ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Watched a recently made movie last night that had a few actors in it who were prominent about 30 or so years ago. Guys and gals who were attractive and in their prime at the time but upon whom, like all of us, time has taken its toll. Had not seen some of them in years. It is hard to watch sometimes.
I have a lot more skin, fewer muscles and a lot lower IQ.

. . . . now what was I going to say . . . . .

Oh well!

A CAT 5 is nothing to play with. I worked Andrew in 1992 and Dade County around Homestead was like 20 years in Afghanistan.

The only good thing coming out of it was better building standards for the state. South Florida has been ruled by very liberal politicians who had their pockets lined by builders and contractors and built junk. Andrew too their junk out to sea
My little brothers in-laws lost everything in Andrew. After they 'recovered' they moved to Atlanta (maybe Lilburn) to get out of S Florida and to get close to their daughter and g'kids.

My little brothers in-laws lost everything in Andrew. After they 'recovered' they moved to Atlanta (maybe Lilburn) to get out of S Florida and to get close to their daughter and g'kids.
I moved to Jacksonville, FL the second time two months before Andrew hit South Florida. It was bad. My insurance carrier dropped my ass because of Andrew. Florida had to start it own insurance because the casualty folks got out. Pissed me off and my insurance went through the roof because I was close to the ocean. Later it got back down but never reasonable.

I think it was "Florida Residential Property and Casualty Joint Underwriting Association (FRPCJUA)". That was a big help to folks.

I just finished 3 days of chasing this "Big Boy" around Arkansas, MO & IL.

iu

I was thinking of the insanity of this bs going on and Jimmy Piersall popped into my mind. Jimmy was a baseball player in the 50's and early 60's. They made a movie of his life "Fear Strikes Out". He had a mental breakdown in his playing days. To the point of the story: The Yankee pitcher had "brushed back" or "knocked down" the two previous hitters. As Jimmy stepped to the plate, he told Yogi Berra, "If you knock me down, I swear to God I'll hit you on top of the head with this bat as hard as I can, and you know I'm the only man in the league who can plead insanity and get away with it!" Yogi smiled and said, "Jimmy, we don't throw at .240 hitters."

Jimmy played CF for the Red Sox when Ted Williams was in LF. Sometimes if he was PO'd about something, Ted would take a fielding stance facing the LF foul line. That was a signal that anything hit behind me is yours. Jimmy complained to the Red Sox that he deserved 2 salaries since he had to play LF and CF.

Morning Legionnaires!

Apologies for the Joe Biden approved post above.

Weather still in the low 90's going back up this week to high 90's to possible 100° for the week. I NEED MY FISHING WEATHER BACK.

On a lighter note, I was watching a YouTube piece about Linda Carter and her daughter. Her daughter got her mother's looks. After seeing her I think that those in Hollywood should have casted her as the next Wonder Woman. That would have been cool. She is in the business anyway (also lawyer like her dad) and has traveled with her mother doing shows around the country.

c65ac25d-404a-439c-9d0d-4cebce640b52-getty-688753220.jpg
I've got to tell you folks.......I have always been a sucker for those green/grey eyes.........The Director's turn green when she is on the war path.....other times they are mostly grey.........I learned that 45+ yrs ago..........before I really learned the rules.........

We got .08. They were wonderful clouds but not too productive
We have been all but bypassed the last few days......the driveway did kind of sort of got wet......almost one day......where the downspout drains the metal rood over the deck.....there was a small puddle there at the downspout........and that was our down pour event too!

Here are some more animals if interested. For some reason I started receiving these on my facebook feed. I like them.

As @wildcatdonf and @Sawnee Cat can tell you....Junior was from Cumming, GA (born there...not sure).
The story I always heard was that he used to hang around an old gas station telling stories and jokes. One day a producer (or somebody with ties to the entertainment world) stopped by...or heard of Junior, and that's how he got in show business.
Not long after I moved to Atlanta I drove up to Cumming and the station was still there. Have no idea it it still is.

As @wildcatdonf and @Sawnee Cat can tell you....Junior was from Cumming, GA (born there...not sure).
The story I always heard was that he used to hang around an old gas station telling stories and jokes. One day a producer (or somebody with ties to the entertainment world) stopped by...or heard of Junior, and that's how he got in show business.
Not long after I moved to Atlanta I drove up to Cumming and the station was still there. Have no idea it it still is.
Yes Junior was from Cumming and his family goes back many generations. He is buried up on the side of the hill. I have so many stores about him I could go on all day.

Junior had an uncle who owned a used car lot on Highway 9 as you came into town. There was a sign, ragged sign, on the side of the road that read Samples Car Sales. When I moved away the phone number BR-549 was still on that sign.

My wife worked at Lanier Tech and one day a boy wearing bib overalls came in looking for a job in the custodial department. He looked like a young Junior Samples and it turned out he was a nephew of Junior. They must have cloned him.

Junior was a great bass fisherman and spent most of his time on Lake Lanier. The story goes he was fishing from his boat and got close to the dock of an old lady, about 85 years, who lived on the lake. The lady yelled down and said "Junior get away from the dock you ain't got no business there". Junior must have been half tight and he yelled back "I'll come up there and knock you side of the head if you scare off these bass." Well the lady took that as an assault and hauled him into court. The judge heard her story and looked down at Junior and asked him if what he said was so/ With that famous grin on his face he told the judge, "No your honor I am a lover not a fighter, I just wanted to giver her a little sugar" That was a true story.

Junior Samples was genuine and that was not an act. He was real and not an actor.

Yes Junior was from Cumming and his family goes back many generations. He is buried up on the side of the hill. I have so many stores about him I could go on all day.

Junior had an uncle who owned a used car lot on Highway 9 as you came into town. There was a sign, ragged sign, on the side of the road that read Samples Car Sales. When I moved away the phone number BR-549 was still on that sign.

My wife worked at Lanier Tech and one day a boy wearing bib overalls came in looking for a job in the custodial department. He looked like a young Junior Samples and it turned out he was a nephew of Junior. They must have cloned him.

Junior was a great bass fisherman and spent most of his time on Lake Lanier. The story goes he was fishing from his boat and got close to the dock of an old lady, about 85 years, who lived on the lake. The lady yelled down and said "Junior get away from the dock you ain't got no business there". Junior must have been half tight and he yelled back "I'll come up there and knock you side of the head if you scare off these bass." Well the lady took that as an assault and hauled him into court. The judge heard her story and looked down at Junior and asked him if what he said was so/ With that famous grin on his face he told the judge, "No your honor I am a lover not a fighter, I just wanted to giver her a little sugar" That was a true story.

Junior Samples was genuine and that was not an act. He was real and not an actor.

I heard many different people state he was a genuine person. Good he got work but seemed a little on the Dolittle side of things. (Had to throw Loretta in there.)

One more and I will shut up. I heard this one from my barber who knew Junior from birth and his brother ran moon shine with Junior. Moonshine was a big item in those days and Junior's ran shine down Highway 9 that ran from Dawsonville down to Atlanta. Junior would run that several times a week.

Dawsonville in in Dawson County (hometown of Bill Elliott and family) and the next county is Forsyth and then South of Forsyth, Fulton where Atlanta is. So Junior and his buddy are running wide open around those curves and they run right into a Sheriff's roadblock as they got to the Cumming town limits. Junior pulled onto the shoulder and the Sheriff, who recognized him, said Junior where you going at this speed. The Sheriff said he was going to fine him $20.00 for speeding through his town. Junior paused and said, Sheriff I am going to be coming back through here in about 2 hours, what you say I give you $40.00 and you wave me on by next time.

If you knew Cumming, Georgia in the 1960's and Junior Samples you would know every word is true. The local folks said he was a better moonshine runner than TV actor because they knew him all of his life and he was just Junior and that is what Junior was

One more and I will shut up. I heard this one from my barber who knew Junior from birth and his brother ran moon shine with Junior. Moonshine was a big item in those days and Junior's ran shine down Highway 9 that ran from Dawsonville down to Atlanta. Junior would run that several times a week.

Dawsonville in in Dawson County (hometown of Bill Elliott and family) and the next county is Forsyth and then South of Forsyth, Fulton where Atlanta is. So Junior and his buddy are running wide open around those curves and they run right into a Sheriff's roadblock as they got to the Cumming town limits. Junior pulled onto the shoulder and the Sheriff, who recognized him, said Junior where you going at this speed. The Sheriff said he was going to fine him $20.00 for speeding through his town. Junior paused and said, Sheriff I am going to be coming back through here in about 2 hours, what you say I give you $40.00 and you wave me on by next time.

If you knew Cumming, Georgia in the 1960's and Junior Samples you would know every word is true. The local folks said he was a better moonshine runner than TV actor because they knew him all of his life and he was just Junior and that is what Junior was

I had pastor friend who was a pretty big guy. He had Lulu Roman as a guest in his church once. He took her out for dinner after the church service and guess she was really digging in. He said he didn't mind her eating so much but that he was afraid people might think that he was Junior Samples.

John Cardillo retweeted a guy named Paul Mcleary. I can't link on this device, but he says the colonel who just got fired has a video and he claims brass will need money and protection. Says follow me and we will bring the whole f@@king system down. If interested, maybe someone can find the tweets.

Wild Animal fight...

Note: If I shouldn't share these let me know. They seem interesting and since there is no cost to view i thought any of you could if you like to. Not sure how I started getting these but they usually run in cycles. Pretty neat to me...

Good morning all. Little wet outside. Got some rain overnight and it may still be sprinkling some...can't tell. Only getting up to the mid 80s today so the heat wave has broken. Chance of a storm or two today. As long as they don't imitate Ida I' m fine wth it.

Used to go to New Orleans quite often on business. Even during good weather and the non-hurricane season they talk about them due to being below sea level and the levees. They're always worried about them.

Again...nothing going on today.
Y'all have a good day.

Good Monday Morning

I am watching the sun come up with a temperature of 76° and fair skies. Our high will be 86° with a slight chance of rain at 18%. A typical late August day.

I sold four UK football media guides on Ebay over night. A 1976, 1977, 1978 and the 1986 one pictured below. UK stuff has not been selling very good over the summer so it is nice to see a little movement. My basketball collection of 50 years is still not selling. Maybe as the season gets closer it will. I am downsizing big time.

I trust all have a good day and stay safe. Looks like Ida will be bringing some rain as she heads North.

s-l1600.jpg

Good Morning all,
A busy next two days. I will be reading and liking but I will give all a break from my rapid-fire posting.

I hate to see misery brought by anything but hurricanes and tornado's are so devastating and abrupt to where everything is affected at once. My heart hurts for those affected.

Oh, keep God as your focus, I find myself focusing on areas that are not profitable to me or my family many times. God is always profitable for our lives and deserves our focus, devotion, and worship. May God Bless you and your families and may God keep you safe. God Bless you all...

Good morning D, read Habakkuk 2 this morning.

We are under a flood watch!!!

I hope the D has a great day!!! And Prayers!!!
I read 1 and 2 so I am up to speed this morning.

I am not sure you are in the path of Ida but it sounds like you do not need any more rain at the moment. I will be in Nashville this weekend so I hope it dries out up there before we fly out.

Hi D-League,
Another week is getting started and we are now issued a flash flood watch as the leftovers of hurricane Ida move our way. Forecasters are predicting anywhere between 2"-4" inches of rain, with the heavier amounts staying further west of us. Unfortunately some of those areas will be the same areas that were devastated by the floods a couple weeks ago. As for us, we don't need anymore rain either. It's ironic that some regions just keep getting inundated with rain upon more rain, storm after storm, while other areas/regions can't buy a single drop of rain and are in a devastating drought.

At school/work, we keep moving ahead, even though some schools are out all week because of corona19, students and teachers sick list a mile long and can't find any substitutes to keep things going. We keep on, however, as our supervisors say....."All gas, no brakes"

Keep praying for those friends and family that are sick and in the hospital with corona 19 and other medical issues. Seems like a lot of that is going on, at least in my world and some are in serious condition.

Take care and enjoy this day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT