ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Man, I got the trenches dug anyway. 12 x 8 x 8 about 20" deep and graduated upward to about 6", then it rained but it was getting dark anyway so I was good. Drank a couple Yuengling and now after showering I am drinking some of the liquor from Tokyo my friend bought me at Christmas. Am going for another shortly.

I figure a couple more days if it doesn't rain as all I need to do now is get things level, setup the timbers, drill them, and align them. (Yeah easy work right............for a guy who sits in a chair for a living. ;))

One thing though, me an Ole BB had a good, good time. He was messing with me the whole time. He is such a good boy and enjoyable to be around. He had a good time in our small backyard. I am thinking seriously of making him and my grand daughter a sand box as they love playing in the sand and this year may be the golden time to let them. ;)

Take care all...

Oh, my breakfast and yesterdays soybean and pork soup. (Pork loin)

280027852_5628322507181283_8455266065152843607_n.jpg

I already dug into the soup, the picture was an afterthought. ;)

280466597_5649539668392900_2719121445778058045_n.jpg

Found some more of it. I don't when this aired but I always remembered it. Pretty scary for a young kid.

Dang, dang, dang, I am about as drunk as I have been in a long, long, while. As Andy stated, ya ought naught watch this while drunk. That is a fight. I'd have bit that sucker back and hard a few times and took chunks.I bit a rattlesnake once a few times. I know I would have. He'd a died for sure or I would have. I would not have had the "capture" mode in mind...

215cc82543344362eec8bcb34ac4fb51.gif

I just found it, but it half-way fit...

10252093_6e1c0.gif

Good Night all, I need to be up early....

latest.gif

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and cloudy. Clearing later for a high of 97°F. Chance of rain and perhaps a cold front later this week.

Former President Trump visited Austin over the weekend. He held a rally Saturday. Attendance appeared pretty good. Of course protestors also on-hand.

Another weekend in the books. Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Untitled-1.jpg

Good Morning all,

Been up and at work for well over an hour. Been having issues with motivation the last several weeks if not months. I think I have it conquered. All I needed to do was....... go back to work. Just start working and stop thinking (Sometimes, you can think too much.)... Have a great day!

Good morning D-League. Absolutely flawless morning in the east. Sunny and cool and everyone’s grass popping emerald in the morning light after yesterday’s rain.

Still SMH at the Redlegs losing a no-hitter.

I finally watched a bit of the NBA last night. That Doncic kid is pretty good. Devin Booker played like he did in his last game at Kentucky.

I was bored over the weekend with my wife off visiting family in Manhattan and I came across on Amazon Prime a fictionalized movie of the life of the great session guitarist Hank Garland called Crazy. I do NOT recommend it to purists - a gigantic load of Hollywood BS was added. But it did document the unbelievable number of iconic records he played on. Sad end to his story but a fascinating life.

Saw this on a FB website I check out. I thought you guys might enjoy some of this llvely guitar picking this morning.

Who is the guy playing/ singing with Marty? Just me but doggone I'd sing into my own mic if I was Marty. Two guys spitting that close together just seems weird. He cannot pick on Marty's level unless he was just off that session. (Could be as playing live like that on camera can give you pause and throw you off.) I forgot Marty could play that well.

65.3°F here with about equal clouds and sunshine. We are supposed to get to 78° with no chance of rain. I hope the rain part is wrong. We are starting our summer pattern of weather, that was when my dad would walk around under thunder storm clouds praying for rain and mom would be telling him to get in or he would be hit by lightning.

Got to vote tomorrow.

65.3°F here with about equal clouds and sunshine. We are supposed to get to 78° with no chance of rain. I hope the rain part is wrong. We are starting our summer pattern of weather, that was when my dad would walk around under thunder storm clouds praying for rain and mom would be telling him to get in or he would be hit by lightning.

Got to vote tomorrow.
Voted early Friday. Showed my ID and was in and out quickly.

Who is the guy playing/ singing with Marty? JHe cannot pick on Marty's level unless he was just off that session.
I believe that is Kenny Vaughan, who has played with Marty Stuart and the band the Fabulous Superlatives quite a bit. And I'd have to disagree with your assessment of his playing. He may not have wanted to show up the boss on live TV, but he's a pretty fair hand with the guitar...

I believe that is Kenny Vaughan, who has played with Marty Stuart and the band the Fabulous Superlatives quite a bit. And I'd have to disagree with your assessment of his playing. He may not have wanted to show up the boss on live TV, but he's a pretty fair hand with the guitar...

I was only going by what I heard. I did provide a caveat. ;) (I still wouldn't want to swap spit with him.) ;)

(I watch "dem" words...)

Last edited:
Matthew Hagee can sing.... (He has a sister that can sing with him as well...)

Oh, look at the difference from a few weeks. We attended Cornerstone during this time when Matthew had his "transformation" he claimed "on the internet" that it was dieting. (Someone may have been speaking for him.) Seriously it was only a few weeks from the below to the top. (I have to call them like I "saw" them. No way he could have done that without some knife work...jmo.)

John Hagee was a good saxophone player too. (Not in this segment.)

This girl (John Hagee's daughter) can sing. I didn't hear it so much in this song but I've listened to her sing many multiple times. She can belt them out well. Some beautiful Christmas cantatas' and special events.

Accidently saw this online and took a memory trip... (Nothing more) I did enjoy that time though attending Cornerstone. John Hagee and his family had a lot of show but they are for real in their giving and support of Godly works. I saw that first hand to the tune of multiple millions of dollars given directly to Israel to their representatives in his church along with multiple other good and Godly causes. I hope Matthew can keep it up or others will be like-minded. (The power of their sermon's (Both John's and Matthew's) I was anointed by John Hagee in one service and the oil he used on my forehead gave me a good sousing. Ran all down my cheeks and into my shirt and chest. He was using that oil. :) (No oil shortages at that time.)

Last edited:

A husband and wife are shopping in their local grocery store.​

The husband picks up a 12 pack of Budweiser and puts it in the cart.
"What do you think you're doing?" asks the wife.
"They're on sale, only $13 for 12 cans" he replies.
"Put them back, we can't afford them", demands the wife.
They carry on with their shopping. A few aisles farther on, the woman picks up a $26 jar of face cream and puts it in the basket.
"What do you think you're doing?" asks the husband.
"It's my face cream. It makes me look beautiful," replies the wife.
Her husband retorts, "So does 12 cans of Budweiser and it's half the price."

I really like Kenny Vaughan. I saw him years ago at Tootsie's in Nashville. His wife is also an accomplished singer and fiddle player, Carmella Ramsey.

I really like Kenny Vaughan. I saw him years ago at Tootsie's in Nashville. His wife is also an accomplished singer and fiddle player, Carmella Ramsey.
That sounds like a perfect night Sawnee -- terrific music in an iconic club in Music City. My wife and I are planning a Nashville trip in October, and Tootsie's is on the list. I've never been.

That sounds like a perfect night Sawnee -- terrific music in an iconic club in Music City. My wife and I are planning a Nashville trip in October, and Tootsie's is on the list. I've never been.
There is a lot of history behind Tootsie's. It is a must for anyone visiting Nashville. Just about every great Country star has performed there and they still have some excellent talent drop in.

Tootsie's Orchard Lounge has one of the best photo "Wall of Fame" of any Honky-Tonk in America

Good afternoon! Back from the course, shot 80 but I was 2 under through the first 5 holes. Didn't get another par for quite a while. Should win at least $20 with the birdies I had.

$9 for 2 gallons of gas for the lawn mower. If I spill a single drop I'll be pissed.

Booker has been hanging out with those Kardashians for a couple of years now. Look for him to be the first trans NBA player before long. They'll mess a man up.

Have a great afternoon!

Good afternoon! Back from the course, shot 80 but I was 2 under through the first 5 holes. Didn't get another par for quite a while. Should win at least $20 with the birdies I had.

$9 for 2 gallons of gas for the lawn mower. If I spill a single drop I'll be pissed.

Booker has been hanging out with those Kardashians for a couple of years now. Look for him to be the first trans NBA player before long. They'll mess a man up.

Have a great afternoon!

I didn't know whether to post I was shocked or laugh. That was one of those ambidextrous posts... ;)

So GD made all-conference softball 1st team, ten schools. Yeh!! Tough league too. For the 31 SW OH large schools' division, her conference had the #1, #3, #8, & #9 seeds, not hers, for their state tourney region. Net, she is in with lots of topnotch players.

Last edited:
So GD made all-conference softball 1st team, ten schools. Yeh!! Tough league too. For the 31 SW OH large schools' division, her conference had the #1, #3, #8, & #9 seeds, not hers, for their state tourney region. Net, she is in with lots of topnotch players.
Apparently I'm less than clear above. Let me try again.

Granddaughter made first-team all-conference in softball. There are 10 schools in the conference - Eastern Cincinnati. Those 10 schools are part of the southwest Ohio largest schools grouping (of 4 groups) for the state tournament. There are 31 schools total in that group from about 3M population. (OH seeds all of the teams in the group/region for the playoffs.) The winner then plays the other three region winners for the state title.

Teams from her 10-team conference were seeded 1, 3, 8, & 9 of the 31 - tough conference. Her school was 16. Her school is about the smallest of the 31 at 1200 students while Mason is like 3200 and most are over 2000 - the Lakotas/Fairfield/Princeton/ Beavercreek/Catholic girls schools/etc. My point is she is/was up against very high quality opposition & made all-conference.

Pretty impressive to me. I'm quite happy. Is she the best softball player ever? No. But she's been at this for 12 years. Great throwing arm. Topnotch fielder. Very good situational awareness - often lacking at all in girls softball. Good, not great hitter. Grandpa's speed. Can't have everything I guess. Did I say she's going into engineering?

About what I'm saying?
Yep.

I have no idea what this means:

What is "GD made all-conference softball 1st team, ten schools."?

The rest of the post left me cold. I do not have any idea of what that means.

HELP!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT