ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning! Down to about the last hour now. I leave for the airport in less than an hour. These 10 days have flown by.

Spent all day and last night in quiet solitude. My ears are so rested I could hear a gnat fart.

Flash forward 50 years to this headline... There is no reason for a civilian to have a knife longer than 4" unless they are a licensed butcher! This carnage has got to stop!

They don't want our guns...YET! Just like the gay marriage, once you open the door, all kinds of bad things can walk through. Like a raccoon. Before gay marriage, we didn't have grown men in the bathroom with little girls. We probably did, but no one tried to tell us it was normal.

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Hello D-League...been a long time, I remember from a previous discussion here that one or maybe two here are from Muhlenberg County

Saw this

When I was in high school they had Muhlenberg North and Muhlenberg South...we beat South like a drum but those bastards at North, we were like 1-5 against them haha

Yes they were, I saw it not long ago with my daughter who lives over in Ocala. It was made before she was born and she had not seen it before. Our local theater has one of their viewing rooms set up for classics only. Yesterday when I went to see Top Gun II, in the "Classic" room Indiana Jones was showing.

Speaking of Top Gun / Maverick, if you have a chance I would recommend anyone who enjoys a military movie to go see it. It is already one of my Top favorites and I am going again while it is still on the big screen.
I haven't gone to the movies in years but this may change. I've heard nothing but rave reviews for Top Gun II.

Back from the airport. Summer of Bob is officially complete. There were no casualties so I'm calling it a success.

I hate the airport and hope to never fly again. It will probably happen some day, but not because I want to. I was going to drive to the bowl game last season in Florida. I'll be driving to the SEC Championship game in Atlanta to cheer on the Cats. I would fly to Vegas again. That's always been a fun flight. More fun than the flight home, if you know what I mean and I think that you do.

Yard is mowed. I pulled up about 50 wild cherry seedlings out of the mulch. I got hot. Today is the first time this year that it really felt humid. We are in a summer weather pattern now.

As @UK82 it is time for a couple pints of ice cream, but I don't know about graeter's. That is not fair. Hell I can't even walk to McDonalds!

a funny:
283796045_1298612567328051_8454509040203084021_n.jpg

Ha, you all are on it today.

My Darling and I witnessed the BB catching his first fish, then another three more times..... He liked it but I took him back in our house and he seemed to have just as good a time with the plastic fish I tied back onto the line of his new fishing pole.

My Darling told my grandson (The BB)...

"You learned to catch fish very well, now Grandma will take you to learn to catch crabs."

(We will leave shortly for the lesson My Darling must teach the BB.)

Back from the airport. Summer of Bob is officially complete. There were no casualties so I'm calling it a success.

I hate the airport and hope to never fly again. It will probably happen some day, but not because I want to. I was going to drive to the bowl game last season in Florida. I'll be driving to the SEC Championship game in Atlanta to cheer on the Cats. I would fly to Vegas again. That's always been a fun flight. More fun than the flight home, if you know what I mean and I think that you do.
You are probably like me and no doubt did a lot of flying in your profession. I was a mult-million flyer with Delta and American Airlines. I still have quite a few FF miles and have been retired since 2009. . But I hate the hassle of flying today.

I was on a flight last week from Atlanta to Tampa and a man in the center seat had to weigh or was pushing 400 lbs. He was huge. I was next to him in an aisle seat and he was at least 3/4 into my seat. I was sitting sideways, with one leg completely in the aisle. Of course the arm rest was up to make room for him. I was miserable. Before take off the flight attendant told me to move my leg under the seat in front of me. I couldn't so I didn't budge. Here she came, huffing a puffing. "I told you to move your leg under the seat in front of you". I looked at her without saying a word. Just a glare. Stone cold glare. She saw my problem and said "do the best you can". I replied, "you do understand, I have exceeded what I can do to obey your rules, don't you " To make it worse we had turbulence the entire trip and could not unfasten our seat belt. My plan was to stand up the entire trip but that got nipped in the bud with the fasten the seat belt do not get out of your seat order came from the pilot. GRRRRRRR!!!!

It was one of the most miserable hour and half's of my life and the worst I have felt on any flight in my memory. Thanks Delta.

The USAFA sent my granddaughter a few yard signs that she has planted in her yard. Speaking of flying, my wife is already starting to book flights to Colorado Springs. I told her to hold the horses but a woman is a woman, do they listen?. No. The girl is not going on vacation honey I said, so back off. I told the wife to send a letter and it would be less expensive.

We will head back up to Kentucky to stay with the other grandchildren when my son and daughter-in-law take her to the Academy. They will leave a week early to get her adjusted to the altitude. So she can hit the ground running. Literally.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teQG3Rsdyoa-5G0Rb6TXnFGdV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teR-IPzZzloFzg9xv0PZ9ZRFrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

NEVER FORGET

On this day I would like to remember and salute a cousin on my mother's side of the family, William Blanton, Jr. Here is a photo of him at West Point and a photo of his final resting place in Arlington Cemetery. He graduated in the Class of 1944 and was killed on July 5, 1944 at Normandy, France.

We lost a lot of great young men at Normandy. Rest in peace Bill, Jr., your family will always remember your sacrifice as one of our men who gave all.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teSn1KkpTzVkdYy1bCXixeTXqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teQmydfeM1SUwhG3up09J_LYUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Good morning D, read Revelation 9.

Remember those who gave their life, so we can be free!!!!

Metal detecting has taken a back seat to arrowhead hunting right now or until the crops get to big to walk through! I have found 4 complete ones and a bunch of broken ones! Saturday my son came over and we found quite a bit of flint, found a beautiful complete grey and white stripe one and a piece of flint bigger that a golf ball!!! I guess I have found something me and Mrs. M can do together, she loves arrowhead hunting, she also says it's great therapy, just lets us get away from things for a while!!! One of my son's friends dropped by while we were out there, gave us permission to get on his property, we now have over 1400 acres to search, plus he said that there is an old house place there that's over 100 years old, can't wait to detect this one!!!!

I hope the D has a great day and I hope you have a great Memorial Day!!!! We're headed to my twisted sister's house for lunch, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken and BBQ, starts at 2!!!

Hello D-League...been a long time, I remember from a previous discussion here that one or maybe two here are from Muhlenberg County

Saw this

When I was in high school they had Muhlenberg North and Muhlenberg South...we beat South like a drum but those bastards at North, we were like 1-5 against them haha
FR, I am from Central City here in the Berg, North always had a good team. Who did you play for? I remember the night Patrick scored I think it was 71, was listening to it on the radio, they were saying by the time the game was over that the gym was packed, because people were listening and going to the school to see the game!!! I read a lot of your posts, I am a Cardinal fan to, I go back to Musial!!!! I remember the Gibson, Boyer gang. I also remember Larry Jaster one year, I think he pitched like 6 shutouts in one season against the Dodgers. I could be wrong, Mrs. M says I am!!!!!

You are probably like me and no doubt did a lot of flying in your profession. I was a mult-million flyer with Delta and American Airlines. I still have quite a few FF miles and have been retired since 2009. . But I hate the hassle of flying today.

I was on a flight last week from Atlanta to Tampa and a man in the center seat had to weigh or was pushing 400 lbs. He was huge. I was next to him in an aisle seat and he was at least 3/4 into my seat. I was sitting sideways, with one leg completely in the aisle. Of course the arm rest was up to make room for him. I was miserable. Before take off the flight attendant told me to move my leg under the seat in front of me. I couldn't so I didn't budge. Here she came, huffing a puffing. "I told you to move your leg under the seat in front of you". I looked at her without saying a word. Just a glare. Stone cold glare. She saw my problem and said "do the best you can". I replied, "you do understand, I have exceeded what I can do to obey your rules, don't you " To make it worse we had turbulence the entire trip and could not unfasten our seat belt. My plan was to stand up the entire trip but that got nipped in the bud with the fasten the seat belt do not get out of your seat order came from the pilot. GRRRRRRR!!!!

It was one of the most miserable hour and half's of my life and the worst I have felt on any flight in my memory. Thanks Delta.
We always flew on buddy passes......the one time we didn't get business class we got the last two seats on the plane.....I had about a dozen or so kids around me that were anywhere from 8 -16 yrs old..............the kid behind me used his feet to play Wipe Out on the back of my seat...........for the entire 8-1/2hr flight.........they were above loud by a bunch........most miserable flight I have ever been on.............

Good morning folks. I hope Memorial Day is one of rest and reflection for everyone. We had a nice cookout last night and it was a beautiful night - clear and cool. We were playing some music from the sound track of The Big Chill and my daughter - 25 - mentioned she had never seen the movie. I realized I'd never seen the full movie. It came out just as my oldest daughter was born and I was very occupied. I later watched it in bits and pieces on TV.

Bottom line: My daughter and I watched it on HBO together after the cookout. Interesting to watch it with a young woman her age. I'd rate it as okay/good not great, but fantastic music.

Picking up on Sawnee's note about Normandy. Here's a piece I commissioned a few years back on the 75th anniversary of D-Day and then edited for one of the publications I help produce.

The writer is Alex Kershaw, a good friend and a noted British historian. The subject -- which he has written a full book on, which was distilled here - is the small town of Bedford, Virginia that took by far the heaviest toll of KIA on D-Day per capita of any American town.

This piece is a glimpse of that. But to you WW2 historians, I recommend Alex's book, "The Bedford Boys."

My last flight was in 2003 when Sherry and I flew from Nashville to Providence, RI to visit my best friend on Cape Cod. We used frequent flyer miles. We vowed then that we would fly no more even though it is a two day drive.

They don't bother to send me my notice on frequent flyer miles any more.

While we're on the subject of ice cream, I remember making homemade ice cream using the old hand crank machine. Thought my arm would fall off after all that cranking. Great memories and damn good ice cream.
Vintage-Maid-Of-Honor-Ice-Cream-Maker-Hand-Freezer.jpg
That was one of the first chores of mine when I got big enough. The first time I loved it because I was a big boy and then it became my job! That was the down side! :)

FR, I am from Central City here in the Berg, North always had a good team. Who did you play for? I remember the night Patrick scored I think it was 71, was listening to it on the radio, they were saying by the time the game was over that the gym was packed, because people were listening and going to the school to see the game!!! I read a lot of your posts, I am a Cardinal fan to, I go back to Musial!!!! I remember the Gibson, Boyer gang. I also remember Larry Jaster one year, I think he pitched like 6 shutouts in one season against the Dodgers. I could be wrong, Mrs. M says I am!!!!!
I would have said you were wrong to, but just barely. In 66, he pitched 5 shut outs against the Dodgers. Considering he only had 35 career wins, 5 shut outs in one year against one team is a lot.

This is a very informative site for those who love baseball. Scroll down to opponent game level.

Can't remember my last civ flight but my last actual flight was on a C17 doing a training mission with a unit while I was working civil service in the Unit Movement Office at Ft. Sill OK. My job was to teach the unit loading, tie down procedures, and unloading the plane when we got back to Ft. Sill. We loaded an MLRS (Multi Launcher Rocket System) with equipment and a HMMWV on a C17 at the Ft. Sill air strip, flew to Altus AFB in Altus Oklahoma, unloaded the MLRS, HMMWV, and drove them around a few minutes then, loaded it back up and flew back to Ft. Sill. The exercise served two requirements. Training the unit on how to safely tiedown equipment for deployments and the flight crew got some mandatory flight time in that is required for pilots each month or so. We did this a lot in tandem with Altus AFB and Tinker AFB which is in OKC.

Since then, all my other travels including coming back to Kentucky to see family is driving. My wife however has been trying to talk her mother into flying to Florida where her ex is willing to take care of her and her reasoning now for not going is she does not want to fly... I offered my services to drive her there being the nice guy that I am. No answer from her mother.

Good afternoon! A friend and I went to the big flea market at the fairgrounds this morning. Bought a coupe of things, best of which is a pint of honey. It's a hot honey that tastes sweet for about 3 or 4 seconds and then the heat kicks in. I'm going to make some wing sauce with it for starters.

We planned this trip last night and his suggestion was for us to eat at Mike Linnigs when we left. I meandered through the back roads and streets of Shively, taking my time to get there and enjoying the sights. We got there and they were closed! I told him this must be how Clark Griswald felt.

We ended up eating at Zaxby's in Shepardsville. OK, but not the fish sandwich we were hankering for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT