ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

f82520e1142cfd1c1e430b4cdb32c37c.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 70°F and clear. Today's high predicted around 97°F.

John Wayne for us last night. Watched El Dorado and Hellfighters. I've not seen these flicks since the 1970s. Enjoyed both.

Lunar eclipse coming tonight around 10:30 pm CST. I'll be asleep.

Plan on walking after bit. Grocery shopping later.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-CHOCOLATE-CHIP-DAY-%E2%80%93-May-15.png

John Wayne for us last night. Watched El Dorado and Hellfighters. I've not seen these flicks since the 1970s. Enjoyed both.
Hellfighters was based on Red Adair and his company that revolutionized the science of snuffing and controlling wells spewing high-pressure jets of oil and gas. He invented a technique of using explosives and combined that with bulldozing. He also used mud and concrete. He was the first to cap an underwater well and the first to cap a floating vessel.

A couple of his most notable oil well fires assignments were the UK sector Piper Alpha oil platform fire in the North Sea. When he was 75 years old he took part in extinguishing the oil well fires in Kuwait set by retreating Iraqi troops after the Gulf War in 1991.

A large portion of my career was handling time element and loss of income losses due to oil well explosions, pipeline explosions and gas turbine breakdowns. I flew into Houston many times to meet with his company employees to go over costs, etc. The company car was a flaming Red Eldorado Cadillac with his company logo. You could see them coming a mile away. LOL.

red-adair-sticker-800x800-0-.jpg

R.5e8f7df48cce4b2278813e262723c165

Whoa, I came online to WoW...

Amazing.....

And all I did was wake up a little early and made a pan of biscuits and a pot of coffee.....

I hear the BB scrambling around upstairs. Him and my Darling are up and about now. I bet My Darling smelled the coffee.

Getting ready for church....

All, take your day serious and enjoy it. Talk to you later, "the Lord willing and the river don't rise..."

Just finished walking the dog. Our route takes us by several churches and it always amazes me how each year the attire gets more casual. When I was growing up the men wore suit and tie and the women wore dresses. Even the kids dressed up. Now it's shorts and t-shirts.

Hellfighters was based on Red Adair and his company that revolutionized the science of snuffing and controlling wells spewing high-pressure jets of oil and gas. He invented a technique of using explosives and combined that with bulldozing. He also used mud and concrete. He was the first to cap an underwater well and the first to cap a floating vessel.

A couple of his most notable oil well fires assignments were the UK sector Piper Alpha oil platform fire in the North Sea. When he was 75 years old he took part in extinguishing the oil well fires in Kuwait set by retreating Iraqi troops after the Gulf War in 1991.

A large portion of my career was handling time element and loss of income losses due to oil well explosions, pipeline explosions and gas turbine breakdowns. I flew into Houston many times to meet with his company employees to go over costs, etc. The company car was a flaming Red Eldorado Cadillac with his company logo. You could see them coming a mile away. LOL.

Good stuff.

Just finished walking the dog. Our route takes us by several churches and it always amazes me how each year the attire gets more casual. When I was growing up the men wore suit and tie and the women wore dresses. Even the kids dressed up. Now it's shorts and t-shirts.
I am part of the old guard. I wear a suit and tie for all funerals, viewings et.al. It is simply a matter of respect that my dad drilled into me in my youth.

Sunny and 70.7°F to get up to 87°F with a small chance of rain. I hope we get lucky and get some rain.

I watched the news this morning and got mad as hell. Our President is tone deaf and I think wants to hurt the country. I don't think he has a mind left. Gas in Smiths Grove was $4.39 yesterday. Last week it was $3.98. Screw the green new deal and any stupid ass that supports it.

I am part of the old guard. I wear a suit and tie for all funerals, viewings et.al. It is simply a matter of respect that my dad drilled into me in my youth.
I only own one suit and I bought it for my mother's funeral back in 2012. The only other suits I have are Army Class A's and Army Blues. Never had a suit growing up except my birthday suit.

Good morning! I just asked Alexa what's the weather. According to her it is going to be sunny with intermittent clouds. High of 85°.

Time to mow the grass again. Have to get some gas for the mower first. Filled my truck up yesterday and got $1.00 per gallon off with grocery store points. It was still $3.59. If not for that I would have blown by the $100 mark. $83.12 doesn't feel any better.

Went up on the hill to the cheapest gas again today. Just needed a couple of gallons for the mower. It was up 6 cents from yesterday. I put my card in because there was no one attending, and the pump would only drizzle. I ended up with 35 cents worth of gas. less than a tenth of a gallon.

I just came home and weedeated instead. Well I shouldn't oughta done that. Now I doubt I get up again unless it's to go back out and lock up the workshop.

Not quite but close. The county I live in borders the Gulf but Tampa and Hillsborough County do not. I live next to the Weeki Wachee Wildlife Preserve, just a little below Chassahowitzka. Towns close to me are Homosassa, Ozello and Bayport.

In the event of a hurricane I am in the automatic evacuation zone but never have. And I never will. "famous last words" LOL
Thanks. Do you have any cockroaches there?

@MdWIldcat55 Reds preparing to play at the Pirates again in a few minutes. If they win today that will three straight series. The Nats are holding pace too however so the bet is still safe. Current records: Reds 9-24, Nats 16-16.

Go Reds! (it ain't my money 😁 )
We’ll, the Reds figured out a unique way to lose today, Warrior - no hitter. But Greene looked good so that’s a positive.

I was in Kuwait City during those days the oil well fires raged.

There were a couple days the oil smoke blotted out the sun until at noon it was as dark as night. I was driving a white rented Toyota Land Cruiser and it was covered with oily black ash. I heard Red Adair was on the way but never got to meet him.

I went to the Round dee Round in JVille Indiana today to see my Nephew-in-law race. He won his first heat race but that put him in the the back of the pack for his next two races. He was able to clip most of the drivers in the next 2 races but unable to get to the front. It's a crazy system but it was a hoot to watch. Short track racing is a hoot to watch. The smell of rubber and burning engines screams AMERICA!

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.
Who was the host of that show? Hmmm...
I went to the Round dee Round in JVille Indiana today to see my Nephew-in-law race. He won his first heat race but that put him in the the back of the pack for his next two races. He was able to clip most of the drivers in the next 2 races but unable to get to the front. It's a crazy system but it was a hoot to watch. Short track racing is a hoot to watch. The smell of rubber and burning engines screams AMERICA!
I didn't know they were still running there. Dad used to take me to the fairgrounds racetrack nearly every weekend. We started going to Ohio Valley dragway when he and his cousin built a hot rod Ford pickup truck.

I'll make it over there before long. Probably while my wife is gone. She likes drags but not ovals.

Who was the host of that show? Hmmm...

I didn't know they were still running there. Dad used to take me to the fairgrounds racetrack nearly every weekend. We started going to Ohio Valley dragway when he and his cousin built a hot rod Ford pickup truck.

I'll make it over there before long. Probably while my wife is gone. She likes drags but not ovals.
Marlin Perkins. He sat back while Jim did all of the work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT