturday.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design1.jpg

Getting ready to go and work on getting some fish for a fish fry this weekend. Leaving the house in about 30 minutes.

Oh sit right back and you'll here a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip.
That started as a myopic chore,
Professed from my lying lips.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Only if I have a story of the one that got away.

There are few things in life better than a good ole' fish fry. We cook them outside and always have hush puppies and swamp cabbage on the side.

Life is good

Good morning ball,

My Darling and I, along with the BB, are heading back to South Carolina around 11 or so once I clean and pack our car.

I took off today and we have the long weekend and have a place to stay and figured a working vacation is in order.

Taking my tool bag, a couple chairs, some bedding, and cleaning supplies. The crab traps, only two poles, and the small rakes,(garden and crab.)

Have a great day and take care. As my Dad used to say, "Be somebody"...

Sounds like some good times. I liked fried pies too!😁
My mom and dad always had apple trees and dad had built apple drying things. They were 2'x4' each and he put galvanized metal on the bottom and screen on a hinged top. Mom would fill them up with the apple slices and dad would set them outside in the sun. If it rained he would bring them back in. They were "harvested" when they were good and shriveled up and brown. Mom would put them in quart mason jars, cap them and put them in the pantry.

Then my mom would do the miracle: she would make fried apple pies out of them. They were to die for.

Last edited:
Good morning! I've got a couple of errands to run this morning and then it's golf at 1530. Would be fine with me if it gets rained out.

Only 2 full days left in the Summer of Bob! I will leave for the airport at 1000 Sunday morning. She sounds like she's had a great time. I'm happy for her, she works hard all the time.

Time to get tags for my truck again. I hate going down there and having them tell me my vehicle is worth $5000 more than anyone in their right mind would pay for it. I wonder what they would say the value is if they were PAYING me money for it?

I'm ready for some football!

Just went over to KSR and saw that C Rodriquez may have more troubles than just the dui. Not looking good for the home team. A successful year has to include a victory in Florida and having CR would increase our chances. According to Jones, he may not play at all this year. I would have to assume that means he won't play here again.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Just went over to KSR and saw that C Rodriquez may have more troubles than just the dui. Not looking good for the home team. A successful year has to include a victory in Florida and having CR would increase our chances. According to Jones, he may not play at all this year. I would have to assume that means he won't play here again.

This is why we can't have nice things.
What??? This is a big hit if it happens. I pray it does not.

Hello D-League. We're having a big thunderstorm early in the day, and I just got a warning on my phone that a Tornado was spotted and to head to the basement.

That seems a bit of an overreaction. But it is stormy. I really feel bad for my younger daughter. They were having an outside dedication for their new building at her school today, and she'd planned lots of fun for her elementary aged kids. That's a wash-out no doubt.

A friend sent me a link to a song by a guy I'd never heard of - Bobby Cool. I like this song...

Sir,

I will work for food and sustenance.
As a master carpenter I have recieved many offers to come help on an aray of projects.......and they'll furnish all the beer I want to drink......first off in my whole career I never mixed work with any of my vices..........not once.......and I still have all fingers and toes...........My normal reply is, " that they can pay me and I'll pick up some beer on the way home"......

Ran a couple of errands and then went by to get my tags. People were backed up in the hallway. This won't be the first time I've had expired tags and it won't be the last. Since I don't want to do it anyway, Tuesday morning sounds like a fine time to do it.

Fishing report: 9 strikes 5 hooked 5 landed one of them a 3lb cat from Bald pond (my new go to). Thought I had a lunker because those suckers fight good. Imagine my disappointment. I already have 3 cats and a Catarena at the house, do not need more. The 4 bass ranged from about 1lb to 2 1/2lbs. Had to leave early because the rule on Ft. Sill is if troops move into the area you have to leave so, I went to Rattler to finish my morning.

At Rattler I ran into 2 Jake no shoulders (both water snakes) the first was around 2 ft long and curious. I scared it away but after going into the water (waders) it flanked me and I had to run it off again. It kept coming back so I moved down the bank a ways to fish. Got nothing so I moved back up to see if it had left yet and I was met on the bank with another water snake twice the other ones size and it looked pissed as if to say don't pick on my little brother. I moved him back into the water with a couple of foot stomps and just quit for the day.

Rattler and Corn Planter seem to have been fished out so now Bald and Natches are my go to ponds. Pictured below is Bald this morning.

20220527-080356.jpg
20220527-080402.jpg
20220527-080412.jpg

As a master carpenter I have recieved many offers to come help on an aray of projects.......and they'll furnish all the beer I want to drink......first off in my whole career I never mixed work with any of my vices..........not once.......and I still have all fingers and toes...........My normal reply is, " that they can pay me and I'll pick up some beer on the way home"......

Sigh Sir,

It's all in how long you milk the sustainence... Sir, it's an art form... ;)

Hello D-League. We're having a big thunderstorm early in the day, and I just got a warning on my phone that a Tornado was spotted and to head to the basement.

That seems a bit of an overreaction. But it is stormy. I really feel bad for my younger daughter. They were having an outside dedication for their new building at her school today, and she'd planned lots of fun for her elementary aged kids. That's a wash-out no doubt.

A friend sent me a link to a song by a guy I'd never heard of - Bobby Cool. I like this song...
If that ain't Bluegrass I ain't never heard any.

I like it.

Sherry would not like it.

I sure would like to meet you MdWildcat. We are similar! (Crazy hillbillies)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT