ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Happy 50th Birthday to one of the great albums of my teenage years.

This cut has it all - great Hank Williams song, sung by Roy Acuff, with Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson, Vassar Clements and other notables bringing the heat...
I still have my album and CD and play it often. I actually cut a CD from the vinyl and put the record away. I did that for most of my vinyls when cassette and CD's came out. Now they are in mint condition.

Every song on the album was a classic in my book. Here is one of many I enjoyed and still do.

Oh yeah, Natches stretches around to an area where people can't see you if you go further back. Only way to get further back is with a bass buggy or Kayak. Hope this guy isn't waiting for me either.

creature-from-the-black-lagoon.jpg

He is........Da Creechdure.....

Good morning D-Leaguers.

So, in terms of Kentuckians who we loved or at least liked a lot who ruined it with politics, is Rex 1A? Or is Ashley Judd, with Rex 1B?

Before you vote, you may need a refresher...lol. (Ten seconds should do it. Sorry if I ruin anyone's morning coffee...) Maybe she gets a pass for being nuts, but then Rex might get the same pass...

A dead heat tie. That was one of the most embarrassing moments I have witnessed. Actually I have not watched the entire 6 minutes. What a shame women end up like this. I don't even care to see her face anymore.

If I watched the entire thing I would need something stronger than my morning coffee and would need a good baptizing in the Gulf of Mexico. Scrubbed down with lye soap before I got dipped.

Hello all,

I slept in. Going to do manual labor most all day around this place. It needs it.

Speaking of shortages. I think I have enough flour to make a half pan of biscuits. Some flour is supposed to arrive today but a generic brand. No known flour is available.

The shortage crap is happening....

We need 10 dollar a gallon gas libtards and more electric cars. That will fix everything.....

I am in a good mood... Have a great day ..

It is a rainy 66.0°F on our way to 84°. We have received .39inches of much needed rain. I am praying for more.

Lots of folks have disappointed me when they try to convince others that their views of life are wrong and need to be more liberal.

I got the yard mowed yesterday and now the rain will get it going again.

Edit: 23 minutes later and it is blue sky and sun.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and partly cloudy. Heating up to 96°F later today. Could see 100s later next week. Dreaded days of summer are coming.

Cuz called me yesterday afternoon. His Facebook account got hacked. We worked from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm last night cleaning everything up on his PC and phone. Think he's good to go now.

Pup had fun chasing a stray cat across the back yard. Heh. She's caught a few, but they got away without scratching her.

I've got nothing else. May work on a few things later. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design16.jpg

Good morning D, read 1 John:1 this morning.

No rain for us Bert!!! Clear blue skies this morning.

Our 2nd week into Mrs. M retirement, looking for a part time job for her!!!! No just kidding. Our week is busy, I work at Hope 2 All on Monday's and Friday's and she takes care of the grandchildren on Friday's, I got her into arrowhead hunting so we are having a great time!!!

Going to Earlington later to see our granddaughter before her prom tonight, where has the time gone!!!!

Bert, I have been talking to my son quite a bit about how the inner works, eye opening!

WC and the rest of the D, what's the biggest city that you are close to, I know some of where the D is close to but not all, I like watching what the weather is doing in your area. The closest to me is Owensboro to our north Paducah to our west.

I hope the D, has a great day and prayers for the D!!! We are heading to a kite festival with our daughter and granddaughter at 11 this morning.

I am so proud of our granddaughter, sometimes I think we are the ones with special needs and she is perfect!!!!!!

. . . . . . .

Bert, I have been talking to my son quite a bit about how the inner works, eye opening!

. . . . .

Cord I suggest that you pay the preacher just a little more and you may get the rain!

Expand on your last statement there. I got lost of "inner works". Is that the railroad?

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and partly cloudy. Heating up to 96°F later today. Could see 100s later next week. Dreaded days of summer are coming.

Cuz called me yesterday afternoon. His Facebook account got hacked. We worked from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm last night cleaning everything up on his PC and phone. Think he's good to go now.

Pup had fun chasing a stray cat across the back yard. Heh. She's caught a few, but they got away without scratching her.

I've got nothing else. May work on a few things later. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design16.jpg

And today of all days I didn't make biscuits....sigh...

Our 2nd week into Mrs. M retirement, looking for a part time job for her!!!! No just kidding. Our week is busy, I work at Hope 2 All on Monday's and Friday's and she takes care of the grandchildren on Friday's, I got her into arrowhead hunting so we are having a great time!!!

Going to Earlington later to see our granddaughter before her prom tonight, where has the time gone!!!!

WC and the rest of the D, what's the biggest city that you are close to, I know some of where the D is close to but not all, I like watching what the weather is doing in your area. The closest to me is Owensboro to our north Paducah to our west.

I hope the D, has a great day and prayers for the D!!! We are heading to a kite festival with our daughter and granddaughter at 11 this morning.

I am so proud of our granddaughter, sometimes I think we are the ones with special needs and she is perfect!!!!!!
Lawton Ok being the third largest city in Oklahoma is 14 miles south of me and OKC being the largest is about 60 miles north of me.

Tomorrow at church my cousin has been asked to do the service as my pastor will be out of town. He is 83 years old now but still very active and works a full time job traveling all over America. He lived in Jacksonville, FL and with his family traveled the country in a touring bus for many years as a gospel group. The Singing Morris Family consisted of his five children and his wife, a tremendous piano and organ player. She passed away about 5 years ago with dementia. All of the five children still sing and play.

Dick had many gospel recordings but he also enjoyed doing parody songs of country artists. One artist he did a parody of was C.W. McCall and he wrote this little song I am posting off of YouTube. This one was recorded about 50 years ago.

The only problem I have with him is, he is an ultra Gator Fan. Most of my cousins on mama's side are Gators with a few FSU. On daddy's side they are all Wildcats. Me and my siblings all took after our daddy when it comes to sports.

Take it away Dick,

Fishing report: Not a banner day but, a good one compared to the last 3 or so. Had 5 strikes with 3 hooked and 3 landed. One was over 5lbs. Since my MIL and BIL were coming over and are vegans I brought them home for a fish fry. Wife greeted me telling me she canceled them coming over because she was tired. After shopping yesterday, we did a lot of cleaning in my off shop to get rid of crap my wife stored there and now realizes she will never use. Did not go through all of it but got a big chunk done. The big bass picture below is still not as big as the one that got off of my stringer a month or so back.

20220514-104440.jpg

20220514-104452.jpg

Cord, I live about 60 miles Northwest of Tampa, FL and 52 from the Pinellas County line which has about a million residents. They call the area Tampa Bay as the bay separates the two counties. The major cities in Tampa Bay are Clearwater, St Pete and Tampa.

Tampa Bay has the most lightning strikes in North America so you can stay busy in the summer tracking that. Sometimes in the summer months the sky lights up like the 4th of July

tampa-lightning-2048x1024.jpg

Fishing report: Not a banner day but, a good one compared to the last 3 or so. Had 5 strikes with 3 hooked and 3 landed. One was over 5lbs. Since my MIL and BIL were coming over and are vegans I brought them home for a fish fry. Wife greeted me telling me she canceled them coming over because she was tired. After shopping yesterday, we did a lot of cleaning in my off shop to get rid of crap my wife stored there and now realizes she will never use. Did not go through all of it but got a big chunk done. The big bass picture below is still not as big as the one that got off of my stringer a month or so back.

20220514-104440.jpg

20220514-104452.jpg
"gonna fry fish tonight". Mama make some hush puppies and swamp cabbage.

Looking good in Oklahoma

Cord I suggest that you pay the preacher just a little more and you may get the rain!

Expand on your last statement there. I got lost of "inner works". Is that the railroad?
We got to talking about trainmasters and managers this morning how managers has the final say on how the trains are sent out. How some would be running late, but somehow the reports sent to Jacksonville would show them on time.

The thing about English shows that gets me is I think there are only three actors in the entire country. Every show has people I've seen over & over in other shows. But still good.
I quoted this last night, at this time I have no idea why. Read on for an explanation.
Hello all,

I slept in.
Rookie. You posted that at 10:11. I didn't wake up until 1:03 THAT'S sleeping in.

I made it home at about 2 am from the golf course. There was a couple of parties going on there last night with live music and beer. Lots of beer. I drank 30 beers yesterday. Beer.

I do not feel optimum today. I foresee an alcohol free weekend ahead.

20220514-104440.jpg

20220514-104452.jpg
I never caught a bass much bigger than my bait!

That is a good one.

My back yard this afternoon. Sorry to bore you good folks but I love spring in Kentucky:

281324936_5067454770036733_4511254367135273157_n.jpg

280756578_5067454720036738_7228097180017499553_n.jpg
281327429_5067454520036758_6361570250663333007_n.jpg

280946088_5067454473370096_3362520734319931279_n.jpg
280987997_5067454450036765_320696851919382192_n.jpg

My peonies are blooming. It is amazing how fast they come up from the ground and bloom. There is a pink rose between them. My iris' are getting tired. My grass is verdant. I love spring.

I think we are the ones with special needs and she is perfect!!!!!!
Your vision is exemplary.
MpX9XG8g_o.jpg

Mr. Rooster, I started 1 John 1 this morning
Very timely.
I never caught a bass much bigger than my bait!
Bert's haul
bass-stocking-fingersjpg-dd3ecb2022fd6941_medium.jpg

I love spring in Kentucky:
My peonies are blooming. It is amazing how fast they come up from the ground and bloom. There is a pink rose between them. My iris' are getting tired. My grass is verdant. I love spring.
917d72_4d1281949cf24c749831726bce4a78e8~mv2.gif

My back yard this afternoon. Sorry to bore you good folks but I love spring in Kentucky:

281324936_5067454770036733_4511254367135273157_n.jpg

280756578_5067454720036738_7228097180017499553_n.jpg
281327429_5067454520036758_6361570250663333007_n.jpg

280946088_5067454473370096_3362520734319931279_n.jpg
280987997_5067454450036765_320696851919382192_n.jpg

Beautiful Bert. I know you spent a lot of time and effort growing those specimens, You have been rewarded for you effort. Very nice

Sir,
I and My Darling are about 12 miles from the White House as the crow fly's. (In Virginia) Congrats to you all. I hope your days went well...

I am headed to Lowe's now to pick up some treated landscape timbers, some rebar, and some metal flat and corner braces. My Darling wants a place to garden and I have to build up an area in our yard to level it as it slopes. (Hopefully I have it figured out. I will have to wait and see as far as posting any pictures. (I've done yard work and things like this before but some of your work is beautiful from the pictures I've seen. Mine will be, uh, functional.) Raining so I won't start today but it will be here. ;)

So you live on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico?
Not quite but close. The county I live in borders the Gulf but Tampa and Hillsborough County do not. I live next to the Weeki Wachee Wildlife Preserve, just a little below Chassahowitzka. Towns close to me are Homosassa, Ozello and Bayport.

In the event of a hurricane I am in the automatic evacuation zone but never have. And I never will. "famous last words" LOL

FLORIDA-map.gif
a

Last edited:

20220514-104440.jpg

20220514-104452.jpg

Whoa....

No Seagull gonna snatch that from you if you laid it down.

But then I looked up and saw this...

seagulls-aggressive.gif

Not quite but close. The county I live in borders the Gulf but Tampa and Hillsborough County do not. I live next to the Weeki Wachee Wildlife Preserve, just a little below Chassahowitzka. Towns close to me are Homosassa, Ozello and Bayport.

In the event of a hurricane I am in the automatic evacuation zone but never have. And I never will. "famous last words" LOL

FLORIDA-map.gif
a
Stand your ground Drill.

Daughter told my wife she wanted pizza tonight for supper and so she pulled out a frozen pizza. My daughter looked at me and ask if I wanted pizza too and I said yes but not the frozen kind. My daughter then said: "That's what I was hoping you'd say". My wife says to my daughter that she knew I was going to say that and that is why you ask him. She says with a smile: Yep. Ordered a couple of Fat Boys pizzas from the one in Elgin so she could have some for later and tomorrow. She is normally up half the night on the computer and gets hungry. My wife just looks at me and says the she knows how to play you. Well, I said: "I like fresh pizzas too, I am a man after all and we are easy".

Last edited:
Swampbilly? My present Horseville residence lies between the Tonto wilderness to the east with Phoenix about 5 miles to the west. The edge of civilization 5 minutes away.
10708_2010_9375_Fig3_HTML.jpg
f4.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning D-Leaguers.

So, in terms of Kentuckians who we loved or at least liked a lot who ruined it with politics, is Rex 1A? Or is Ashley Judd, with Rex 1B?

Before you vote, you may need a refresher...lol. (Ten seconds should do it. Sorry if I ruin anyone's morning coffee...) Maybe she gets a pass for being nuts, but then Rex might get the same pass...

Ashley was the darling of the UK fan base during the Tubby years. My how times have changed. Between her and Rex, George Clooney looks quite tame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT