ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D, read Habakkuk 2 this morning.

I read 1 and 2 so I am up to speed this morning.
I fell off the wagon this Summer with all the company and events. But things are finally slowing down so I'll get back on track.

I'm also reading thru the New Testament this year. A little slower pace than reading thru the entire Bible as I did last year. I've kept up with it with all the chaos, but thought for sure I was behind. Checked yesterday....I'm three weeks ahead. Go figure.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 74° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring thunderstorms and a high of 84°.

Everyone stay safe out there today.

Quebec-City-Things-To-Do-Lower-Old-Quebec-City.jpg
Lower Quebec City I do believe.

I fell off the wagon this Summer with all the company and events. But things are finally slowing down so I'll get back on track.

I'm also reading thru the New Testament this year. A little slower pace than reading thru the entire Bible as I did last year. I've kept up with it with all the chaos, but thought for sure I was behind. Checked yesterday....I'm three weeks ahead. Go figure.
OC, the SENIOR SAINT that I read with ask if we could start the NEW TESTAMENT when we get done with the OT, told her OK with me.

This is my take on what happened. I think Joe Bedlam saw a glorious Sept. 11th for him, where he could say, look I brought them all home and IT BACKED FIRED on him/her/it big time!!!!!!!!!!
Each day Joe Biden shows us he is not in charge. Susan Rice and Obama are leading him by the nose and he is so out of touch he doesn't understand.

Quotes like "I am not suppose to take any questions" "I was told to call on. let's see CBS, Kelly O'connell" SP?? Somebody who hates America is telling him what to do. You are the President why would anyone tell you to answer or not answer questions or how to answer them. Biden they installed you as President

The road leads to Susan Rice and Obama. The biggest haters of all.

Last edited:
Rough day D-League. A close, close friend has been dealing with health issues. He's a former Vietnam vet and some of it was attributed to Agent Orange by the VA. But today he learned he has blood cancer and has to start chemo right away. He's in his mid-70s, and the prognosis isn't good.

Terrific guy who after Nam got into the writing business. He worked with Joe Galloway of "We Were Soldiers Once" fame, who died last week, all the way back to when they were both teenagers, before either went to Vietnam.

Certainly he's not giving up hope and I'm trying to be his support system on that. But it is a tough piece of news.

Rough day D-League. A close, close friend has been dealing with health issues. He's a former Vietnam vet and some of it was attributed to Agent Orange by the VA. But today he learned he has blood cancer and has to start chemo right away. He's in his mid-70s, and the prognosis isn't good.

Terrific guy who after Nam got into the writing business. He worked with Joe Galloway of "We Were Soldiers Once" fame, who died last week, all the way back to when they were both teenagers, before either went to Vietnam.

Certainly he's not giving up hope and I'm trying to be his support system on that. But it is a tough piece of news.
Really sorry about your friend Md. I know the prognosis is not good but there's always hope. I have no doubt that he was a good and talented man. God bless him for his service to this great country.

Really sorry about your friend Md. I know the prognosis is not good but there's always hope. I have no doubt that he was a good and talented man. God bless him for his service to this great country.
Thanks 82. He's been a good friend since we met in Mogadishu in 1992 - me wearing a UK cap and he wearing a KU cap. Yes, he's a Jayhawk, but I put that all aside through the years.

Here we are as younger chaps in Sarajevo, May, 1993, after a Serb artillery bombardment. He's on teh left, I'm in the center. You can see a stadium behind us that was left over from the Olympics that has been shelled repeatedly, and a building in the right edge of the frame that has a hole knocked in the roof. The third man is our Bosnian driver Darik. He was our good luck charm because he'd already been shot in the head with a mostly spent sniper round. He had a neat little hole that looked like it had been surgically drilled right behind his left ear. We figured, "What are the odds they hit him again?"

Prayers for your friend.

Prayer sent for your friend.

Got a call from my sister today. Her 31-year old daughter, our niece, has filed for divorce. Talk about a gut punch. We always thought they were the perfect family. Beautiful kids of 2 and 5 years old. Nice big house. Good jobs. Granted we only see them 3 or 4 times a year because they live out of town but still.... Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. Sorry for the Charlie Rich line.

Sad reality. 50% of marriages in this country end up the same way.

55, I will put him on our GOD KNOWS list!!!!

Prayers for your friend 55.

Good Morning all,
A busy next two days. I will be reading and liking but I will give all a break from my rapid-fire posting.

I hate to see misery brought by anything but hurricanes and tornado's are so devastating and abrupt to where everything is affected at once. My heart hurts for those affected.

Oh, keep God as your focus, I find myself focusing on areas that are not profitable to me or my family many times. God is always profitable for our lives and deserves our focus, devotion, and worship. May God Bless you and your families and may God keep you safe. God Bless you all...
Amen!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and clear. 87% humidity. 30% possibility for pop-up showers. Our high today should reach 98°F.

Called daughter late yesterday afternoon. She said they are receiving some rain from Tropical Storm Ida after a long dry spell. Told her be careful.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design19-e1598846304999-1080x675.jpg

Good morning, D-League!

May you all have a productive and safe Tuesday, and may God hold close all those that you know and love that cherish Him and His son!

Gonna be a marathon of sorts today. Gonna try to make it fun. Gonna try to forget the lunacy of dc while getting my own house in order. Got to set the example since we have no leadership there

Good morning D-League. Beautiful, cool morning breaking in the east, as I watch a Great Blue Heron gracefully, almost effortlessly, skim across the couple acres of a small lake - faster than I can write it.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and good wishes for my friend. When the time is right, I’ll let him know that there are Wildcats praying for him. If I know him, he’ll respond with something like “If they are like you, I know I’m screwed,” but then say how grateful he is.

Hope u all have a good day.

Good morning D-League.

The local weather will be pleasant today. We have 75° and sunny skies and this afternoon will bring cloudy skies with a 15% chance of rain and a high of 85°.

Today the folks who were visited by Ida will be out looking at the damages and many will be preparing to go without electricity for quite some time.

I found working these storms that the days following the hurricane were the most dangerous and for some reason many of our fellow citizens think it is a green light to steal and loot. New Orleans is famous for this and it seems to be hard hit. The motto will be "You Loot We Shoot" I trust the loss of life will not be increasing but I fear it may be because of the heavy rain. Lord be with them.

Stay safe and if you are in poor health our prayers are with you.

A little cooler and overcast in the Buckeye State. About 70 now...heading up to only the low 80s. Chance of showers on one app...none on another. Need the rain bad. Was hoping that Ida would lift a little North than projected but alas, no such luck.

Probably going to be a pick-up, straighten up, put things back in closets and storage, clean the garage day.
Because.....our company flew out last night.....

faff3a1036ba04eebeac128dae742e37.jpg

I have been playing around with Ebay for months now and I have found out you can sell about anything. A couple of items sell really well one being used license tags and Danbury Mint / Franklin Mint diecast car and truck models. 1/24 scale.

I sold this tag last night and will be taking it down to the post office this morning. I had it on my 1969 Chevelle. I kept every tag for over 50 years and had them mounted in my garage. I sold one for $200 but most bring between $25 and $75.00.

s-l1600.jpg

I recently sold a "Dukes of Hazzard" Dodge Charger like this for $425.00. I bought it for about $125.00 10 years ago. Danbury Mint does not produce these die casts anymore and they bring some big bucks. I had 340 models at the peak of my collection. I have a little over 100 left.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Prayers for your friend.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 71° and raining here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring thunderstorms, with a potential for flooding and a high of 73°.

Everyone stay safe out there today.

5-things-italy.jpg
I know y'all won't believe this, but we stayed on top floor of that red hotel in center of picture for three nights in 2007. But on the back side, so no view. We also had dinner on plaza where the umbrellas are, walked down from the top of the hill in background through vineyards, hiked the Cinque Terre trails along the Med Coast between the five towns, and soaked our feet in the water sitting on rocks at the far left side of that picture. Ate breakfast in pink building on left. Gives me chills thinking about it.

It's Vernazza. We have a photo hanging on our family room wall taken from up above the church. This picture was taken from the breakwater. can dive off it on sea side & they have steps to climb out.

CT was getting crowded then, and when we went back ~2016, it was pretty jam-packed. Beautiful area. I think I'll put my Vernazza T-shirt on in honor of this.

Forgive me but I am still trying to wrap my thoughts around leaving anyone in Afghanistan. I can't understand. In this picture I am the one on the left and my best Army buddy is to my left smoking a cigarette in a no smoking zone. (He was cutting up and the cigarette was not lit) But that is the kind of personality he had. I know for sure he would have never been onboard with leaving anyone behind. Never. He would have died by your side before leaving. I can't understand this.

enhance

Last edited:
What is left of Ida is paying us a call with some good rain (1.68" at the second and it is coming down hard), but the only wind we got was yesterday afternoon. It is a cool 69.4°F on our way to a predicted high 72°F.

Here is best of wishes to our KU buddy with blood cancer. I am 75 and at that age we know what is coming we just don't know what or when.

Yesterday one of my childhood friends and a fellow spelunker died at 74. His sister stood up with us at our wedding. I did not even know that he was sick. Pat Moran. He was good in the tight places because he was skinnier than me.
48426125_1981093292006245_7380981957661818880_n.jpg

Looks like we have a shot at going into the SEC with a winning record.
You reckon'

That home schedule is pathetic. My season tickets cost $5,000 and looking at the home schedule it is nothing but a rip off. I will never attend another UK game and fortunately I have a buyer for my tickets but after looking at this he may back out.

Miles College, Highpoint Junior College and the powerhouse Robert Morris. The loyal fans of UK basketball are left with the scraps of college basketball for home games.

Where have you gone Adolph Rupp, a man who brought in the best every year. Same with Joe B Hall.

Everyone, Good Morning.

I hope you all are doing well today and I send my prayers and encouragement to all those family/friends who are sick right now, some in bad shape and in need of divine intervention.

The leftovers of Ida started coming over us last night and still this morning. As you know, it rains all the time here anyway, so the last thing we need is a hurricane moving over us. Last evening, we got a squall line, feeder band move through. Winds were nearly 40mph and it was raining in torrential sheets. I had 1.14" inches of rain in about 25 minutes. The rest of the night and this morning has been hit and miss, but so far, the total is up over 2.2 inches.

Football seems to be on the rise, but I won't watch the NFL at all; I may catch a few college games here and there. Our high schools have been postponing games because of many players having the corona19 virus or deemed a "close contact" with others. Krazy!!

Baseball is still fun, watching the Tampa Bay Rays often, since the Braves are "blacked out" in my area on YouTubeTV, we quite often have been defaulted to getting Tampa games; maybe they're considered the next logical southern "regional" team for us?

Anyway, take care and make the most of this day the Lord has made.

What is left of Ida is paying us a call with some good rain (1.68" at the second and it is coming down hard), but the only wind we got was yesterday afternoon. It is a cool 69.4°F on our way to a predicted high 72°F.

Here is best of wishes to our KU buddy with blood cancer. I am 75 and at that age we know what is coming we just don't know what or when.

Yesterday one of my childhood friends and a fellow spelunker died at 74. His sister stood up with us at our wedding. I did not even know that he was sick. Pat Moran. He was good in the tight places because he was skinnier than me.
48426125_1981093292006245_7380981957661818880_n.jpg

"I am 75 and at that age we know what is coming we just don't know what or when."

Sheez. I got up this morning all chipper and happy and get this alarming reminder?

Good morning D, we have 1" so far and most of that was last night. I kept watching the radar and it looked like there was a wall set up just out side of Muhlenberg, the rain would make it to us then just disappear!

I am trying to get psychoed for my trip to Arkansas, so I fried me some Trout this morning!!!! I found out this morning that, Trout is not the best baled, not good air fried, best skillet fried!!!! Used Andy's seasoning.

About to get ready to start making Christmas ornaments again, cut out some bulbs and bells this morning.

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!

Democraps sure know how to dance, they dance around just about every question ask them!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT