ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Morning D

We have another picture perfect day today with clear skies, low humidity and a pleasant temperature. We have 69° at present and will climb to 81°. A 2% chance of rain and the wind is brisk and steady at 12 mph. That should give us a nice breeze to do some more work in the yard. My wife wanted some hydrangea plants for Mother's Day and we picked some up that I need to put in the ground. These plants do very well in Kentucky which gives her a taste of "home" so I am all in. Down here you have to be careful where you plant them because this sun will eat them alive. I will plant them on the North side of the house which does not have direct sun and is much cooler day and night. I like the blue ones. Wish me well and have a nice day

Hydrangeas-Shade-Plants.jpg
Beautiful. Best & most I ever saw was on a Nantucket day trip some 10-12 years ago. Tall & everywhere. pink & blue mixed, in the town. Spent 1/2 hr just gawking. There was a young girl from Natucket, .......... oh, nm.

Now they're talking about a diesel shortage on the East coast in the upcoming months.
I am listening to the radio now and some woman is talking about a baby formula shortage nationwide. However she said there was plenty of baby formula on the border. Shelves full of it. Apparently it is reserved for illegal babies crossing the border.

Of course Americans must get to the back of the line and make way for illegals. That is who we are in this brave new insane world.

I am listening to the radio now and some woman is talking about a baby formula shortage nationwide. However she said there was plenty of baby formula on the border. Shelves full of it. Apparently it is reserved for illegal babies crossing the border.

Of course Americans must get to the back of the line and make way for illegals. That is who we are in this brave new insane world.
Sending it by the pallets too. I guess our new motto is "Americans last", because it sure seems that way.

Dave Wottle was one of my idols back then and primary reason I ran 880/800 event a couple years later. Thanks for the memories.
My best old memories of Olympic running are Bob Schul & Lt. Billy Mills winning the 5K & 10K in 1964, both from way back. All B&W in those days & delayed from Tokyo. Schul in particular was like 50m back going into the last turn & like 20m behind with a 100 to go. What a kick. Mills wasn't quite so far behind but made a huge kick too.

For Him not for me.
I appreciate that you capitalized the H in him for me. My preferred pronouns are Yes Sir and Mr..
Beautiful. Best & most I ever saw was on a Nantucket day trip some 10-12 years ago. Tall & everywhere. pink & blue mixed, in the town. Spent 1/2 hr just gawking. There was a young girl from Natucket, .......... oh, nm.
I don't know about that girl, but I've heard of a guy from Nantucket. Pretty amazing fellow it would seem, from what I've heard. Speaking of hearing, he had the funniest saying about his ear.
this brave new insane world.
What would Aldous Huxley have written if he had seen all this shit first? It's startling that in less than a century, there has been such a change in society that. things that were once considered in a story of dystopian existence are now commonplace.

I went to the gas station today that is usually the cheapest in the county. $4.10/gal. That's for the cheap gas that I can't even use. I didn't get any. I can get a discount at Kroger. We pay extra for food so they can give a little of it back to us to make us feel good. woohoo.

I did get a dollar a gallon off at our local grocery store not too long ago. That was nice. But once again. We pay more for cheap gas than we get in return and it makes us happy. We're all sheeple. Some just complain about it more than others.

I went to the gas station today that is usually the cheapest in the county. $4.10/gal. That's for the cheap gas that I can't even use. I didn't get any. I can get a discount at Kroger. We pay extra for food so they can give a little of it back to us to make us feel good. woohoo.

I did get a dollar a gallon off at our local grocery store not too long ago. That was nice. But once again. We pay more for cheap gas than we get in return and it makes us happy. We're all sheeple. Some just complain about it more than others.

Just take Ole WC's advice BUT, stay home for a day or two afterward and, and, graze..... Ole Al Gore would be proud of you...

E3E088DA-45E3-4A45-A967139FC3E23A7B_source.jpg

Yeah, I took a break and went off on some tangents... I'll be back to normal, whatever normal is..soon I hope...

Gas was $4.15 here at the cheap place....

For all of you food aficionados.

How many of you eat crayfish? If so, have you ever heard of the now invasive species (Procambarus virginalis) aka Marbled Crayfish? Seems that where ever it goes it replaces the natural species already there. This one is not as large as the others (biggest 6" claw to tail) and is all female and reproduces via parthenogenesis. It reproduces in large numbers (all clones of the mother) and some developing countries are now looking at it as food source because they multiply so rapidly. It was apparently developed (for lack of a better word) as an aquarium pet in Germany in the early to mid 90's and have been sold for years around the world and is now a problem in several states including Florida @Sawnee Cat.

Just a good morning random subject I happened to come across this morning.
I enjoy mud bugs but I cleanse (wash) in fresh water a day or two until the rinse is clear. Now about the Marbles. Cloneing is a biological dead end. Any biological population reproducing without genetic exchange to create population diversity to support biological resistance is vulnerable to infection (attack) and is likely doomed. It's always been that way.

I enjoy mud bugs but I cleanse (wash) in fresh water a day or two until the rinse is clear. Now about the Marbles. Cloneing is a biological dead end. Any biological population reproducing without genetic exchange to create population diversity to support biological resistance is vulnerable to infection (attack) and is likely doomed. It's always been that way.

A real joy Sir. Thanks, never a disappointment. Good stuff and well used.

Hopefully before they get too destructive.

The hydrangeas are in the ground and should do well. I did add some magnesium to the soil which should give a boost and maybe brighten the color. Magnesium helps my palms so why not hydrangeas.

The wife should be pleased. She is out this afternoon. Her car is repaired and she is back in the saddle and doing what women folk do. Shop until they drop.

The hydrangeas are in the ground and should do well. I did add some magnesium to the soil which should give a boost and maybe brighten the color. Magnesium helps my palms so why not hydrangeas.

The wife should be pleased. She is out this afternoon. Her car is repaired and she is back in the saddle and doing what women folk do. Shop until they drop.

Want a kick. I wish My Darling shopped more. I cannot get her to indulge, even a little bit.

That's just another reason why North Carolina isn't long for this world. They allow first cousin marriage.

I got the stereo box done and the first coat of paint on it. I'll try and get the insides glued in tomorrow and get the electronics soldered up. Should have tunes in the golf cart by Monday afternoon.

That's just another reason why North Carolina isn't long for this world. They allow first cousin marriage.

I got the stereo box done and the first coat of paint on it. I'll try and get the insides glued in tomorrow and get the electronics soldered up. Should have tunes in the golf cart by Monday afternoon.

I can see it now.... (Beer bonging)

LameUntidyIlsamochadegu-max-1mb.gif

8YMw.gif

This happens...

gSDu0.jpg

But it is really...

200.gif

I'm here all week... 😁 :oops:

Those good-fer-nothins invaded thru Cumberland Gap.

point-Pinnacle-Cumberland-Gap-National-Historical-Park.jpg

Here's a true story for you guys. I'm at Danang working the midnight shift on security. I had just made E5. I have always tried to do things right in everything I do, but this night I was running late for guardmount. This was in 1970 when a lot of racial strife was going on in the states. There were two black guys standing directly in the doorway of the armory doing one of those prolonged complicated handshakes. I needed to get my weapon and get to guard mount on time. I waited for a short time, but they paid no attention to me. Maybe I didn't think it out, but I lifted their arms up, bent over and entered under their arms, got my weapon and made it to guard mount on time. It was the rainy season and at one end of the hooches was a wooden sidewalk that led to the latrine. I lived on the high end of the hooches where it was dry. Guys who were basically on call were allowed to take weapons to the hooches. there was always a group of blacks sitting out on the sidewalk with their weapons. They would harass the whites and force them to get off in the.mud or take the long route to the latrine. Well, the morning after the hand shake episode, I was approached by some white guys. They were tired of being threatened, said they represented a larger group and wanted me to lead a revolt. I was between a rock and a hard place. I gave them a non committal answer and walked away trying to think what my next move would be. I guess higher ups were watching. Almost right away, I was told to pack.my gear. They needed an assistant NCOIC of security at Tan My and I was to catch a chopper that day. Never heard what happened back at DaNang.

My wife and I like to watch some of the English shows in our normal rotation. Death In Paradise is a favorite. We're also in on Shakespeare and Hathaway. I like them because they don't assault me with the political/social indoctrinations of American tv. It's just straight up 7 deadly sin stuff. Greed is the overriding theme.

My wife and I like to watch some of the English shows in our normal rotation. Death In Paradise is a favorite. We're also in on Shakespeare and Hathaway. I like them because they don't assault me with the political/social indoctrinations of American tv. It's just straight up 7 deadly sin stuff. Greed is the overriding theme.

As close as I have to that type stuff are the Errol Flynn Classics;

Robinhood
Gentleman Jim
and Captain Blood

I have many of the Johnny Weismuller Tarzan movies as well. Jane was British... ;)

Have a few versions of; The Christmas Carol

Here's a true story for you guys. I'm at Danang working the midnight shift on security. I had just made E5. I have always tried to do things right in everything I do, but this night I was running late for guardmount. This was in 1970 when a lot of racial strife was going on in the states. There were two black guys standing directly in the doorway of the armory doing one of those prolonged complicated handshakes. I needed to get my weapon and get to guard mount on time. I waited for a short time, but they paid no attention to me. Maybe I didn't think it out, but I lifted their arms up, bent over and entered under their arms, got my weapon and made it to guard mount on time. It was the rainy season and at one end of the hooches was a wooden sidewalk that led to the latrine. I lived on the high end of the hooches where it was dry. Guys who were basically on call were allowed to take weapons to the hooches. there was always a group of blacks sitting out on the sidewalk with their weapons. They would harass the whites and force them to get off in the.mud or take the long route to the latrine. Well, the morning after the hand shake episode, I was approached by some white guys. They were tired of being threatened, said they represented a larger group and wanted me to lead a revolt. I was between a rock and a hard place. I gave them a non committal answer and walked away trying to think what my next move would be. I guess higher ups were watching. Almost right away, I was told to pack.my gear. They needed an assistant NCOIC of security at Tan My and I was to catch a chopper that day. Never heard what happened back at DaNang.
Those handshakes called "The Dap" could last minutes along with the greeting. Some of them used to use the handshakes to break into chow line or pay lines. They would go through the ritual then stand there and talk acting like they did not realize they were cutting line.

Just got back about 20 minutes ago from taking my daughter to a local carnival that started tonight and runs through Sunday. The first night still being in the work week is when they give the best deals. She got an arm band for all of the rides unlimited at $25. We picked up a friend she knew from her old school and took him as well. They also had the usual chance and skills games to win gifts. She saw a large Sonic the Hedgehog stuffed animal and wanted one for her and her mother. They both liked the game and movies, so Dad had to come through. I tried the standing the bottle up with the stick and ring deal (at her prodding) for $5 but that takes some pre-learned skills for that and I failed. I looked around for the real skills games and came upon the softball with the weighted metal bottles (stacked in threes) and decided to try my luck being a softball player and all. The line for throwing was just too close and I only knocked two down on one of my two attempts for $5. So, I ask if it was ok to step back if I was to throw again for another $5 and the worker in charge looked me as if I was crazy and smiled and said ""Yes, by all means." Heh, heh, heh, I have a good arm for the longer distance than they have. I stepped much further backed knocked two down on my first throw (calibrating), she set them back up for my next throw which pasted all three against the back wall they had set up. My daughter was happy but said her mother would probably want it when we got home. She was right, her mother took it but, eventually put it in my daughters room.

20220512-224300.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and partly cloudy. Today's high expected around 95°F.

Mentioned earlier about nearby homeless shelter getting looted by homeless folks. Apparently this incident turned into a full-blown major scandal. TVs, refrigerators and even copper wiring stolen. Premises trashed. Major issue: No security. Additionally, this Austin-Travis County shelter is located in nearby Williamson County north of us. Local talk radio summed it it best yesterday: "Austin has no homeless problem. Austin has an alcohol and drug abuse problem leading to homelessness." Makes sense.

Called Germany day before yesterday and wished my Ersatz Mutti (substitute mommy) Happy Birthday. Just turned 84. She fell twice a couple weeks ago and also caught COVID. Otherwise, alles gut. Went on got $15/month international calling plan and calling again next week.

Wife found $100 bill in the front yard yesterday afternoon while bringing up trash cans. She was tickled about it and even called me at work.

Happy Friday.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-FRUIT-COCKTAIL-DAY-%E2%80%93-May-13.png

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and partly cloudy. Today's high expected around 95°F.

Mentioned earlier about nearby homeless shelter getting looted by homeless folks. Apparently this incident turned into a full-blown major scandal. TVs, refrigerators and even copper wiring stolen. Premises trashed. Major issue: No security. Additionally, this Austin-Travis County shelter is located in nearby Williamson County north of us. Local talk radio summed it it best yesterday: "Austin has no homeless problem. Austin has an alcohol and drug abuse problem leading to homelessness." Makes sense.

Called Germany day before yesterday and wished my Ersatz Mutti (substitute mommy) Happy Birthday. Just turned 84. She fell twice a couple weeks ago and also caught COVID. Otherwise, alles gut. Went on got $15/month international calling plan and calling again next week.

Wife found $100 bill in the front yard yesterday afternoon while bringing up trash cans. She was tickled about it and even called me at work.

Happy Friday.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-FRUIT-COCKTAIL-DAY-%E2%80%93-May-13.png

Uh, I dropped that bill...

I thought I may have.

:(😁

We have Brit Box and have gone to about 95% British TV and films. It is refreshing to get away from the PC of American television and the guilt trip the American industry tries to put you on. When I am trying to relax with a good movie, I don't want to end up mad enough to throw something at my TV. I want entertainment, not indoctrination.

The Brits have some clever writers and a good sound formula for making solid film. They also have excellent actors and actresses. Some of their TV series have been going on for over 20 years and each episode is 90 minutes so it is like a mini movie.

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

95° on tap for the day with moderate winds (20-30mph).

Wife took the day off and wants to go shopping so...will do a workout shortly followed by cleaning the house (Monday and Friday for me normally) and then, when she wakes up (stayed up late with daughter), take her shopping.

Hurry up Saturday! I am going fishing Saturday and Sunday mornings until it gets too hot. MIL and BIL going to finally make it over tomorrow (have not been here since Christmas). Wife put it off as long as she could (she still loves me).

Oh and by the way... @MdWIldcat55 Those Reds did it again. 5 of the last 7. I wonder what will happen when Votto and the others normal starters who are injured come back. Will be interesting to see. It's almost as if Rachel Phelps is running the show in Cincinnati too.

Last edited:
Good morning folks. Yeah, looks like those Reds are about to make history Warrior. Back up to .250 win percentage. Man, never thought the lads would attain that lofty peak this year.

I had free tickets to the Nats game yesterday but got stuck at the office. It's a quick subway ride for me to the park and I kept thinking I could catch a few innings, but it was not to be.

As for Rachel Phelps, I wish one of the Reds could get away with saying this to Phil Castellini:

I don't want to end up mad enough to throw something at my TV. I want entertainment, not indoctrination.
Me either. I find myself focusing most of my attention on the advertising so I can choke the woke with specific intent. One example would be avoiding any restaurants that offer only woke-a-cola products. I simply inform the management why I'm leaving and say "Bye".

Good morning D League

Here we are, another Friday the 13th. I am in a survival mode so it is fitting. Just trying to get by and move forward in life. But I will have fun doing it.

Not much in store today. Maybe tidy up a few things and catch up on others. My #1 grandson will be catching a flight to Madrid, Spain to do a summer semester over there. It should be a good experience. Granddaughter #1 is preparing to graduate high school this week so my wife and I will catch a quick flight up there for that. She is anxious to get to Colorado Springs for the Academy. She found out her first jump out of an airplane will be solo and is real excited about that. Also she will be piloting a glider, solo I suppose. So you have to hit the ground running so to speak.

I trust all are blessed and in good health.

madridpic_0.jpg

Sunny and 69.6°F to top out at 86°. Probably need to mow as it is supposed to rain Saturday.

My wife watches Britbox all the time. We just dropped Netflix as their selections that we watched have been dropped. We were getting a lot less for more money. I am not much of a TV watcher like I used to be but Sherry is addicted.

Stay cool folks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT