ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

FORWARD MARCH

"Well I may be right or I may be wrong but Jody's got your girl and gone"

221385428_294925799077612_4539723587252994237_n.jpg

What is left of Ida is paying us a call with some good rain (1.68" at the second and it is coming down hard), but the only wind we got was yesterday afternoon. It is a cool 69.4°F on our way to a predicted high 72°F.

Here is best of wishes to our KU buddy with blood cancer. I am 75 and at that age we know what is coming we just don't know what or when.

Yesterday one of my childhood friends and a fellow spelunker died at 74. His sister stood up with us at our wedding. I did not even know that he was sick. Pat Moran. He was good in the tight places because he was skinnier than me.
48426125_1981093292006245_7380981957661818880_n.jpg
Bert -- I'm very sorry for your loss. And thanks for the kind words on my buddy.

Talked with him again today. He is putting on a good face but you can tell he's in that phase where it all seems impossible, not real. Yes, we all know it is coming for us. But to be told, basically, this coming Christmas will be your last one, that has to create a whole different feel to your life.

Bert -- I'm very sorry for your loss. And thanks for the kind words on my buddy.

Talked with him again today. He is putting on a good face but you can tell he's in that phase where it all seems impossible, not real. Yes, we all know it is coming for us. But to be told, basically, this coming Christmas will be your last one, that has to create a whole different feel to your life.
Reminds of me of when Trump gave Rush the Presidential Medal of Freedom a few weeks after he got his diagnosis. To me he looked like he hadn't slept during that time and you could see the weight of the world on him.
Give me either a Mack truck or lay down to sleep and never wake up.

What is left of Ida is paying us a call with some good rain (1.68" at the second and it is coming down hard), but the only wind we got was yesterday afternoon. It is a cool 69.4°F on our way to a predicted high 72°F.

Here is best of wishes to our KU buddy with blood cancer. I am 75 and at that age we know what is coming we just don't know what or when.

Yesterday one of my childhood friends and a fellow spelunker died at 74. His sister stood up with us at our wedding. I did not even know that he was sick. Pat Moran. He was good in the tight places because he was skinnier than me.
48426125_1981093292006245_7380981957661818880_n.jpg
Sorry for your loss Bert.

On a lighter note, yeah, we all know it is coming but as long as we are happy and healthy enough to enjoy life...Do It. I have those days where I think about it because several of the people I was in the military with and about my age are gone already. My only wish is to stick around long enough to make sure the house is paid off and that my daughter is set in her life before I go. With today's situation in this country, I sometimes have my doubts going forward.

Well, I meant it to be lighter. Turn one up tonight to me and I will do the same for you guys and let's try to be more upbeat because... Football on Saturday.

Remember those well!!!!!
At the end of every cycle of Drill Sergeant School when I was an instructor there we would take the candidates for a run up Mount Scott the weekend before graduation. 3.2 miles around and around to get to the top and then we would run back down. Was through for the day after that.

3fd1d19d016a48595f7bfc3c5c6566c2.jpg

That is a bunch of rain. Any danger of it getting into your house. Stay safe
Well, I have a sump pump in the back of the house that collects and pumps out water that would otherwise probably find it's way into my basement. I had that happen during Hurricane Ivan years ago, after we had just moved into this house. My poor pump is going off about every 3-4 minutes, working hard to keep up.

You reckon'

That home schedule is pathetic. My season tickets cost $5,000 and looking at the home schedule it is nothing but a rip off. I will never attend another UK game and fortunately I have a buyer for my tickets but after looking at this he may back out.

Miles College, Highpoint Junior College and the powerhouse Robert Morris. The loyal fans of UK basketball are left with the scraps of college basketball for home games.

Where have you gone Adolph Rupp, a man who brought in the best every year. Same with Joe B Hall.

Cal has tune-up-game'd us right out of national title contention while decreasing potential revenue. It's genius level at this point. It really hides his in-game coaching (until late in the year) not having to play tougher opponents all along, but that's only if we beat all of the underdogs. When we don't it's because the kids haven't "bought-in." You see... listen to what I'm sayin' here... I love my team, but they're not ready.... it's a work in progress... this is a young team.... All of that is short for "it's not my fault." Then... it's all about the players... getting them ready for the NBA... until they get there and realize they have to learn the game still.

Remember when coaches taught the game? Remember back when they spent years teaching young men the game of basketball instead of taught them a little bit and tried to milk a title or a better contract out of em, before telling them they need to move on? Is it still about the players when they're shut out of playing time on a team that isnt even making the tournament? Is it still about the players when you platoon them all season only to give up that advantage in the final four?

If it ever gets to be like all of that here, that might suck. Why? If we don't have the coach we have, what kind of a coach will we get to replace him? Jay Wright isn't gonna budge, and quite a few have problems with the ncaa.

At least the Davis/Gilchrist class won one title for us and the KATowns year was fun until our coach ran a fade route

A buddy of mine from school just got a positive covid test. He's freaked out. Tried my best to lift his spirits and not talk about the negative, just focus on what he can do.

What a medical professional and I talked about a few weeks ago came up in the conversation, so I went there.

They (the medical professional) explained to me (for the second time in a year, but I let him repeat himself) that the entire objective of the shots is to get our body to produce the spike proteins so our body learns to fight what carries them- coronaviruses. So, if our bodies are producing the spike proteins and have the genetic material in the cells to make them seem like coronaviruses, guess what we will do when our body starts producing them?

We'll get coronavirus symptoms and should by all accounts test positive for ..... ...... coronavirus (because the current tests can't well distinguish between coronaviruses). Imagine that. Once we have even mild symptoms, since the shots supposedly make you have milder symptoms, we'll also be contagious but might not realize it as quickly. Imagine that. We also may be producing a higher viral load in our environment, because our body is not just fighting off a virus, but also the factory producing it at the same time. A higher viral load means greater contagiousness of the virus for those around us. Weird.

He was so annoyed that the supreme leader of the niaaid never mentioned and no one ever asked if there WOULD be a spike in cases after a larger and larger percentage of the population got shots and eventually started producing the spike proteins efficiently.

Before he got his blood pressure too high, I reminded him he had told me all of this last year. He was a little perturbed and asked me gruffly why I didn't say something earlier. I told him I wanted to see if his perspective and understanding had changed, since I'd seen so many flip flop like Fauci and go from knowledgeable and science-based to marketing and "let's get this overwith" based.

That seemed to cheer him up a little and we decided to get a bourbon together if possible when the lockdowns thaw in the late spring, if we survive the endless variants being produced, and if we aren't rounded up for having science-based opinions.

What might cheer y'all up as it did us when I mentioned it-

God made an incredible thing when He made man in His image. What the medical industry thinks it can create/destroy/control is such a small bit compared to what God can do and has made us to do. He can overcome this if we give it over to Him. We and those around us may suffer a bit before that happens, but He IS faithful if we ask Him to help us.

I don't find fault with those who trusted the people who told them "this was the way" only to change it to "if you keep doing this over and over and over..." Some saw it coming and tried to warn everyone, but were censored and silenced. Few got to hear the warnings. There is still room to seek His face and overcome. He made us and He can remake us if we trust Him.

It's entirely possible I won't be around to see it. One of each of these different variants incubating in each of 150M Americans may get me. That's up to God. I don't deserve the life He's given me, nor the blessings given to me within it. But WE KNOW, who know, that no one except us by our own choices can be snatched out of His hand of those who belong to the Son.

Lie down and rise up peacefully knowing He loves you all. May God bless you my brothers and sisters wherever you walk and call home

On a lighter note, I gave my lady an ear worm the other day, because she had an ear worm already, in hope's it would cancel out the first one.

She had heard "Waterloo..." by ABBA in an elevator or at a store and could NOT get it out of her head... So I said, at least it wasn't "Xanadu" or "Dancing Queen" or even worse "Let's Get Physical" and I played her little snippets of each.

For some reason, we haven't shared each other's company much since that exchange. No word on any other ear worms and I don't expect that to change soon.

Who kills me first? C19 or my lady? Pool begins now... 5$ to enter.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 80°F and partly cloudy. We may dip down to 78°F before eventually heating up to 100°F or so today. Summer's last hurrah, and it's a scorcher.

Yeah, I'm up early this morning. Wife not feeling well and on medication. Helped her out with a few things.

Happy Hump Day! Labor Day weekend coming up.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

118652305_3267141916667156_4561521109373396760_n.jpg

We ended up with 3.24" from Ida, but we can use every bit of it.

I guess Middle Tennessee is wanting a chance to dry out.
Bert, yeah, many parts of TN could go on for a long while with no rain and still be just fine. It was shocking to see that flooding in the middle of the state and, fortunately for me, we didn't get anywhere near that flooding of a few weeks ago in my area; I live about halfway between Cleveland, TN and Chattanooga. The 3.24" you received should keep your ground moist for a while.

A buddy of mine from school just got a positive covid test. He's freaked out. Tried my best to lift his spirits and not talk about the negative, just focus on what he can do.

What a medical professional and I talked about a few weeks ago came up in the conversation, so I went there.

They (the medical professional) explained to me (for the second time in a year, but I let him repeat himself) that the entire objective of the shots is to get our body to produce the spike proteins so our body learns to fight what carries them- coronaviruses. So, if our bodies are producing the spike proteins and have the genetic material in the cells to make them seem like coronaviruses, guess what we will do when our body starts producing them?

We'll get coronavirus symptoms and should by all accounts test positive for ..... ...... coronavirus (because the current tests can't well distinguish between coronaviruses). Imagine that. Once we have even mild symptoms, since the shots supposedly make you have milder symptoms, we'll also be contagious but might not realize it as quickly. Imagine that. We also may be producing a higher viral load in our environment, because our body is not just fighting off a virus, but also the factory producing it at the same time. A higher viral load means greater contagiousness of the virus for those around us. Weird.

He was so annoyed that the supreme leader of the niaaid never mentioned and no one ever asked if there WOULD be a spike in cases after a larger and larger percentage of the population got shots and eventually started producing the spike proteins efficiently.

Before he got his blood pressure too high, I reminded him he had told me all of this last year. He was a little perturbed and asked me gruffly why I didn't say something earlier. I told him I wanted to see if his perspective and understanding had changed, since I'd seen so many flip flop like Fauci and go from knowledgeable and science-based to marketing and "let's get this overwith" based.

That seemed to cheer him up a little and we decided to get a bourbon together if possible when the lockdowns thaw in the late spring, if we survive the endless variants being produced, and if we aren't rounded up for having science-based opinions.

What might cheer y'all up as it did us when I mentioned it-

God made an incredible thing when He made man in His image. What the medical industry thinks it can create/destroy/control is such a small bit compared to what God can do and has made us to do. He can overcome this if we give it over to Him. We and those around us may suffer a bit before that happens, but He IS faithful if we ask Him to help us.

I don't find fault with those who trusted the people who told them "this was the way" only to change it to "if you keep doing this over and over and over..." Some saw it coming and tried to warn everyone, but were censored and silenced. Few got to hear the warnings. There is still room to seek His face and overcome. He made us and He can remake us if we trust Him.

It's entirely possible I won't be around to see it. One of each of these different variants incubating in each of 150M Americans may get me. That's up to God. I don't deserve the life He's given me, nor the blessings given to me within it. But WE KNOW, who know, that no one except us by our own choices can be snatched out of His hand of those who belong to the Son.

Lie down and rise up peacefully knowing He loves you all. May God bless you my brothers and sisters wherever you walk and call home
I am of the mind set that if it is my time to return to the father, there is no amount of man made medicine that is going to keep me here. I don't begrudge anyone who wears a mask or takes the shots but, I do those who tell me that it is best for me and I should (God forbid it become will) take the shot and wear the mask. Noticed yesterday that about 75% or so in Walmart in Lawton OK were wearing mask as opposed to just a couple of months ago only about 25%. Not mandatory but, it seems that the media has help make it that way.

On a lighter note, I gave my lady an ear worm the other day, because she had an ear worm already, in hope's it would cancel out the first one.

She had heard "Waterloo..." by ABBA in an elevator or at a store and could NOT get it out of her head... So I said, at least it wasn't "Xanadu" or "Dancing Queen" or even worse "Let's Get Physical" and I played her little snippets of each.

For some reason, we haven't shared each other's company much since that exchange. No word on any other ear worms and I don't expect that to change soon.

Now you have done it. I will push for Xanadu to stay. Olivia was one of my guilty pleasures in my younger years.

Good morning from the Gulf Coast

It is September 1st. Time just keeps on rolling along. The weather this morning shows some high chances of rain and the temperature is currently 77° and it will climb to 80°. Not a bad temperature for a September day in Florida.

Football is in the air and that is a good thing. Things are very active down here but the Feds are trying their best to shut us down but we have a governor who will fight back. There are a bunch of mothers who will fight by his side.

d2f695bd6e1735147981c8e2f03cf982.png

Good morning all. Front came thru last night about 9 and you could feel the air cool down and humidity lower. Maybe it was just the Northern edge of Ida moving on...don't know. But it's pleasant this morning. Mid 60s out now going up to the high 70s. The highs for the next week will not get out of the 70s...so we'll see how accurate they are.

When I lived in Atlanta I loved, loved, loved the Fall. The heat/humidity was over and with all the trees it was beautiful. Now, in Ohio, I love it (just one love)....love the temp/no humidity and trees....but not so much what follows it...cold and ice.

Still cleaning, picking up, storing, etc.
Y'all have a good day.

Cal has tune-up-game'd us right out of national title contention while decreasing potential revenue. It's genius level at this point. It really hides his in-game coaching (until late in the year) not having to play tougher opponents all along, but that's only if we beat all of the underdogs. When we don't it's because the kids haven't "bought-in." You see... listen to what I'm sayin' here... I love my team, but they're not ready.... it's a work in progress... this is a young team.... All of that is short for "it's not my fault." Then... it's all about the players... getting them ready for the NBA... until they get there and realize they have to learn the game still.

Remember when coaches taught the game? Remember back when they spent years teaching young men the game of basketball instead of taught them a little bit and tried to milk a title or a better contract out of em, before telling them they need to move on? Is it still about the players when they're shut out of playing time on a team that isnt even making the tournament? Is it still about the players when you platoon them all season only to give up that advantage in the final four?

If it ever gets to be like all of that here, that might suck. Why? If we don't have the coach we have, what kind of a coach will we get to replace him? Jay Wright isn't gonna budge, and quite a few have problems with the ncaa.

At least the Davis/Gilchrist class won one title for us and the KATowns year was fun until our coach ran a fade route
My problem with Cal and the UK basketball program is how he treats UK fans with such a soft OOC home schedule. When you add in the Blue White fund tickets cost me over $200 a game. I see a problem with paying $200 to watch Highpoint and the other half dozens of schools, some of which I have not heard of. And you have to pay top dollar for the exhibition games also.

The tickets have been in our family since 1960 and I have maintained them even though I lived out of state. My priority points are very high and that comes in handy when we go to a Bowl game because you get the best tickets. But $5,000 a year is a lot of money to pay to keep priority points.

We also have 4 football tickets which are worth it and are a fair price. The only issue I have about football costs is we have to pay a "donation" to the Blue White fund to purchase a parking pass. They get you coming and going.

My son lives very close to Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington and he does not want to go to the basketball games. He lost interest and certainly does not want to pay $200 a game when he has a 70" TV screen. Fortunately one of his buddies from school days buys them so we are not out anything.

Good old "Waterloo". Winning tune for ABBA at Eurovision '74.

Bert, yeah, many parts of TN could go on for a long while with no rain and still be just fine. It was shocking to see that flooding in the middle of the state and, fortunately for me, we didn't get anywhere near that flooding of a few weeks ago in my area; I live about halfway between Cleveland, TN and Chattanooga. The 3.24" you received should keep your ground moist for a while.
Yep, plus we got 1.50 last Wednesday and Thursday. The corn is made and the soybeans just just about make it on yesterdays rain.

Last edited:
Good Morning,
I hope all have been well. I wanted to take time to post. (I am going to try curbing my posting a little.) I watched something late yesterday that caused me to think about my life in a personal way. (Don't ask me why I thought this but it came to mind...)(I realize, no matter what happens, I have it good.)

I have troubles as everyone does (Mine are miniscule in the Grand Scheme of things.) but I wanted to post a video that showed me expressively that God would never put on you more than you can bear... and he will make a way for you... (This is my translation in a literal sense when I saw this video to where I use what God has given me, to give me assurance that life's temptations and trials do not define who I am.) I must be what I am, A Child of God...(In all circumstances...) Thank God for his Blessed Assurance...

1 Corinthians 10:13; There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Imagine a day like this creature had....AND you survive it....

Note: I see these attacks as literal depictions of daily life, anyone's daily life.... In whom do you trust?

Note again: This post is not about any one bad incident, it is an accumulation of incidents that together try to overwhelm my daily life. God has given me a firm foundation and all I must remember is to trust in him and he will do all the work for me. (I believe this but work to show myself approved. All I really try to do is not be lazy! I tell people all the time, I have broad shoulders and I do but my broad shoulders are placed in God's hands...)

It just mesmerized me watching this clip... (It is a serious snake clip but I wasn't focusing on the snakes for some reason.)

Oh, God Bless you all and your families...

Good morning D-League. It's currently 68° and rainy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring cloudy skies and a high of 75°.

Was sleeping good last night until my daughter awakens me at 1:30am telling me a Sheriff is at the door. Now I'm scared, thinking something has happened to my wife's parents, only to learn they had the wrong house. Anyways I couldn't really get back to sleep after being scared like that.

Everyone stay safe on this Wednesday.

stokksnes-iceland-lupine-flowers.jpg

Sitting here waiting for my insurance man to show up. What a pain....when you have multiple properties and multiple cars/vehicles and campers. Everytime I look at our quarterly bill I think I'm getting hosed. Maybe not...but never will be able to figure out why car insurance doesn't go down considerably when you're retired. Daily driving is nill. So I checked in with him and surprise, surprise...he thinks he can save us a substantial amount of $$$. We'll see.

Good morning D, going to be a beautiful day here in the Berg.

Not a lot going on today.

Mrs. M has a date set for retirement, counting down the days, she almost let it slip to our daughter last night, she ask here how many days she had left.

I hope the D has a goodun!!! prayers for the D!!!!
I am waiting for your pictures for me to post on the D-League.

Good morning D-League.

Had an early morning doctor's appointment at my wife's insistence. Over recent years I've had a few welts and moles and other oddities pop up acros the landscape of my body, a couple of which looked like the Googled version of melanoma.

So, the guy looks me over for thirty seconds or so, says it is all benign and "what happens to you as you get less young." Embarrassing.

He asked if any of them bothered me or ever got irritated and I said one spot on my neck that falls where a collared shirt gets buttoned when I wear a tie. It gets sore when rubbed.

He says, "I can burn that off with a little local anesthetic but it'll sting a little." He was correct, but what was really weird was the strong smell of burning flesh that is still in my nostrils. That's as much of me as I want to be incinerated unless I decide to go for cremation down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT