ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

A rare Joe Cocker Spaniel.

a61ZNgq_460s.jpg

Just went over to KSR and saw that C Rodriquez may have more troubles than just the dui. Not looking good for the home team. A successful year has to include a victory in Florida and having CR would increase our chances. According to Jones, he may not play at all this year. I would have to assume that means he won't play here again.

This is why we can't have nice things.
No words. Hopefully this is just a rumor.

Just went over to KSR and saw that C Rodriquez may have more troubles than just the dui. Not looking good for the home team. A successful year has to include a victory in Florida and having CR would increase our chances. According to Jones, he may not play at all this year. I would have to assume that means he won't play here again.

This is why we can't have nice things.
I heard that as well. It would be a huge loss if it turns out to be true.

Home from the golf course again. Our little team did well tonight. 6 under par 29 on the front nine. The winner was highest score on 4.5,6. We birdied each of those holes. Not a winner. It's a fun format where the worst team has as much chance to win as the best team.

It rained on us a couple of times. Several teams quit. It was windy and about 60° with a very cold rain. I was wearing short pants and a thin short sleeved shirt. Basically miserable for a while.

I have a FULL day ahead of me tomorrow. I hope to have all the cats here that were here when she left.

If CRod didn't murder anyone, and I don't think he did, then let him play. Don't punish me for his shortcomings. Don't punish the other players. We're too close to let things like this knock us off our path. Nick Saban would play him and make you understand why it was the best thing to do.

I was so proud of my oldest daughter last night. Watching her graduate with honors and a 4.2 gpa was special for me. While I'm happy for her to begin college this this Fall, it will also be hard not having her at home. They grow up so fast on you.
Congratulations on a job well done. 4.2 is outstanding. The best to her in the future, I know she will do well. Yes they do grow up fast. Too fast

If CRod didn't murder anyone, and I don't think he did, then let him play. Don't punish me for his shortcomings. Don't punish the other players. We're too close to let things like this knock us off our path. Nick Saban would play him and make you understand why it was the best thing to do.
I have a feeling in my gut he will play. The days of kicking players off the team are pretty much over. We are in free agency, paying players legally and very lax standards for student athletes. Heck the basketball team had a player (sitter) who could not prove when he graduated from high school. His handlers gave two different dates.

So for Mark Stoops to kick C-Rod off the team he would have had to do something that an apology would not be accepted. A DUI does not count, it would have to be murder.

Good Saturday Morning D

We are expecting a nice day today with a current temperature of 67° and winds a little calmer at 9 mph. Plenty of sunshine will be with us as we creep up to 83°. Not bad for this part of the country.

Last night was Friday Night At The Movies in our house and we watched Top Gun. My wife wanted to watch it again because today we are headed to the movie theater to watch the remake. I understand it is pretty good. With my granddaughter headed to the AF Academy my wife is suddenly taking an interest in fighter jets. It is almost funny because the first time she saw Top Gun she was bored (no interest) and now she takes in every second.

I trust all have a great day and smooth sailing.

71qQG4vz8LL._SY450_.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F, cloudy and humid. Clearing later for a high of 99°F.

Plan on shopping today for a new chair. Hope this undertaking remains simple. May go with one from Office Depot.

@UK_fan_41102 : Congratulations to you, your wife and your daughter. Quite an accomplishment.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members..

NATIONAL-BRISKET-DAY-%E2%80%93-May-28-e1590517777533.png

Good Saturday morning D-League. It is a sunny 64.4°F and when I got up this morning it was a cool 28°, but it is supposed to climb up to a nice 76°. That should be a great day.

Congratulations to your daughter @UK_fan_41102 that is one fine achievement. Best of luck to her in college.

My plan today is to spray some roundup in the mulched areas where I have some baby trees sprouting.

You all enjoy the first day of a three day weekend and remember those vets.

Good morning! I've been up and at it for a couple of hours now. I've been assessing the situation and I don't see where I"m going to find the time for beer today. Maybe a few tonight while I sit here and think about all the stuff I didn't get done.

Not only is C Rod up in the air, we also lost that receiver from Alabama. From reading his statement, it seems like UK backed off of him. Judging by his writing, he's never seen a textbook and learned English from twitter.

I played the lottery last night. If I won, I'm going to donate all the money to Ukraine. Sure I know people here that need the money, I could use the money myself, but I want to be a good patriot and help fight Putin. It's worth it. It really is.

Take it easy fellas, I got this.

I was so proud of my oldest daughter last night. Watching her graduate with honors and a 4.2 gpa was special for me. While I'm happy for her to begin college this this Fall, it will also be hard not having her at home. They grow up so fast on you.

Yep, been there, done that. Two daughters and a son. Rough stuff. Congrats are in order though...🥳

Hello all,

Typing to you from our home in Summerville SC. Arrived real late last night. Taking sort of a working vacation. Sprucing up this home for the next tenant but it is pristine as is except for the landscape which is our target.

Just brought the BB and crab traps this time. Already having a great time. Take care all ..

Good Saturday Morning D

We are expecting a nice day today with a current temperature of 67° and winds a little calmer at 9 mph. Plenty of sunshine will be with us as we creep up to 83°. Not bad for this part of the country.

Last night was Friday Night At The Movies in our house and we watched Top Gun. My wife wanted to watch it again because today we are headed to the movie theater to watch the remake. I understand it is pretty good. With my granddaughter headed to the AF Academy my wife is suddenly taking an interest in fighter jets. It is almost funny because the first time she saw Top Gun she was bored (no interest) and now she takes in every second.

I trust all have a great day and smooth sailing.

71qQG4vz8LL._SY450_.jpg
We watched Dr. Morbius last night. It was ok, more of a vampire movie than a marvel hero movie.

Yesterday during my fishing trip when the soldiers came into the area I had to leave. When leaving 5 NCO's came over to view my catch. All of them were wearing soft caps but had Drill Sergeant patches on their uniforms. They were on status and when I ask where their campaign hat was they said that when they train the soldiers in the field they wear soft caps now. The ranges, road marches, field exercises, etc...I had heard before that it was for the safety of the DI's since there had been threats in the past and a DI killed at a grenade range from an angry trainee so, at a distance not knowing who was who at ranges they figured if they were going to shoot them they would make sure first. The campaign hat sticks out at a distance so...

Last edited:
Taking a break. Making progress. Get to take a drive to Goodwill soon to drop off about a hundred pounds of clothing.

I suppose I'll go ahead and mow the grass today as well. I'll weed eat too to make it look good for when she gets home tomorrow. I've watered the plants out front well enough that none of them died. Kinda proud of that.

Had a cat missing in action last night when I shut the house down. I went out in the dark and looked for it because she's kind of afflicted. Can't walk straight and her head is always cocked at about 45° angle. To top it off, she's deaf as well. Those things are the reason I let her inside to start with. She would not have survived outside. She was hidden in the house somewhere the whole time.

Speaking of shutting down the house, I got home last night a little before 9. When I came in there was a raccoon in the kitchen helping himself to some free cat food. I yelled at the little bastard and he grabbed a bag of cat treats and scurried away. I assumed he had gone out both doors and was in the backyard again. Nope, bastard pulled a fast one on me and stayed in the house.

I went out back to search for the aforementioned cat and there he was on the screened in porch eating cat treats. I went back inside and grabbed a 1 iron and headed into battle. I opened the door to the outside first to give him a chance to run, but he held his ground. He never hissed at me or acted agressive in any way. He seemed annoyed that I was bothering him while he was eating.

I had a good opportunity to crush his little skull with the club while his head was down getting a bite, but I decided I didn't want blood all over the place and I would assume it would have gotten messy.

I finally prodded him out door. If raccoons bruise, he's got a couple.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled day...

We watched Dr. Morbius last night. It was ok, more of a vampire movie than a marvel hero movie.

Yesterday during my fishing trip when the soldiers came into the area I had to leave. When leaving 5 NCO's came over to view my catch. All of them were wearing soft caps but had Drill Sergeant patches on their uniforms. They were on status and when I ask where their campaign hat was they said that when they train the soldiers in the field they wear soft caps now. The ranges, road marches, field exercises, etc...I had heard before that it was for the safety of the DI's since there had been threats in the past and DI's killed at ranges from angry soldiers so, at a distance not knowing who was who at ranges they figured if they were going to shoot them they would make sure first. The campaign hat sticks out at a distance so...
WOW. Things sure have changed since I was a DI. I know some trainee probably thought about it but I was never in danger or even thought I was in danger. And we brought in draftees from the ghettos of Detroit, Chicago and Cleveland. A judge would say, "Go to the army or go to jail" And we got them.

We would never wear a soft cap, except in the dead of winter and that was fur lined. We would never wear what we called a baseball cap training troops. We wore our Smokey Bear hat or a helmet liner. Trainee wore a helmet liner or helmet when training.

I just returned home from watching Top Gun II, As we exited my wife said she was confident she could fly one of those F-18's if she had the training. I said really? And then she asked me if I thought she was a good automobile driver. I then reminded her it was I who taught her to drive and she used my car to take her test. We smiled and I said, yes sweetheart I know you could fly one of the jets and land it on an aircraft carrier in the middle of a hurricane. Why not!

I want supper tonight and mama didn't raise no fool. You don't argue with your wife on an empty stomach. She is in the kitchen frying some flounder right now so all is well.

Last edited:
Taking a break. Making progress. Get to take a drive to Goodwill soon to drop off about a hundred pounds of clothing.

I suppose I'll go ahead and mow the grass today as well. I'll weed eat too to make it look good for when she gets home tomorrow. I've watered the plants out front well enough that none of them died. Kinda proud of that.

Had a cat missing in action last night when I shut the house down. I went out in the dark and looked for it because she's kind of afflicted. Can't walk straight and her head is always cocked at about 45° angle. To top it off, she's deaf as well. Those things are the reason I let her inside to start with. She would not have survived outside. She was hidden in the house somewhere the whole time.

Speaking of shutting down the house, I got home last night a little before 9. When I came in there was a raccoon in the kitchen helping himself to some free cat food. I yelled at the little bastard and he grabbed a bag of cat treats and scurried away. I assumed he had gone out both doors and was in the backyard again. Nope, bastard pulled a fast one on me and stayed in the house.

I went out back to search for the aforementioned cat and there he was on the screened in porch eating cat treats. I went back inside and grabbed a 1 iron and headed into battle. I opened the door to the outside first to give him a chance to run, but he held his ground. He never hissed at me or acted agressive in any way. He seemed annoyed that I was bothering him while he was eating.

I had a good opportunity to crush his little skull with the club while his head was down getting a bite, but I decided I didn't want blood all over the place and I would assume it would have gotten messy.

I've mentioned my former dog Maddie before. She was a large very strong boxer. One day a raccoon got in the fenced back yard. All the dogs chased it and it tried to climb over a tall back fence. Maddie jumped up and grabbed it by the neck. It's neck was broke before Maddie hit the ground.

I've mentioned my former dog Maddie before. She was a large very strong boxer. One day a raccoon got in the fenced back yard. All the dogs chased it and it tried to climb over a tall back fence. Maddie jumped up and grabbed it by the neck. It's neck was broke before Maddie hit the ground.
We had a border collie/chow mix. Typical farm dog. She killed several racoons that I know of.

had to take another break. Got laundry going and getting hungry. No beer yet, but I know where it is.

I've had a silent day here. No tv, no tunes, nothing. Except for the coffee grinder, oh, and the lawn mower, that was plenty loud.

Ought to star Bill Murray....

Me and the BB hit the ocean. My Darling will get her feet wet is about it but me and the BB hit the deep water, waves crashing, me and the BB were literally repeatedly baptized. We came up laughing each time. I had him in my arms well. I will see what pics my Darling took when I get back and may post a few.

We are crashed in the folding chairs in our living room waiting for my Darling. She is the last to shower.

I think we are headed to Smoky Bones for supper. We shall see. If not dark by the time we return the BB wants to wet his line in our pond...take care...

Just read that there is a real possibility that we may have a meteor storm on Monday night after the Sun goes down. Some comet with a name I forget has been breaking up for years and we may cruise through some of it. A meteor shower becomes a storm when it exceeds 1000 meteors per hour.

If it happens it will be among the most spectacular sights we've ever seen. Anyone in the Americas will be able to see it, weather permitting, if it happens.

Good morning! I've been up and at it for a couple of hours now. I've been assessing the situation and I don't see where I"m going to find the time for beer today. Maybe a few tonight while I sit here and think about all the stuff I didn't get done.

Not only is C Rod up in the air, we also lost that receiver from Alabama. From reading his statement, it seems like UK backed off of him. Judging by his writing, he's never seen a textbook and learned English from twitter.

I played the lottery last night. If I won, I'm going to donate all the money to Ukraine. Sure I know people here that need the money, I could use the money myself, but I want to be a good patriot and help fight Putin. It's worth it. It really is.

Take it easy fellas, I got this.
This could be a GREAT season but C Rod is crucial. I say he plays.

The Director and myself attended Lexington Lafayette HS graduation...........we have a grandson who finished HS.......he had a weighted GPA of 4.2............good kid...........seems there was a fight at one of the exits at Rupp.....cops had a big ole kid 6'6-7"..........seems he was smart enough to graduate but not to comply.........his dad took off and in just a few minutes they were leading his butt to a cruiser.......the kid didn't fare as well........the cops had to gang tackle him to the ground and pile on.....nice graduation memory.....spent the night in the jail for being a big read headed dumb ass☹️..........

The Director and myself attended Lexington Lafayette HS graduation...........we have a grandson who finished HS.......he had a weighted GPA of 4.2............good kid...........seems there was a fight at one of the exits at Rupp.....cops had a big ole kid 6'6-7"..........seems he was smart enough to graduate but not to comply.........his dad took off and in just a few minutes they were leading his butt to a cruiser.......the kid didn't fare as well........the cops had to gang tackle him to the ground and pile on.....nice graduation memory.....spent the night in the jail for being a big read headed dumb ass☹️..........
When I first got home from Viet Nam, I had a lot of memories I didn't want, so I drank way to much. A buddy and I dropped in a biker bar one day. This guy couldn't have weighed over 150 pounds, but he was high on angel dust. They tried to kick him out of the bar. He literally ripped the door off its hinges and threw it at the bartender. They called the cops. You should've seen the rats deserting a sinking ship. You could hear the sirens were still a few blocks away as everyone sped off.

Many well known actors. Amazing cast of characters.
Yes they were, I saw it not long ago with my daughter who lives over in Ocala. It was made before she was born and she had not seen it before. Our local theater has one of their viewing rooms set up for classics only. Yesterday when I went to see Top Gun II, in the "Classic" room Indiana Jones was showing.

Speaking of Top Gun / Maverick, if you have a chance I would recommend anyone who enjoys a military movie to go see it. It is already one of my Top favorites and I am going again while it is still on the big screen.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 98°F.

Picked up new chair yesterday from Office Depot. Sits well. Owned old chair for maybe 20 years. Putting it out for bulk pickup on June 13.

Chores and grocery shopping on today's agenda.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

I might bake a few this morning...

befunky-design16.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT